Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Out of curiosity I post this below into a reader level test site.

"
1 And now, behold, my brethren, I have spoken unto you, according as the Spirit hath constrained me; wherefore, I know that they must surely come to pass.

2 And the things which shall be written out of the abook shall be of great bworth unto the children of men, and especially unto our seed, which is a cremnant of the house of Israel.

3 For it shall come to pass in that day that the achurches which are built up, and not unto the Lord, when the one shall say unto the other: Behold, I, I am the Lord’s; and the others shall say: I, I am the Lord’s; and thus shall every one say that hath built up bchurches, and not unto the Lord—

4 And they shall contend one with another; and their priests shall contend one with another, and they shall teach with their alearning, and deny the bHoly Ghost, which giveth utterance.

5 And they adeny the bpower of God, the Holy One of Israel; and they say unto the people: Hearken unto us, and hear ye our precept; for behold there is cno God today, for the Lord and the Redeemer hath done his work, and he hath given his power unto men;

6 Behold, hearken ye unto my precept; if they shall say there is a miracle wrought by the hand of the Lord, believe it not; for this day he is not a God of amiracles; he hath done his work.

7 Yea, and there shall be many which shall say: aEat, drink, and be merry, for tomorrow we die; and it shall be well with us.

8 And there shall also be many which shall say: aEat, drink, and be bmerry; nevertheless, fear God—he will cjustify in committing a little dsin; yea, elie a little, take the advantage of one because of his words, dig a fpit for thy neighbor; there is gno harm in this; and do all these things, for tomorrow we die; and if it so be that we are guilty, God will beat us with a few stripes, and at last we shall be saved in the kingdom of God.

9 Yea, and there shall be many which shall teach after this manner, afalse and vain and bfoolish cdoctrines, and shall be puffed up in their hearts, and shall seek deep to hide their counsels from the Lord; and their works shall be in the dark.

10 And the ablood of the saints shall cry from the ground against them.

11 Yea, they have all gone out of the away; they have become bcorrupted.

12 Because of apride, and because of bfalse teachers, and cfalse doctrine, their churches have become corrupted, and their churches are lifted up; because of pride they are puffed up.

13 They arob the bpoor because of their fine sanctuaries; they rob the poor because of their fine clothing; and they persecute the meek and the poor in heart, because in their cpride they are puffed up.

14 They wear astiff necks and high heads; yea, and because of pride, and wickedness, and abominations, and bwhoredoms, they have all cgone astray save it be a dfew, who are the humble followers of Christ; nevertheless, they are eled, that in many instances they do ferr because they are taught by the precepts of men.

15 O the awise, and the learned, and the rich, that are puffed up in the bpride of their chearts, and all those who preach dfalse doctrines, and all those who commit ewhoredoms, and pervert the right way of the Lord, fwo, wo, wo be unto them, saith the Lord God Almighty, for they shall be thrust down to hell!

16 Wo unto them that aturn aside the just for a thing of naught and brevile against that which is good, and say that it is of no worth! For the day shall come that the Lord God will speedily visit the inhabitants of the earth; and in that day that they are cfully ripe in iniquity they shall perish.

17 But behold, if the inhabitants of the earth shall repent of their wickedness and abominations they shall not be destroyed, saith the Lord of Hosts.

18 But behold, that great and aabominable church, the bwhore of all the earth, must ctumble to the earth, and great must be the fall thereof.

19 For the kingdom of the devil must ashake, and they which belong to it must needs be stirred up unto repentance, or the bdevil will grasp them with his everlasting cchains, and they be stirred up to anger, and perish;

20 For behold, at that day shall he arage in the bhearts of the children of men, and stir them up to anger against that which is good.

21 And others will he apacify, and lull them away into carnal bsecurity, that they will say: All is well in Zion; yea, Zion prospereth, all is well—and thus the cdevil dcheateth their souls, and leadeth them away carefully down to hell.

22 And behold, others he aflattereth away, and telleth them there is no bhell; and he saith unto them: I am no devil, for there is none—and thus he whispereth in their ears, until he grasps them with his awful cchains, from whence there is no deliverance.

23 Yea, they are grasped with death, and hell; and death, and hell, and the devil, and all that have been seized therewith must stand before the throne of God, and be ajudged according to their works, from whence they must go into the place prepared for them, even a blake of fire and brimstone, which is endless torment.

