Arizona
✟15,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Homosexuality and sexual immorality are equal. A sin is a sin in Gods eyes. We a people in society have a rating system of wrong and right. Like stealing a candy bar is punished less then rape. In Gods eyes they are both sin and wrong. You must repent from your whole heart for forgiveness for your actions.

Upvote 0

Where

Mar 8, 2004
✟15,948.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Positionallly no...there are no sins that are "worse" than others because like others have said a "sin is a sin". Now in terms of consequences, some sins are worse than others. Murder has more of a consequence on everyone involved than say, lying.

The problem is that many people don't seem to think homosexual actions are sins at all...that is incorrect.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

seashale76

Unapologetic Iconodule
Dec 29, 2004
✟176,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Melkite Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'd love to know others thoughts about this.

Is homosexuality a "worse" sin than any other sexually immoral sin?

If you believe it is-why?

No. It's listed in scripture with a whole group of sins, some not even related to sex. Sin means 'missing the mark'. The mark is living a life in Christ and becoming Christ like. Sin is anything that separates a person from God. Anytime a person chooses to do their own thing over denying themself and carrying their cross and dying to self, then they are sinning. We all sin, but luckily, God is merciful and we have opportunities within the Church (our saving ark and hospital for sinners) to turn from our sin and take the medicine of immortality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe in sin. To me, something is immoral if it harms others, so the more harm that is caused, the worse the thing is (I guess this makes me a Benthamite). Consensual homosexual relationships between adults harm no-one, so they cannot be immoral.

I don't understand how the God of the Bible decides what is good and what is bad. There seems to be no consistency. Killing is bad (10 commandments) but genocide is good (book of Joshua).

I suspect that whatever they may proclaim, many Christians do believe that homosexuality is a particularly bad sin. For example, nowhere do I see any denouncements of people who remarry after a no-fault divorce, yet Matthew 19:9 makes it clear that this is a sin.

Upvote 0

Andreusz

Aug 10, 2008
South Africa
✟9,551.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Positionallly no...there are no sins that are "worse" than others because like others have said a "sin is a sin". Now in terms of consequences, some sins are worse than others. Murder has more of a consequence on everyone involved than say, lying.

The problem is that many people don't seem to think homosexual actions are sins at all...that is incorrect.

Homosexual actions between consenting adults have no consequences at all, except that they make the participants happy. So why does God regard them as sinful?

Upvote 0

KCKID

Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Where said:

Homosexual actions between consenting adults have no consequences at all, except that they make the participants happy. So why does God regard them as sinful?

This is a fair question. I too require a satisfactory answer to this question. Just WHAT is it about homosexuality that apparently irks God so much? If we knew WHY it's supposed to be such a grave sin then we could have something of substance with which to debate the issue. Consistently bleating the words, "Because God says that it's an abomination' just doesn't cut it for me.

Upvote 0
B

BigBadWlf

Sin is Sin, there is no scale or rating system. That is what the word of God says. No sin is better or worse than another regardless of societies views on which is better or worse.
Yet there are innumerable sins that modern society ignores or tries to explain away

Sins such as:
eating shellfish
Wearing clothing made of mixed fabrics
Allowing people wearing glasses to attend church
Allowing the physically handicapped to attend church
Refusing to rape your widowed sister in law
Cutting ones hair
Shaving
Wearing wedding rings

If, as you claim, all sins are sins, why are some sins not sins at all?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yet there are innumerable sins that modern society ignores or tries to explain away

Sins such as:
eating shellfish
Wearing clothing made of mixed fabrics
Allowing people wearing glasses to attend church
Allowing the physically handicapped to attend church
Refusing to rape your widowed sister in law
Cutting ones hair
Shaving
Wearing wedding rings

If, as you claim, all sins are sins, why are some sins not sins at all?

I thought you claimed to be a Christian but it appears you are a practitioner of some form of Judaism. Thanks for clearing that up.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought you claimed to be a Christian but it appears you are a practitioner of some form of Judaism. Thanks for clearing that up.

...you got that from BigBadWlf's post? Could you point out where that was said? :scratch:
tulc(must need more coffee, because he didn't see it) :sorry:

Upvote 0

Brennin

Wielder of the Holy Cudgel of Faith
Aug 2, 2005
California
Visit site
✟10,548.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
...you got that from BigBadWlf's post? Could you point out where that was said? :scratch:
tulc(must need more coffee, because he didn't see it) :sorry:

Christians know the proscription against homoeroticism was reaffirmed in the NT. By way of contrast, the proscription against shellfish was not.

Upvote 0

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,590.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Christians know the proscription against homoeroticism was reaffirmed in the NT. By way of contrast, the proscription against shellfish was not.

You do know that doesn't answer my question, right? :sorry:
Anyway...a Law is only in effect if it's mentioned in the New Testament? :scratch: Where does the Bible say that? :confused:
tulc(does appreciate that you answered) :)

Upvote 0

EvangelicalChristian

What is your confession?
Aug 31, 2008
✟15,848.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'd love to know others thoughts about this.

Is homosexuality a "worse" sin than any other sexually immoral sin?

If you believe it is-why?

According to Paul if you've broken any of the law you have broken the whole of the law.

Homosexual sex is no more a sin than any I have ever committed. But it is also
no less.

Having a homosexual orientation is not a sin at all.

Upvote 0