Ohio
✟9,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't know much about the Amish but I love their simplicity. Don't get me wrong I love my electricity but I love simplicity as well. The Amish are hard working farmers as well. I've talked to a few of them at flea markets. Sometimes they own the market place.

But their religion must be lacking somewhere because they dont evangelize. Isn't it the churches mission to evangelize? I don't judge them however because I myself am nothing. I barely keep my head above water. But I like things about the Amish. I just don't know what they teach.

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟340,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I assume you know already that the Amish are one of the Anabaptist groups. They may not often evangelize, but they take the Sermon on the Mount very seriously.

One good source of information is Amish Studies – The Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College , the Amish Studies website of the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The website describes Amish history, beliefs, and practices, and it includes references to scholarly books and articles, if you want more detailed reading.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I assume you know already that the Amish are one of the Anabaptist groups. They may not often evangelize, but they take the Sermon on the Mount very seriously.

One good source of information is Amish Studies – The Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College , the Amish Studies website of the Young Center for Anabaptist and Pietist Studies at Elizabethtown College in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The website describes Amish history, beliefs, and practices, and it includes references to scholarly books and articles, if you want more detailed reading.
Thank you

• Friendly
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
They are of Swiss-German or Dutch background and do not marry outside their religion. Thus, they often marry distant cousins or other relatives for generations and much of their community is (distantly) related to each other. This causes many genetic disorders.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟9,021.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They are of Swiss-German or Dutch background and do not marry outside their religion. Thus, they often marry distant cousins or other relatives for generations and much of their community is (distantly) related to each other. This causes many genetic disorders.
Other peoples dress and act like prostitutes with their wealth and vanity that they flaunt.

Upvote 0