24 Therefore, wo be unto him that is at aease in Zion!

25 Wo be unto him that crieth: All is well!

26 Yea, wo be unto him that ahearkeneth unto the precepts of men, and denieth the power of God, and the gift of the Holy Ghost!

27 Yea, wo be unto him that saith: We have received, and we aneed no more!

28 And in fine, wo unto all those who tremble, and are aangry because of bthe truth of God! For behold, he that is built upon the crock dreceiveth it with gladness; and he that is built upon a sandy foundation trembleth lest he shall fall.

29 Wo be unto him that shall say: We have received the word of God, and we aneed bno more of the word of God, for we have enough!

30 For behold, thus saith the Lord God: I will give unto the children of men line upon line, aprecept upon precept, here a little and there a little; and blessed are those who hearken unto my precepts, and lend an ear unto my counsel, for they shall learn bwisdom; for unto him that creceiveth I will give dmore; and from them that shall say, We have enough, from them shall be taken away even that which they have.

31 Cursed is he that putteth his atrust in man, or maketh flesh his arm, or shall hearken unto the bprecepts of men, save their precepts shall be given by the power of the Holy Ghost.

32 aWo be unto the Gentiles, saith the Lord God of Hosts! For notwithstanding I shall lengthen out mine arm unto them from day to day, they will deny me; nevertheless, I will be merciful unto them, saith the Lord God, if they will repent and bcome unto me; for mine carm is lengthened out all the day long, saith the Lord God of Hosts."
2 Nephi 28

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
Livingston County, MI, US
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Measure the Readability of Text - Text Analysis Tools - Unique readability tools to improve your writing! App.readable.com

On this one above the grade level is 3 to 13. Scroll down and you will see the range. And on the bottom right the BOM does not do well.

Text Readability Consensus Calculator

Purpose: Our Text Readability Consensus Calculator uses 7 popular readability formulas to calculate the average grade level, reading age, and text difficulty of your sample text.

Your Results:

Your text: 1 And now, behold, my brethren, I have spoken unto ...(show all text)

Flesch Reading Ease score: 58.5 (text scale)
Flesch Reading Ease scored your text: fairly difficult to read.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Gunning Fog: 17.5 (text scale)
Gunning Fog scored your text: difficult to read.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 14.9
Grade level: College.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The Coleman-Liau Index: 6
Grade level: Sixth Grade
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The SMOG Index: 7.7
Grade level: Eighth grade
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Automated Readability Index: 17.3
Grade level: College graduate
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Linsear Write Formula : 21.5
Grade level: College Graduate and above.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Readability Consensus
Based on (7) readability formulas, we have scored your text:

Grade Level: 14
Reading Level: fairly difficult to read.
Reader's Age: 21-22 yrs. old (college level)

https://readabilityformulas.com/freetests/six-readability-formulas.php
Tests Document Readability

Did not have time to do
Readable | Free Readability Test Tool

Do to the wide ranges, I can only wonder how many human authors were involved.

Upvote 0

Hrairoo

Prayerfully Searching
Aug 30, 2020
New York
✟14,563.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Well, if we go by the theory presented by Chris Johnson and Duane Johnson, then a book that lines up with the unique phrases in the Book of Mormon is The Late War Between the United States and Great Britain. Which is a children's school book.

The Book of Mormon and The Late War

books_rare_4grams.png

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daniel, I got different results, but I didn't have words like cremnant in my copy. In other words I took out the footnote references.

Please post your results

has anyone did grade level research tests on all LDS Scriptures?

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Daniel, I got different results, but I didn't have words like cremnant in my copy. In other words I took out the footnote references.

I am curious, I am doing Ether 3 with and without the footnotes.

The brother of Jared sees the finger of the Lord as He touches sixteen stones—Christ shows His spirit body to the brother of Jared—Those who have a perfect knowledge cannot be kept from within the veil—Interpreters are provided to bring the Jaredite record to light.

1 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared, (now the number of the vessels which had been prepared was eight) went forth unto the amount, which they called the mount bShelem, because of its exceeding height, and did cmolten out of a rock sixteen small stones; and they were white and clear, even as transparent dglass; and he did carry them in his hands upon the top of the mount, and cried again unto the Lord, saying:

2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be aangry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are bunworthy before thee; because of the cfall our dnatures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires.

