Russian Successes Admitted by Ukraine Mil.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
“Ongoing defensive fighting.” “Significantly worsened.” Russian “tactical success.”

The rest of the world wants the Ukraine war to go away. Putin has other ideas

CNN —
The changing language used by the Ukrainian military in 72 hours of daily updates tells the story: “Ongoing defensive fighting.” “Significantly worsened.” Russian “tactical success.”

You rarely ever hear Kyiv’s top brass sounding downbeat, but their steep southerly trajectory reflects the grave place Ukraine finds itself in. Russia is not just advancing slowly in one place; it appears to be advancing in four, across the frontline.

Moscow knows it is on the clock: in about a month, the $61billion of US military aid will start to translate into Ukraine having the weapons it has been begging for. So, Russian President Vladimir Putin seems to be throwing whatever he can at it, knowing the fight will likely only get tougher for his forces in the summer ahead.

First, and most acutely troubling, is the northern border near Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second city. Russian forces have crossed the border in multiple locations and claim to have seized nine villages. Their move 3 to 4.5 miles (5 to 7 kilometers) into Ukraine, in the border area above Ukraine’s second city of Kharkiv, is arguably their fastest advance since the first days of the war. Russia has thrown five battalions at the border town of Vovchansk, Ukrainian officials said, which has been hit hard by airstrikes over the weekend.

The town of Lyptsi is at risk, say some military bloggers, and from there Russian forces could hit Kharkiv with artillery. This is a nightmare for Kyiv for two reasons: firstly, they liberated this land from Russian forces 18 months ago, yet failed, clearly, to fortify the area enough to prevent Moscow sweeping back with the ease with which they were swept out.

And secondly, Russia can again tie up Ukraine’s over-stretched army with constant and grinding pressure on Kharkiv, exacting a toll with crude shelling on a vast urban center.

Then there is the rest of the front, where progress in Kharkiv region has been mirrored by old, exhausting fights suddenly seeing new Russian success. This should be the greatest cause for concern to Kyiv, as it suggests a coordinated bid to push in all directions and leave Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky with ugly choices about where to send limited resources, and where ultimately to sacrifice.

Moving slowly south from Kharkiv, closer to Bakhmut, the town of Chasiv Yar has been under intense pressure – a valuable height above two key Ukrainian military towns, Kramatorsk and Sloviansk, which could prove an exhaustive pressure point over the summer on Kyiv’s supply lines. Netailove and Krasnohorivka slightly further south show Russian forces making further gains to the west of Avdiivka, and threatening another key hub – Pokrovsk. If Ukraine begins to fall back further here, its grip on the remnants of Donetsk region could be at risk.

And then overnight, Deep State Map, a Ukrainian military analysis group, said the southern village of Verbove was under greater threat – one of the minimal gains from Kyiv’s stymied summer counteroffensive last year. All across the board, the news is bad: it is a growing calamity.

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Oh look, another pro Russian thread.

Just stating facts.
And the Ukrainians are weary.

Here our Secretary of State goes to boost moral and sings western devil music!

"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken sought Tuesday to rally the spirits of glum Ukrainians facing a fierce new Russian offensive, assuring them during a visit to Kyiv that they are not alone and that billions of dollars in American military aid on its way after months of political delays will make a “real difference” on the battlefield.

After a day of meetings with senior officials, civil society figures and university students when he exhorted them against being discouraged, Blinken took to the stage at a bar in Ukraine’s capital to play rhythm guitar and sing with a local band on Neil Young’s 1989 hit “Rockin’ in the Free World.”

The performance, and a series of sunny comments from Blinken about Ukraine’s battlefield prospects, was a startling juxtaposition to what analysts have called one of the most dangerous moments for Ukraine since Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022. Russian forces have taken swaths of territory along Ukraine’s northeast border, and thousands of civilians in the Kharkiv region have fled the increasingly intense attacks."

But Blinken told Ukrainian leaders during his unannounced visit to Kyiv that despite a lengthy delay in U.S. military aid that left them vulnerable to these renewed Russian military strikes, more weaponry is coming and some has already arrived.

He made the case even as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to him personally for more air defense systems to protect civilians under intense Russian fire in the northeast. Blinken, on fourth trip to Kyiv since the war began, also lambasted Russian President Vladimir Putin for underestimating Ukraine’s determination to fight back.

