Testing or Trusting

sarah_egan

Aug 9, 2010
✟7,658.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
I think everyone here will say trusting, but I figured I'd ask how you came to that conclusion.

My husband and I have struggled with several miscarriages, even though nothing is "wrong". After our last one we prayed a lot and decided that my husband would make the decision on more children and right now he's waiting for God's guidance so we are preventing pregnancy. We both felt at peace with this decision (at least for now). It's new for him to listen for God's still small voice and new for me to learn to follow my husband's lead.

We were discussing what it meant to put God in control and my husband said that he felt like not using a condom and expecting God to keep me from getting pregnant was testing God, not trusting God and he didn't feel right about testing God. I reminded him that if God can get a virgin pregnant that a condom wasn't going to stop God, and that not using a condom didn't mean I would get pregnant which he, of course, agreed with.

But he still feels like it would be testing God to not use protection. So any words of advice, Bible verses, etc to help him would be very much appreciated.

Thank you
Sarah

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟971,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God--this is your spiritual act of worship." Romans 12:1

"Has not the LORD made [the husband & wife] one? In flesh and spirit they are his. And why one? Because he was seeking godly offspring." Malachi 2:15

Upvote 0