3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been amerciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these bthings which I have molten out of the rock.

4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all apower, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy bfinger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have clight while we shall cross the sea.

5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which alooks small unto the understanding of men.

6 And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the aLord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his bfinger. And the cveil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared dfell down before the Lord, for he was struck with efear.

7 And the Lord saw that the brother of Jared had fallen to the earth; and the Lord said unto him: Arise, why hast thou fallen?

8 And he saith unto the Lord: I saw the finger of the Lord, and I feared lest he should asmite me; for I knew not that the Lord had flesh and blood.

9 And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me aflesh and blood; and never has man come before me with bsuch exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?

10 And he answered: Nay; Lord, ashow thyself unto me.

11 And the Lord said unto him: aBelievest thou the words which I shall speak?

12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and acanst not lie.

13 And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord ashowed himself unto him, and said: bBecause thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my cpresence; therefore I dshow myself unto you.

14 Behold, I am he who was aprepared from the foundation of the world to bredeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the cFather and the Son. In me shall all mankind have dlife, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my esons and my daughters.

15 And never have I ashowed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man bbelieved in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own cimage? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.

16 Behold, this abody, which ye now bbehold, is the cbody of my dspirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.

17 And now, as I, Moroni, said I could anot make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he bshowed himself unto the Nephites.

18 And he ministered unto him even as he ministered unto the Nephites; and all this, that this man might know that he was God, because of the many great works which the Lord had showed unto him.

19 And because of the aknowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the bveil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had cfaith no longer, for he knew, nothing ddoubting.

20 Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could anot be kept from within the veil; therefore he bsaw Jesus; and he did minister unto him.

21 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world, until the atime cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh; wherefore, ye shall btreasure up the things which ye have seen and heard, and show it to no man.

22 And behold, when ye shall come unto me, ye shall write them and shall seal them up, that no one can interpret them; for ye shall write them in a alanguage that they cannot be read.

23 And behold, these atwo stones will I give unto thee, and ye shall seal them up also with the things which ye shall write.

24 For behold, the alanguage which ye shall write I have confounded; wherefore I will cause in my own due time that these stones shall magnify to the eyes of men these things which ye shall write.

25 And when the Lord had said these words, he ashowed unto the brother of Jared ball the inhabitants of the earth which had been, and also all that would be; and he cwithheld them not from his sight, even unto the ends of the earth.

26 For he had said unto him in times before, that aif he would bbelieve in him that he could show unto him call things—it should be shown unto him; therefore the Lord could not withhold anything from him, for he knew that the Lord could show him all things.

27 And the Lord said unto him: Write these things and aseal them up; and I will show them in mine own due time unto the children of men.

28 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded him that he should seal up the two astones which he had received, and show them not, until the Lord should show them unto the children of bmen.

our Results:

Your text: The brother of Jared sees the finger of the Lord a ...(show all text)

Flesch Reading Ease score: 64.4 (text scale)
Flesch Reading Ease scored your text: standard / average.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Gunning Fog: 15.3 (text scale)
Gunning Fog scored your text: hard to read.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 12.9
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The Coleman-Liau Index: 6
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The SMOG Index: 6.8
Grade level: Seventh Grade
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Automated Readability Index: 14.8
Grade level: College graduate
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Linsear Write Formula : 18.8
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Readability Consensus

Grade Level: 12
Reading Level: standard / average.
Reader's Age: 17-18 yrs. old (Twelfth graders)

Reactions: Hrairoo
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
1 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared, (now the number of the vessels which had been prepared was eight) went forth unto the amount, which they called the mount bShelem, because of its exceeding height, and did molten out of a rock sixteen small stones; and they were white and clear, even as transparent glass; and he did carry them in his hands upon the top of the mount, and cried again unto the Lord, saying:

2 O Lord, thou hast said that we must be encompassed about by the floods. Now behold, O Lord, and do not be angry with thy servant because of his weakness before thee; for we know that thou art holy and dwellest in the heavens, and that we are unworthy before thee; because of the cfall our dnatures have become evil continually; nevertheless, O Lord, thou hast given us a commandment that we must call upon thee, that from thee we may receive according to our desires.

3 Behold, O Lord, thou hast smitten us because of our iniquity, and hast driven us forth, and for these many years we have been in the wilderness; nevertheless, thou hast been merciful unto us. O Lord, look upon me in pity, and turn away thine anger from this thy people, and suffer not that they shall go forth across this raging deep in darkness; but behold these things which I have molten out of the rock.

