Russian Successes Admitted by Ukraine Mil.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Not trying to win people over to your cause, I see.

--Keep on rockin' in the free world.

I'll keep praising Jesus in the free world, or the not so free world, wherever I go. Yahweh, HalleluYah!

Upvote 0

stevil

Godless and without morals
Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ohhh, oohhhh.
I recognise that phrase
"Don't go to heaven 'cause it's really..."
That's from Dio's "Don't talk to strangers" song.

The whole phrase is "Don't go to heaven 'cause its really only Hell"
What is the meaning of the song?

At its core, “Don’t Talk to Strangers” communicates a message of caution and self-preservation. The song serves as a warning against blindly trusting others, emphasizing the importance of maintaining a certain level of skepticism when encountering unfamiliar individuals. Dio, with his characteristic storytelling prowess, delves into the potential dangers of engaging with strangers and advises listeners to exercise caution in their interactions.

While “Don’t Talk to Strangers” primarily focuses on personal caution, it can also be interpreted as a metaphor for societal issues. The song’s message encourages listeners to be wary of those who may manipulate or deceive them, both on an individual and collective level.

I would have thought a song like this would be terrific in depicting the MAGA people distrust in the establishment, the government, the news, the doctors, the scientists, basically anything that is widely accepted as truth, and instead they scour for and gravitate to alternative views.
BTW the best movie of people avoiding uncomfortable truths would be "Don't look up"

But while the song "Don't talk to strangers" is about skepticism and distrust, it doesn't necessarily suggest people seek out alternative truths.

This is such a beautiful song, sung by one of the very best male singers (Ronnie James Dio)
Here it is. Make up your own mind on whther it is the Devil's music or whether it is simply beautiful.

• Love
Reactions: ximmix
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
@ stevil, I do not listen to such music, and in fact knew the song and recently heard it on someone else's radio, unfortunately. the style of music is still devil music despite the words being Ok.
But in this case how do many young listeners interpret the words, also?

"I'm danger, I'm the stranger
And I, I'm darkness, I'm anger, I'm pain
I, I'm master
The evil song you sing inside your brain
Drive you insane,"

The demons instill that in young folks brains and some end up becoming that. Even though the song is obviously a warning, and may have been intended as such, it has its detrimental effect because it's blended with dark chords and a forceful, convincing and haunting lyricist. They latch on to lyrics such as I posted and then become that and they become the stranger.

Upvote 0

Pommer

CoPacEtiC SkEpTic
Sep 13, 2008
Earth
✟152,097.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
@ stevil, I do not listen to such music, and in fact knew the song and recently heard it on someone else's radio, unfortunately. the style of music is still devil music despite the words being Ok.

I, I'm master
Drive you insane,"

The demons instill that in young folks brains and some end up becoming that. Even though the song is obviously a warning, and may have been intended as such, it has its detrimental effect because it's blended with dark chords and a forceful, convincing and haunting lyricist. They latch on to lyrics such as I posted and then become that and they become the stranger.
“Dark chords”?

On the + side Beethoven’s 9th turns 200 years old this year.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
“Dark chords”?

On the + side Beethoven’s 9th turns 200 years old this year.

Just a random Google search reveals:

The tritone was dubbed the Devil's Chord due to its dissonant and unsettling sound, which was believed to summon the devil in the Middle Ages.

The realm of minor keys is often associated with these eerie qualities, as the minor scale possesses intervals that lend themselves to a more melancholic and haunting sound. Among the minor keys, D minor is known for its brooding nature, evoking a sense of mystery and tension.

It's when we mix harmony with dissonance that things really start to sound devilishly dark. So, for example, throw a minor second (♭2 or ♭9) interval in to a major chord (i.e. moving the octave root up by a semitone) and suddenly that bright and warm major sound gets an injection of tension and darkness.

They even have videos on how to make "evil" music! They admit it. I confess, I listened to the bottom one as it was short, and sounded like he was trying to play something similar to the intro to Ozzys
Diary of a Madman

Screenshot 2024-05-16 5.30.55 PM.png

Compare:

(Have to go to YouTube for that one)

Now I must put on some worship music and cleanse my mind of darkness... and I listened to like 1.666 minutes of guitar only! But this proves it's devil music

And to get this back on topic somewhat, here's How Great Thou Art in English and RUSSIAN! Da?

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I'll keep praising Jesus in the free world, or the not so free world, wherever I go. Yahweh, HalleluYah!

