Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll take questions on Embedded Age Creation here.

I define Embedded Age Creation as: maturity without history.

That works within my framework as well.

9 When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom

10 and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.”

Reactions: AV1611VET
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That works within my framework as well.

9 When the master of the feast tasted the water now become wine, and did not know where it came from (though the servants who had drawn the water knew), the master of the feast called the bridegroom

10 and said to him, “Everyone serves the good wine first, and when people have drunk freely, then the poor wine. But you have kept the good wine until now.”
Indeed, my friend!

I like this verse as well ...

2 Peter 3:5 For this they willingly are ignorant of, that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of the water and in the water:

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When did this embedding age begin and end? Is it continuous, or did it occur just during the creation week?
Began: 4004 BC
Ended: 4004 BC

It occurred only during the creation week.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I'll take questions on Embedded Age Creation here.

I define Embedded Age Creation as: maturity without history.
Why make a world that appears older than it is, BEYOND what is necessary for function? Earth wouldn't have to have all these qualities that indicate old age to have a sustainable environment.

It's as pointless as the idea of Adam from creation myth having a belly button.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why make a world that appears older than it is, BEYOND what is necessary for function?
I don't know.

But God does.

I'm sure He has his reasons for creating the earth with age embedded in it.

Luke 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
PsychoSarah said:
Earth wouldn't have to have all these qualities that indicate old age to have a sustainable environment.
I'm sure God can see more about the earth than we can.

After all, He created it.
PsychoSarah said:
It's as pointless as the idea of Adam from creation myth having a belly button.
Neither Adam, nor Eve, had a belly button.

Upvote 0

PsychoSarah

Chaotic Neutral
Jan 13, 2014
✟95,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
I don't know.

But God does.
Forbid people copied down the bible a little incorrect. I don't even think "billion" was in the ancient vocabulary.
I'm sure He has his reasons for creating the earth with age embedded in it.
Because god likes to troll, really, without a stated biblical reason, there is no reason to believe otherwise. It isn't as if god hasn't deceived before: (1 Kings 22:22)--“And the Lord said to him, ‘How?’ And he said, ‘I will go out and be a deceiving spirit in the mouth of all his prophets.’ Then He said, ‘You are to entice him and also prevail. Go and do so.'"
Luke 5:37 And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish.
Why not? Glass can last for a very long time.

I'm sure God can see more about the earth than we can.

After all, He created it.Neither Adam, nor Eve, had a belly button.
How do you know, you weren't there, and the bible doesn't say it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Thank you. Just one more question, I promise.

Did God create the Earth with fossils already in the ground?
No.

And please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
No.

And please feel free to ask as many questions as you want. :)

Just to recap, you claim that age was embedded only during the creation week, and God did not plant fossils in the ground as part of creating the Earth. With those two facts established, we can show that the 4.5 billion year age of the Earth is real and not the result of embedded age.

Since the Earth did not start with fossils already in the ground, those fossils had to form after there was already life on Earth. Since there is only 1 day between the creation of land animals and the end of the creation week, I think we can safely say that the fossil record started after the creation week. Therefore, any lava flows we find that are above fossils in that local geologic column also had to occur after the creation week.

As it turns out, we can date lava flows using radiometric dating. Since the conditions you set on embedded age, these lava flows could not have embedded age in them. They formed after the creation week. Therefore, we know that the radiometric clocks in the rocks started at zero with no age embedded in them. For some rocks, we find hundreds of millions of years of real radioactive decay history.

Young earth disproven.

Reactions: doubtingmerle
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,918,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Embedded age creation. What purpose does it serve?
I'm not sure.

I've brought up the concept of "tired energy" before, where perhaps things in the universe have to be at a certain level of tempering.

So when God withdrew His shekinah energy at the Fall, nature could take over and run the show for awhile.

Upvote 0