Farmington
✟31,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
2 Peter 1:1-11. Verse 9, He hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
"Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:
Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,
According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
But he that lacketh these things is blind, and cannot see afar off, and hath forgotten that he was purged from his old sins.
Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:
For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ."

Romans 3:25,
"Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;"
Faith in His blood to declare His righteousness for the remission of sins that are past. Twice now it is written that this purging is of prior sins, ald sins, past sins.

1 Corinthians 6:9-11,
"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,
Nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners, shall inherit the kingdom of God.
And such were some of you: but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God."

Verse 11, and such WERE some of you - not "are". Oh, but today we have the Christian drunkard, and drug addict, and fornicator, and adulterer, and all manner of sin and sinner with a Christian name hastily slapped on it like some cute little sticker you get in a store and put on your kid. That is not Christianity; is not what Jesus taught, or any of the apostles taught. It is devilish false religion.

Make a break with sin or sin will break you, for the wages of sin is death. Look at 1 Corinthians 5:11,
"But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat."
Yet today we cozy up to people and by our silence and "acceptance" and tolerance, we condemn them, and draw down judgment upon ourselves, for Ezekiel 33:8 says if you fail to warn the wicked, the wicked's blood shall be required at your hand. Ouch! Stings and smarts, doesn't it? It's not what we want to hear today, but it's Bible and it's truth!

Look over one chapter at Ezekiel 34:2-11. Is that too much Scripture to read? Before we read Ezekiel let's read Nehemiah 8:1-8,
"And all the people gathered themselves together as one man into the street that was before the water gate; and they spake unto Ezra the scribe to bring the book of the law of Moses, which the Lord had commanded to Israel.
And Ezra the priest brought the law before the congregation both of men and women, and all that could hear with understanding, upon the first day of the seventh month.
And he read therein before the street that was before the water gate from the morning until midday, before the men and the women, and those that could understand; and the ears of all the people were attentive unto the book of the law.
And Ezra the scribe stood upon a pulpit of wood, which they had made for the purpose; and beside him stood Mattithiah, and Shema, and Anaiah, and Urijah, and Hilkiah, and Maaseiah, on his right hand; and on his left hand, Pedaiah, and Mishael, and Malchiah, and Hashum, and Hashbadana, Zechariah, and Meshullam.
And Ezra opened the book in the sight of all the people; (for he was above all the people;) and when he opened it, all the people stood up:
And Ezra blessed the Lord, the great God. And all the people answered, Amen, Amen, with lifting up their hands: and they bowed their heads, and worshipped the Lord with their faces to the ground.
Also Jeshua, and Bani, and Sherebiah, Jamin, Akkub, Shabbethai, Hodijah, Maaseiah, Kelita, Azariah, Jozabad, Hanan, Pelaiah, and the Levites, caused the people to understand the law: and the people stood in their place.
So they read in the book in the law of God distinctly, and gave the sense, and caused them to understand the reading."

That's literally "from the light" where it says morning, so the people heard the Word read for approximately 6 hours. In todays churches a lot of folk want to hear a few verses and some quick preaching and be done with it! Sad, just sad.
Now here is Ezekiel 34:
"Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel, prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?
Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
The diseased have ye not strengthened, neither have ye healed that which was sick, neither have ye bound up that which was broken, neither have ye brought again that which was driven away, neither have ye sought that which was lost; but with force and with cruelty have ye ruled them.
And they were scattered, because there is no shepherd: and they became meat to all the beasts of the field, when they were scattered.
My sheep wandered through all the mountains, and upon every high hill: yea, my flock was scattered upon all the face of the earth, and none did search or seek after them.
Therefore, ye shepherds, hear the word of the Lord;
As I live, saith the Lord GOD, surely because my flock became a prey, and my flock became meat to every beast of the field, because there was no shepherd, neither did my shepherds search for my flock, but the shepherds fed themselves, and fed not my flock;
Therefore, O ye shepherds, hear the word of the LORD;
Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I am against the shepherds; and I will require my flock at their hand, and cause them to cease from feeding the flock; neither shall the shepherds feed themselves any more; for I will deliver my flock from their mouth, that they may not be meat for them.
For thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I, even I, will both search my sheep, and seek them out."

This is what's happening today cuz way too many pastors, who are the shepherds, are just letting their flocks wander and scatter, and in some cases condoning the wanderings and scatterings, and Romans 1:32
And those who are refusing to judge among the sheep and allowing abominations, and even partaking in them themselves, how shall they escape the damnation of hell?

They feel confident in their sins, and call evil good, and good evil: they declare their sin as Sodom, while they name the Lord and mix up His holy name with other junk, trash, garbage, sewage, that reeks of new age and witchcraft, with their smiling platitudes and ungodly ways. They enlarge hell by those they send to hell, and are full of hell themselves, and children of it, and destined for it except they repent: dead things masquerading as ministers of Christ, and did not Paul warn of such false prophets?
Galatians 1:6-9,
"I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel:
Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
As we said before, so say I now again, if any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed."

2 Corinthians 11:13-15,
"For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.
And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of light.
Therefore it is no great thing if his ministers also be transformed as the ministers of righteousness; whose end shall be according to their works."

And Peter, 2 Peter 2:1-3 & 13,
"But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not....
And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;"

Contrast now Psalm 45:11 & 13,
"So shall the king greatly desire thy beauty: for he is thy Lord; and worship thou him.,
The king's daughter is all glorious within: her clothing is of wrought gold."

The king's daughter is all glorious within, and arrayed in gold apparel: this is the description of the true child of God: glorious within and shining gold without; not the gold of money, or worldly prosperity, but the gold of fine fruit and gifts of the Spirit, "A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver. As an earring of gold, and an ornament of fine gold, so is a wise reprover upon an obedient ear." (Proverbs 25:11-12)

These things speak of purity within and without. "Create in me a clean heart O God and renew a right Spirit within me" as Psalm 51 declares. Let my works be those meet for repentance, and my steps carefully trod. Let me watch my steps, that I walk not on slippery places, for those who do, their foot shall slide in due time. Let my eyes look straight forward and my ears not hear profane things or any wicked word or song, and in this shall there be gloriousness within and gold garments without, shining so that they are white gold, as the righteousness of the saints, which comes of the gift of righteousness imparted by Christ and His righteousness.

Daniel 12:3,
"And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever."

"And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him." (Malachi 3:17)

"Thou shalt also be a crown of glory in the hand of the LORD, and a royal diadem in the hand of thy God." (Isaiah 62:3)

"And when the chief Shepherd shall appear, ye shall receive a crown of glory that fadeth not away." (1 Peter 5:4)

HalleluYah! Praise be to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords to whom all glory belongs!

Amen & Amen.