4 And I know, O Lord, that thou hast all power, and can do whatsoever thou wilt for the benefit of man; therefore touch these stones, O Lord, with thy finger, and prepare them that they may shine forth in darkness; and they shall shine forth unto us in the vessels which we have prepared, that we may have clight while we shall cross the sea.

5 Behold, O Lord, thou canst do this. We know that thou art able to show forth great power, which looks small unto the understanding of men.

6 And it came to pass that when the brother of Jared had said these words, behold, the Lord stretched forth his hand and touched the stones one by one with his finger. And the veil was taken from off the eyes of the brother of Jared, and he saw the finger of the Lord; and it was as the finger of a man, like unto flesh and blood; and the brother of Jared fell down before the Lord, for he was struck with fear.

7 And the Lord saw that the brother of Jared had fallen to the earth; and the Lord said unto him: Arise, why hast thou fallen?

8 And he saith unto the Lord: I saw the finger of the Lord, and I feared lest he should asmite me; for I knew not that the Lord had flesh and blood.

9 And the Lord said unto him: Because of thy faith thou hast seen that I shall take upon me flesh and blood; and never has man come before me with such exceeding faith as thou hast; for were it not so ye could not have seen my finger. Sawest thou more than this?

10 And he answered: Nay; Lord, show thyself unto me.

11 And the Lord said unto him: Believest thou the words which I shall speak?

12 And he answered: Yea, Lord, I know that thou speakest the truth, for thou art a God of truth, and canst not lie.

13 And when he had said these words, behold, the Lord showed himself unto him, and said: Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my cpresence; therefore I show myself unto you.

14 Behold, I am he who was prepared from the foundation of the world to redeem my people. Behold, I am Jesus Christ. I am the Father and the Son. In me shall all mankind have dlife, and that eternally, even they who shall believe on my name; and they shall become my sons and my daughters.

15 And never have I showed myself unto man whom I have created, for never has man believed in me as thou hast. Seest thou that ye are created after mine own cimage? Yea, even all men were created in the beginning after mine own image.

16 Behold, this body, which ye now behold, is the body of my spirit; and man have I created after the body of my spirit; and even as I appear unto thee to be in the spirit will I appear unto my people in the flesh.

17 And now, as I, Moroni, said I could not make a full account of these things which are written, therefore it sufficeth me to say that Jesus showed himself unto this man in the spirit, even after the manner and in the likeness of the same body even as he showed himself unto the Nephites.

18 And he ministered unto him even as he ministered unto the Nephites; and all this, that this man might know that he was God, because of the many great works which the Lord had showed unto him.

19 And because of the knowledge of this man he could not be kept from beholding within the veil; and he saw the finger of Jesus, which, when he saw, he fell with fear; for he knew that it was the finger of the Lord; and he had cfaith no longer, for he knew, nothing doubting.

20 Wherefore, having this perfect knowledge of God, he could anot be kept from within the veil; therefore he saw Jesus; and he did minister unto him.

21 And it came to pass that the Lord said unto the brother of Jared: Behold, thou shalt not suffer these things which ye have seen and heard to go forth unto the world, until the time cometh that I shall glorify my name in the flesh; wherefore, ye shall treasure up the things which ye have seen and heard, and show it to no man.

22 And behold, when ye shall come unto me, ye shall write them and shall seal them up, that no one can interpret them; for ye shall write them in a language that they cannot be read.

23 And behold, these two stones will I give unto thee, and ye shall seal them up also with the things which ye shall write.

24 For behold, the language which ye shall write I have confounded; wherefore I will cause in my own due time that these stones shall magnify to the eyes of men these things which ye shall write.

25 And when the Lord had said these words, he showed unto the brother of Jared ball the inhabitants of the earth which had been, and also all that would be; and he withheld them not from his sight, even unto the ends of the earth.

26 For he had said unto him in times before, that if he would believe in him that he could show unto him call things—it should be shown unto him; therefore the Lord could not withhold anything from him, for he knew that the Lord could show him all things.

27 And the Lord said unto him: Write these things and seal them up; and I will show them in mine own due time unto the children of men.

