Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
yesterday i smelt smoke in the air, (and in the shopping centre too). Some people said it was backburning (sorry for not watching the news yesterday!)

i hope this summer won't be like the last one. oh yeah, and there was a bit of rain in the morning, like 2 min shower...

jono1

Smart Simplicity
Oct 5, 2003
canberra
Visit site
✟557.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Liberals
Blessed-one said:
awwww.. :( it was a pretty big one at Sydney too..
arr, bushfire is bad! i don't understand why people liked arson.

yeah well i don't mean to brush you off or anything, i know you get bad bushfires in sydney, but you get them a lot.
canberra hasn't had a major one in decades. so it was kind of a shock. it was also a big shock for me because on january 18 i was on the way back from this christian youth camp i was on...the cops wouldn't let us back into canberra cos of the fires...we spent the night of the floor of a church in cooma. it was quite distressing....

Buskanaka said:
i personally wish it was spring the whole year!
agreed:D spring is the best...except for allergy sufferers of course...

Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
jono1 said:
yeah well i don't mean to brush you off or anything, i know you get bad bushfires in sydney, but you get them a lot.
canberra hasn't had a major one in decades. so it was kind of a shock. it was also a big shock for me because on january 18 i was on the way back from this christian youth camp i was on...the cops wouldn't let us back into canberra cos of the fires...we spent the night of the floor of a church in cooma. it was quite distressing....
done taken. :)
wow, lucky you went to the youth camp!

agreed:D spring is the best...except for allergy sufferers of course...
that would be me.... *sniff* always get a bad nose running at this time of year.

its funny how in winter everyone wants it to be summer, and in summer everyone wants it to be winter. i personally wish it was spring the whole year!
for me, Buskanaka, i like autumn the best. No summer! winter's all right too.. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mamaneenie

Oct 30, 2003
Australia
✟18,646.00
Faith
Christian
Yes, I was in Canberra too, in the bushfire season. I have an almost 2 year old boy (at the time of the fires he was 13mths) I was really worried about evacuation if we had to be evacuated with a small child. It was a scary time for our family.

Our house wasn't lost, but my husbands best mates was. Also our church was burned down and the homes of 10 families in the church.

Also my BIL was fighting in the fires as well.

We have moved to another part of Canberra which wasn't affected by the fires last year, we have got pine forests practically in the backyard. I am thankful we are getting this rain so things won't be so dry , and I am praying every day that this summer will not be as bad as last.

Upvote 0

jesusrocksmyworld

God ain't done w/ me yet!
Jul 9, 2003
SLC, Utah
Visit site
✟530.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does Currumbin (sp?) area ever get fires? I'm wondering how the animals at the sanctuary are doing.

Last I heard, the California fire death total was 24. Weird how all the fires started within a one-week time; only one suspected arson so far. This has left countless (to me) Americans homeless. Please pray for them! :prayer:

16_4_39.gif
3_2_18.gif
16_4_39.gif

Upvote 0

-=Burnt Toast=-

Got Stairs?
Jul 25, 2003
A Cardboard Box
✟1,165.00
Faith
Christian
Yeah, somehow i think that it might be SA's turn with the fires this yeah, hope not though. We really havent had a bad one since Ash Wednesday. But i assume we'll be making our yearly pilgramidge over to NSW to fight your fires... :D

on a side note, any other firies? Volunteer or otherwise?

Upvote 0