And for what it's worth, Putin did underestimate the Ukrainian response. But on the other hand I remember some in the West saying Putin was just bluffing by amassing troops on the border and wouldn't really invade. So some underestimated Russia's resolve to invade also.

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Just stating facts.
Sure, there are so many facts to be stated that no person has enough time to create threads on all the facts in the world. So we prioritise on topics that are dear to our hearts.
For you it seems to be pro Jesus and pro Putin

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Sure, there are so many facts to be stated that no person has enough time to create threads on all the facts in the world. So we prioritise on topics that are dear to our hearts.
For you it seems to be pro Jesus and pro Putin

Definitely pro Jesus 100%.
As for Putin, many things I disagree with him on, especially certain persecutions of Christian believers in Russia. I agree with his morality in regards to pro family, but hope & pray that he would realize that true Christianity is also pro family and would actually help his nation remain such.
Remind me to send him a note in that regard.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Definitely pro Jesus 100%.
As for Putin, many things I disagree with him on, especially certain persecutions of Christian believers in Russia. I agree with his morality in regards to pro family, but hope & pray that he would realize that true Christianity is also pro family and would actually help his nation remain such.
Remind me to send him a note in that regard.
You have personal correspondance with him?

Does he pay you for spreading pro Russian propoganda on the internet?

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
You have personal correspondance with him?

Does he pay you for spreading pro Russian propoganda on the internet?

Nyet. I was sort of joking? I am actually pro peace, and would hope and pray all turn to Jesus for salvation. But I also know there are some who will not be saved. This is a very sad thing. A day will come when there will be no war, because Christ will put an end to it.
How many would be alive today and living in relative peace had Ukraine sought terms of surrender, or some compromise, but they have not, and relied on the West, as an expectation. Had they the means to defend and drive Russia out, hey, go for it. But from the start they did not, and even with the West so called "help" they did very little and the trickle of assistance ended up killing many more thousands of both Ukrainians and Russians.
Victory at all cost is not always the wisest thing, and Zelenskiy seems to be bent on that mind set.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nyet. I was sort of joking? I am actually pro peace, and would hope and pray all turn to Jesus for salvation.
What if they don't? What if they choose to be Muslims, or Hindu or Jewish or Atheist?
Surely they can have piece regardless of religion.
How many would be alive today and living in relative peace had Ukraine sought terms of surrender, or some compromise,
LOL, so it's Ukraine's fault. LOL.
When Putin comes a shootin, peep's should just give up their countries. LOL otherwise it is their fault there is a war.
Right. Yah for poo tin. Boohoo for those"warmongers" that stand in his way rather than immediately surrendering and giving him all he wants.

and even with the West so called "help" they did very little and the trickle of assistance ended up killing many more thousands of both Ukrainians and Russians.
It was going really well for the Ukraine resistance, upto when the Republicans decided to withhold all aid.
Now the Russians are finding that Ukrainians are being stingy with their use of ammo.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
For my reply tonight I will use my kinder, gentler, machine-gun hand...
Just stating facts.
And the Ukrainians are weary.

Here our Secretary of State goes to boost moral and sings western devil music!
Don't feel like satan, but I am to them.
"KYIV, Ukraine (AP) — U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken sought Tuesday to rally the spirits of glum Ukrainians facing a fierce new Russian offensive, assuring them during a visit to Kyiv that they are not alone and that billions of dollars in American military aid on its way after months of political delays will make a “real difference” on the battlefield.