28 And it came to pass that the Lord commanded him that he should seal up the two stones which he had received, and show them not, until the Lord should show them unto the children of men.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Your Results:

Your text: 1 And it came to pass that the brother of Jared, ( ...(show all text)

Flesch Reading Ease score: 66.9 (text scale)
Flesch Reading Ease scored your text: standard / average.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Gunning Fog: 15 (text scale)
Gunning Fog scored your text: hard to read.
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 12.5
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The Coleman-Liau Index: 5
Grade level: Fifth Grade
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

The SMOG Index: 6.3
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Automated Readability Index: 14.3
Grade level: 21-22 yrs. old (college level)
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Linsear Write Formula : 18.4
[ f ] | [ a ] | [ r ]

Readability Consensus

Grade Level: 11
Reading Level: standard / average.
Reader's Age: 15-17 yrs. old (Tenth to Eleventh graders)

https://readabilityformulas.com/freetests/six-readability-formulas.php

As you can see without the tags at best the overall reading level is 11th grade.

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Book of Mormon issue 9: Similarities with The Late War Between The United States and Great Britain

Resolved
Questions:

• Why are there so many similarities in the Book of Mormon to the The Late War Between the United States and Great Britain which was published earlier in the same area of the United States?

• Is this is all just a coincidence?

• Does the cumulative force of the similarities challenge the LDS Church claims of the origin of the Book of Mormon?
Content of claim:

The Late War Between the United States and Great Britain

The Late War Between the United States and Great Britain: This was an 1819 textbook written in King James Version style language for New York state school children, one of them very likely being Joseph Smith. The first chapter alone is stunning as it reads incredibly like the Book of Mormon:

1. Now it came to pass, in the one thousand eight hundred and twelfth year of the christian era, and in the thirty and sixth year after the people of the provinces of Columbia had declared themselves a free and independent nation;

2. That in the sixth month of the same year, on the first day of the month, the chief Governor, whom the people had chosen to rule over the land of Columbia;

3. Even James, whose sir-name was Madison, delivered a written paper to the Great Sannhedrim of the people, who were assembled together.

4. And the name of the city where the people were gathered together was called after the name of the chief captain of the land of Columbia, whose fame extendeth to the uttermost parts of the earth; albeit, he had slept with his fathers…
Along with the above KJV language style presence throughout the book, what are the following Book of Mormon phrases, verbatim, themes, and storylines doing in a children’s school textbook that was used in Joseph Smith’s own time and backyard? A mere decade before the publication of the Book of Mormon?

• Devices of “curious workmanship” in relation to boats and weapons.

• A “stripling” soldier “with his “weapon of war in his hand.”

• “A certain chief captain…was given in trust a band of more than two thousand chosen men, to go forth to battle” and who “all gave their services freely for the good of their country.”

• Fortifications: “the people began to fortify themselves and entrench the high Places round about the city.”

• Objects made “partly of brass and partly of iron, and were cunningly contrived with curious works, like unto a clock; and as it were a large ball.”

• “Their polished steels of fine workmanship.”

• “Nevertheless, it was so that the freeman came to the defence of the city, built strong holds and forts and raised up fortifications in abundance.”

• Three Indian Prophets.

• “Rod of iron.”

• War between the wicked and righteous.

• Maintaining the standard of liberty with righteousness.

• Righteous Indians vs. savage Indians.

• False Indian prophets.

• Conversion of Indians.

• Bands of robbers/pirates marauding the righteous protagonists.

• Brass plates.

• “And it came to pass, that a great multitude flocked to the banners of the great Sanhedrin” compared to Alma 62:5: “And it came to pass that thousands did flock unto his standard, and did take up their swords in defense of their freedom…”

• Worthiness of Christopher Columbus.

• Ships crossing the ocean.

• A battle at a fort where righteous white protagonists are attacked by an army made up of dark-skinned natives driven by a white military leader. White protagonists are prepared for battle and slaughter their opponents to such an extent that they fill the trenches surrounding the fort with dead bodies. The surviving elements flee into the wilderness/forest.

• Cataclysmic earthquake followed by great darkness.

• Elephants/mammoths in America.

• Literary Hebraisms/Chiasmus.

• Boats and barges built from trees after the fashion of the ark.

• A bunch of “it came to pass”

• Many, many more parallels.
The staggering parallels and similarities to the Book of Mormon are astounding. This outstanding web page outlines very clearly and simply just how devastating the Late War is to the Book of Mormon and its claims.

