Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why do you feel the need to propose an "embedded age" hypothesis? What purpose does is serve?
It explains how we can have an old earth and mature Adam before the passage of time.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure.

I've brought up the concept of "tired energy" before, where perhaps things in the universe have to be at a certain level of tempering.

Have we ever seen this concept in action?

So when God withdrew His shekinah energy at the Fall, nature could take over and run the show for awhile.

So what's the connection between shekinah energy and embedded age?

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
It explains how we can have an old earth and mature Adam before the passage of time.

Wouldn't an allegorical reading of the six days make such an explanation unnecessary?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic

I already explained in post #19 that this isn't true. Your embedded age claims can not explain the age we see in these rocks without God planting fake fossils in the ground.

The rocks we find age in are found above fossils, so they were formed naturally after the creation week.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I already explained in post #19 that this isn't true. Your embedded age claims can not explain the age we see in these rocks without God planting fake fossils in the ground.

The rocks we find age in are found above fossils, so they were formed naturally after the creation week.

Also, wouldn't those fossils be history?

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
Also, wouldn't those fossils be history?

Precisely, which is why AV stated that God did not plant fake fossils in the ground. Since God did not plant fake fossils in the ground, and we have more than a week's worth of fossils, it is safe to say that the igneous rocks found above fossils formed after the creation week and do not contain embedded age. If the Creation week ended 6,000 years ago, then we should not find rocks that date to millions and billions of years old by radiometric dating.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,726.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Perhaps you could explain the difference between "X has the appearance of Y" and "X looks like Y."

As in how someone can say, "This rock has the appearance of being a million years old," but not, "This rock looks like it is a million years old."

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,961.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps you could explain the difference between "X has the appearance of Y" and "X looks like Y."
If someone said "X is Y," why would you tell others he said, "X looks like Y"?

They'll get the wrong impression.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kylie

Defeater of Illogic
Nov 23, 2013
✟302,726.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
If someone said "X is Y," why would you tell others he said, "X looks like Y"?

They'll get the wrong impression.
Wow, you're not even trying to be sneaky about the dishonesty here.

I asked you the different between "X looks like Y" and "X has the appearance of Y."

AT NO TIME did I ever bring up "X is Y."

So, try again, and this time answer my question without your dishonest strawman.

Upvote 0