And you can do that because we keep it free by not restricting the rights of others to worship other gods or none at all.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,121.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
And to get this back on topic somewhat . . .
Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city, is under sustained attack today from the air from Russian drones.

I wonder if anybody in Kharkiv is much concerned with whether a musical chord is 'the Devil's music'. I dare say most would prefer any kind of music to the noise of warfare.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Kharkiv, Ukraine's second largest city, is under sustained attack today from the air from Russian drones.

I wonder if anybody in Kharkiv is much concerned with whether a musical chord is 'the Devil's music'. I dare say most would prefer any kind of music to the noise of warfare.

They ARE playing music in Karkiv!

Ukraine war: Kharkiv Opera and Ballet to reopen underground

Singing beneath the streets

The bunker theatre is being prepared beneath the main auditorium, down several flights of stairs.
It has no dress circle, chandeliers or champagne - and a lot of grey concrete. But follow the sound of music and it leads to a raised stage with spotlights and rows of seats.
Most importantly, there's a company of singers, dancers and musicians desperate to perform before a proper audience again.
"We really miss our big hall, the feeling of being on a big stage with lots of people watching," violinist Natalia Babarok explains.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,121.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
They ARE playing music in Karkiv!

Ukraine war: Kharkiv Opera and Ballet to reopen underground

Singing beneath the streets

The bunker theatre is being prepared beneath the main auditorium, down several flights of stairs.
It has no dress circle, chandeliers or champagne - and a lot of grey concrete. But follow the sound of music and it leads to a raised stage with spotlights and rows of seats.
Most importantly, there's a company of singers, dancers and musicians desperate to perform before a proper audience again.
"We really miss our big hall, the feeling of being on a big stage with lots of people watching," violinist Natalia Babarok explains.
And under the bombardment, it is commendably brave.

Nevertheless, the Devil's music, played by the Russian attackers, threatens to put a stop to it.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
@ stevil, I do not listen to such music,
Sure, whether you are interested in Country or Rap, or Jazz, or Classical, or Pop, or Rock, or Blues, or Metal or no music at all, it's all upto you.
Your business.

and in fact knew the song and recently heard it on someone else's radio, unfortunately. the style of music is still devil music despite the words being Ok.
LOL
You have an issue with 4/4 time? or with having a drummer, a basist, a couple of guitarists and a singer?? scary stuff huh?
OR maybe guitar solos are scary, or perhaps the rhythm guitar? Maybe chords scare you?

LOL

I, I'm master
Drive you insane,"
On one hand you say the words are OK and then you say they are a bit scary for you??

He starts off with a common one that parents often warn their kids about
"Don't talk to strangers
Cause they're only there
To do you harm"

We know strangers are mostly friendly, mostly helpful. But parents scare their kids at an early age because they want them to stay away from strangers and to be safe. Kids grow up and find that it is ok to talk to strangers, but by then parents are no longer scared of their kids being snatched and so the lie dissolves.

"Don't write in starlight
Cause the words may come out real"
This is a strange one, maybe some superstition somewhere in the world. Maybe Dio's parents or grandparents or maybe a story Dio read or maybe Dio just invented a superstition phrase as a place holder for all silly superstitions that are taught to people.

"Don't hide in doorways
You may find the key
that opens up your soul"
This is very poetic, and a figurative play on words, not really sure the meaning of this. Maybe people being warned not to venture close to other paths, other ways of living. e.g. maybe a warning just to be normal and don't try out new things otherwise you might learn and grow and experience and like "different" things that may then become a new lifestyle that you embrace??

"Don't go to Heaven cause its really only Hell"
Maybe this is about religious beliefs and dogma, thrust on people without anyone actually knowing if there is any truth to it. Maybe you live a pious life and end up in Heaven but only to find what you were told about Heaven isn't true.

"Don't smell the flowers
Their an evil drug
to make you lose your mind"
Well, you know, every one loves sweet smelling innocent perfumed flowers, but here he is suggesting to be afraid of even things that seem beautiful and sweet. To basically be scared of everything, to be fearful of evil, to suspect that even beautiful innocent things are evil.
This reminds me of this conversation here, where you are running around, arms waving in the air, screaming, don't listen to this song, its evil.

"Don't dream of women
cause they'll only bring you down"
Here, well most men have an interest in women, but really this is probably just about people seeking a strong connection with others, to find love and companionship. This is the fear of the risks of connecting with others. In connecting you make yourself vulnerable to the pain of being betrayed or rejected or of losing someone that you care about. Saying don't set yourself up for this, just stay away from the other sex, stay away from all dangers, from anything that might hurt you either physically or mentally. Don't take any risks.