Rick Grunder states in his paper:

“The presence of Hebraisms and other striking parallels in a popular children’s textbook (Late War), on the other hand – so close to Joseph Smith in his youth – must sober our perspective.” – p.770
Measure the Readability of Text - Text Analysis Tools - Unique readability tools to improve your writing! App.readable.com

Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Please post your results

has anyone did grade level research tests on all LDS Scriptures?
It is interesting that 5% of the words were not recognized. This test might not be geared to the King's English. Has anyone used passages from the Bible on this test?

Readability Grade Levels
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 8.2
Gunning Fog Index 10.7
Readability Scores
Flesch Reading Ease 76.5
Text Statistics
Word Count 1,243
Sentence Count 36
Paragraph Count 33
Language Issues
Spelling Issues 29 2%
Grammar Issues 4 11%
Readability Issues
Sentences > 30 Syllables 27 75%
Words > 12 Letters 1 0%
Writing Style Issues
Adverb Count 32 3%
Cliché Count 0 0%
Writing Style Issues
Passive Voice Count 22 4%
Adverb Count 32 3%
Cliché Count 0 0%
Text Density Issues
Characters per Word 4.0
Syllables per Word 1.3
Words per Sentence 34.5

Raygor Readability n/a
Fry Readability 9
Readability Scores
Readable Rating E
Flesch Reading Ease 76.5
CEFR Level C2
IELTS Level 8+
Spache Score 6.8
New Dale-Chall Score 4.7
Lix Readability 45
Lensear Write 78.5
Words per Paragraph 37.7
Sentences per Paragraph 1.1
Text Statistics
Character Count 5,016
Syllable Count 1,578
Word Count 1,243
Unique Word Count 340
Sentence Count 36
Paragraph Count 33
Timings
Reading Time 5:31
Speaking Time 9:56
Text Composition
Adjectives 55 4%
Adverbs 29 2%
Conjunctions 164 13%
Determiners 170 14%
Interjections 1 0%
Nouns 271 22%
Proper Nouns 32 3%
Prepositions 161 13%
Pronouns 137 11%
Qualifiers 7 1%
Verbs 245 20%
Unrecognised 5 0%
Non-Words 0 0%

Upvote 0

Daniel Marsh

Jun 28, 2015
✟200,466.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
It is interesting that 5% of the words were not recognized. This test might not be geared to the King's English. Has anyone used passages from the Bible on this test?

Readability Grade Levels
Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level 8.2
Gunning Fog Index 10.7
Readability Scores
Flesch Reading Ease 76.5
Text Statistics
Word Count 1,243
Sentence Count 36
Paragraph Count 33
Language Issues
Spelling Issues 29 2%
Grammar Issues 4 11%
Readability Issues
Sentences > 30 Syllables 27 75%
Words > 12 Letters 1 0%
Writing Style Issues
Adverb Count 32 3%
Cliché Count 0 0%
Writing Style Issues
Passive Voice Count 22 4%
Adverb Count 32 3%
Cliché Count 0 0%
Text Density Issues
Characters per Word 4.0
Syllables per Word 1.3
Words per Sentence 34.5

Raygor Readability n/a
Fry Readability 9
Readability Scores
Readable Rating E
Flesch Reading Ease 76.5
CEFR Level C2
IELTS Level 8+
Spache Score 6.8
New Dale-Chall Score 4.7
Lix Readability 45
Lensear Write 78.5
Words per Paragraph 37.7
Sentences per Paragraph 1.1
Text Statistics
Character Count 5,016
Syllable Count 1,578
Word Count 1,243
Unique Word Count 340
Sentence Count 36
Paragraph Count 33
Timings
Reading Time 5:31
Speaking Time 9:56
Text Composition
Adjectives 55 4%
Adverbs 29 2%
Conjunctions 164 13%
Determiners 170 14%
Interjections 1 0%
Nouns 271 22%
Proper Nouns 32 3%
Prepositions 161 13%
Pronouns 137 11%
Qualifiers 7 1%
Verbs 245 20%
Unrecognised 5 0%
Non-Words 0 0%

Results here: Bible Translation Reading Levels - Christianbook.com

KJB 12th Grade. King James Only People claim Post Grad Level. I never found out why they claim that.

Upvote 0