After a day of meetings with senior officials, civil society figures and university students when he exhorted them against being discouraged, Blinken took to the stage at a bar in Ukraine’s capital to play rhythm guitar and sing with a local band on Neil Young’s 1989 hit “Rockin’ in the Free World.”
I'm also available for these gigs.
The performance, and a series of sunny comments from Blinken about Ukraine’s battlefield prospects, was a startling juxtaposition to what analysts have called one of the most dangerous moments for Ukraine since Russia’s full-scale invasion in February 2022. Russian forces have taken swaths of territory along Ukraine’s northeast border, and thousands of civilians in the Kharkiv region have fled the increasingly intense attacks."
This is all happening in the buffer zone along the border. There is 5-10 km between the border and the primary defensive lines. (The Russians have a similar defense line to prevent a Ukrainian invasion and it is also several km back from the border. The fighting has been in the buffer zone and Ukraine has stabilized the Russian position.
But Blinken told Ukrainian leaders during his unannounced visit to Kyiv that despite a lengthy delay in U.S. military aid that left them vulnerable to these renewed Russian military strikes, more weaponry is coming and some has already arrived.
Thanks a lot Mike J.
He made the case even as Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to him personally for more air defense systems to protect civilians under intense Russian fire in the northeast. Blinken, on fourth trip to Kyiv since the war began, also lambasted Russian President Vladimir Putin for underestimating Ukraine’s determination to fight back.
And for what it's worth,
That's Stephen Stills, not Neil Young. (Neil plays the ringing harmonics in the iconic intro, though.)
Putin did underestimate the Ukrainian response. But on the other hand I remember some in the West saying Putin was just bluffing by amassing troops on the border and wouldn't really invade. So some underestimated Russia's resolve to invade also.

On to the next post, I've got fuel to burn, roads to drive.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Nyet. I was sort of joking? I am actually pro peace, and would hope and pray all turn to Jesus for salvation. But I also know there are some who will not be saved. This is a very sad thing. A day will come when there will be no war, because Christ will put an end to it.
Until then we'll have to deal with imperialist bullies like Putin.
How many would be alive today and living in relative peace had Ukraine sought terms of surrender, or some compromise, but they have not, and relied on the West, as an expectation.
Fewer probably. Surrender to putin would not bring peace to the people of Ukraine, but instead repression.
Had they the means to defend and drive Russia out, hey, go for it. But from the start they did not,
Again, this is false. Russia got beat in many key battles in the first weeks of the war. Most notably at the Kyiv airport. Then about 2 months in, they pushed the Russians back from Kyiv, Mykoliav, and the Kharkiv region. This was before any notable amount of Western aid arrived.
and even with the West so called "help" they did very little and the trickle of assistance ended up killing many more thousands of both Ukrainians and Russians.
The West has provided over $100 B in military aid. It is hardly a "trickle".
Victory at all cost is not always the wisest thing, and Zelenskiy seems to be bent on that mind set.
Losing to Putin is the death of Ukraine and its culture.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Ha! Today doing some work at the Fire station and they gave us some little American flags, which I waved around, and then proceeded to fly them both out the window of the van back to the church!

American flags, not Soviet or Russian!

Not me, but like this with 2 flags...
Screenshot 2024-05-15 1.25.30 PM.png

(No, this is not my cover story! LoL)

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,124.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I feel bad for the Ukranian soldiers who have been failed by the false promises of the USA and their leadership. It was foolish in the extreme to promise Ukraine freedom from Russia's sphere of influence and now we're seeing the possibility of a Ukranian collapse. People need to stop engaging in this magical thinking which suggests Russia will just leave and instead embrace a realpolitik which will lead to a negotiated settlement before Ukraine is completely destroyed as a State.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,124.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Losing to Putin is the death of Ukraine and its culture.
Becoming Western will be the death of Ukraine and it's people as well. This is why neutrality between two powers was the best thing for Ukraine.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,677.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Becoming Western will be the death of Ukraine and it's people as well. This is why neutrality between two powers was the best thing for Ukraine.
I already know that you are a pro-oppression Putinist. Your arguments have no weight with me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,124.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Your fantasies about the destruction of Ukraine by a weak and failed state like Russia need no further replies.
Except Russia isn't weak, either militarily or geopolitically and they've demonstrated that they are a regional power. They aren't perfect but they are making gains which the West does not seem to be able to stop at this moment. We'll see how long it lasts but news on the front for Ukraine is not good.

Still this is not an argument against my initial position. How will becoming a western satellite preserve Ukraine as a country when western policies inevitably undermine national character?

Take in mind I'm not saying Russia will let Ukraine or the parts of Ukraine it controls be fully free but you're arguing that Ukraine can only be preserved by becoming western. My position is that Ukraine would have been best served in that goal by remaining neutral.

Upvote 0

Ignatius the Kiwi

Dissident
Mar 2, 2013
✟295,124.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
No one has ever made that argument.
That's literally what he said.

"Losing to Putin is the death of Ukraine and its culture."

I maintain a western victory would destroy Ukranian culture far more effectively.

Upvote 0