"Hey you, you know me
You've touched me, I'm real, I'm forever
The one that lets you look and see
And feel me"
I think he is talking about experience, he is talking about taking risks, about trying new things, about connecting with people and the world.

I, I'm master"
Here he is trying to associate experience, new things, taking risks with the worse possible things that can happen. That all these things just lead to that risk, that it's not a small chance of the worst outcome happening, but that the worst will happen.
This is probably about anxiety and fear becoming the master, and stopping this person from experiencing life.
Maybe Dio experienced strong anxiety? Maybe he has regrets that he let this get the better of him and so in some things, he was too scared to life and experience, to scared to try, so he missed out on his opportunities.

"The evil song you sing inside your brain
Drive you insane, don't talk
Don't let them inside your mind, yeah
Run away, run away, go"

This is what it seems like to me. Because of what he was taught as a youngster, to be fearful of all the dangers, the dangers of living, he now has this constant voice in his mind, making him afraid, a voice that won't stop, making him run away from life, from experiencing.
Afraid to meet people, afraid to talk to women, afraid to listen to certain types of music, afraid to experience new cultures, afraid to do things that other's superstitions say he should avoid doing.

I think this song is a cautionary tale, about being too afraid to live, about the nonsense things that hold you back in life, hold you back from trying things, from learning, from experiencing.

Much like you here, trying to scare people away from rock and metal music. Saying it is evil and the devil's music.
Fear, fear, fear, based on nothing but nonsense.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
And under the bombardment, it is commendably brave.

Nevertheless, the Devil's music, played by the Russian attackers, threatens to put a stop to it.

Ah, perhaps if immoral devil music and dancing is involved.
Does anyone remember almost 10 years ago when Russia cracked down on the evil twerking dance?

"The mother of the sixth dancer, who is under 16 years old, had to pay a fine for "failing to instill moral development" in her daughter."

"The girls' dance school was closed by authorities, and their instructors were threatened with criminal charges. Children's rights ombudsman Pavel Astakhov said in a Twitter post that the dance was "vulgar" and "insulting.""

AMEN! Twerking is sick and vile. It sexualizes young women and instills evil loose morals. In this matter I respect Russia for their stand. Perhaps the West needs to take a few lessons in morality from them.

Upvote 0

stevil

Feb 5, 2011
✟253,361.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
AMEN! Twerking is sick and vile. It sexualizes young women and instills evil loose morals. In this matter I respect Russia for their stand. Perhaps the West needs to take a few lessons in morality from ththem.
Do Russia accept immigrants? Perhaps you could consider moving there and bringing up your children there.
No doubt you wouldn't want them to suffer having to deal with freedom in a western country.

• Optimistic
Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟310,658.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
LOL
You have an issue with 4/4 time? or with having a drummer, a basist, a couple of guitarists and a singer?? scary stuff huh?
OR maybe guitar solos are scary, or perhaps the rhythm guitar? Maybe chords scare you?
4/4 is the devil's time signature. Everybody knows that.

Just let me hear some of that rock and roll music
Any old way you choose it
It's got a backbeat, you can't lose it
Any old time you use it

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,121.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Ah, perhaps if immoral devil music and dancing is involved.
No, just the regular beat of artillery and the percussion of bombs. (This is not actually a thread about music. It is about Russian troops attacking Ukrainian villages. You do not appear so averse to that.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
No, just the regular beat of artillery and the percussion of bombs. (This is not actually a thread about music. It is about Russian troops attacking Ukrainian villages. You do not appear so averse to that..))

I most certainly do, and pray for the salvation of those in the war, on both sides.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟166,121.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I most certainly do, and pray for the salvation of those in the war, on both sides.
Salvation? What about the cessation of hostilities against Ukraine by Russian forces?

• Agree
Upvote 0

7thKeeper

Scion of the Devonian Sea
Jul 8, 2006
Finland
✟120,367.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Rock = devil music

Lemme introduce you to my favourite group, Nightwish.

I can start quoting Ghost as well.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟31,557.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Lemme introduce you to my favourite group, Nightwish.

I can start quoting Ghost as well.

I used to listen to Nightwish and all those Goth/metal type bands, Elis, and even some Russian bands in that genra.

Upvote 0