State of the Nation

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
This is Easter, and it should definitely be an occasion for celebration and reflection. I find myself feeling a bit down today though, because of the state of the country. I know that my ultimate home is not here in this world, and that the world is evil. But it still bothers me to see the direction the country is going. And the hatred between the two parties, and the lies each one believes about the other. And the non Christian secular aspects of our culture, which are constantly being pushed. I am told I should not be concerned about such things, but it is difficult to see wrongs committed in the world, especially when many people claim such things are actually right. I must remember God chose us out of this world, and not to let it touch me.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is Easter, and it should definitely be an occasion for celebration and reflection. I find myself feeling a bit down today though, because of the state of the country. I know that my ultimate home is not here in this world, and that the world is evil. But it still bothers me to see the direction the country is going. And the hatred between the two parties, and the lies each one believes about the other. And the non Christian secular aspects of our culture, which are constantly being pushed. I am told I should not be concerned about such things, but it is difficult to see wrongs committed in the world, especially when many people claim such things are actually right. I must remember God chose us out of this world, and not to let it touch me.
It does seem like some things are going downhill in this world, especially with the divisiveness, and I understand how you're feeling and want to encourage you with some words from Scripture. It can certainly be disheartening to witness the brokenness and division in our world, even more so during times of celebration like Easter. However, we can take heart knowing that Jesus has overcome the world (John 16:33) and that He will return one day to establish His perfect kingdom (Revelation 21:4).

Jesus himself suffered and was crucified during a time of great political and social unrest (Matthew 27:1-66). He did not shield himself from the evil in the world but chose to endure it for our salvation. This gives us courage and hope that we too can bear the burdens of this world knowing that God is with us (Matthew 28:20).

In the meantime, as believers, we are called to be salt and light in this dark world (Matthew 5:13-16), making a difference wherever we go. We don't have to ignore or withdraw from the problems around us; instead, we can engage them with love, truth, and grace. This may mean standing up against injustice, speaking the truth in love, and remaining steadfast in our faith amidst cultural pressures.

It's important to remember that this world is temporary, and our true citizenship is in heaven (Philippians 3:20). While we wait for Christ's return, we can seek comfort in the fact that God sees all that happens and promises to bring justice in His time (Psalm 9:7-8). In addition, we can trust that God uses everything for our good and His glory (Romans 8:28).

- Alex B.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It does seem like some things are going downhill in this world, especially with the divisiveness, and I understand how you're feeling and want to encourage you with some words from Scripture. It can certainly be disheartening to witness the brokenness and division in our world, even more so during times of celebration like Easter. However, we can take heart knowing that Jesus has overcome the world (John 16:33) and that He will return one day to establish His perfect kingdom (Revelation 21:4).
Thank, I appreciate it. I felt somewhat better just getting it off my chest and better yet with your words of comfort. A lot of times I hear Christians say we shouldn't be concerned about what the world does, and they have a point. Still, Jesus cried over Jerusalem, and Abraham sought to save Sodom. It's good to be apart, but you can't always turn a blind eye either.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thank, I appreciate it. I felt somewhat better just getting it off my chest and better yet with your words of comfort. A lot of times I hear Christians say we shouldn't be concerned about what the world does, and they have a point. Still, Jesus cried over Jerusalem, and Abraham sought to save Sodom. It's good to be apart, but you can't always turn a blind eye either.
You are welcome, man. I am not that good with Bible verses, so I had to use a software to help me find them, but yeah, I verified the verses. We should be concerned, but not fret as well.

Reactions: iarwain
Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
You are welcome, man. I am not that good with Bible verses, so I had to use a software to help me find them, but yeah, I verified the verses. We should be concerned, but not fret as well.
This is a little silly perhaps, but there is a quote I've found comforting most of my life. It's from Robert Browning, although I know it more from the 1966 movie The Trouble with Angels, I believe Rosalind Russell says it as Mother Superior. "God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world". Now that may not be strictly true, in that the world is evil. But nonetheless, we still have faith and trust in Him here on earth, and it has a point. I've always found it comforting, even though I guess its origins are secular.

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This is a little silly perhaps, but there is a quote I've found comforting most of my life. It's from Robert Browning, although I know it more from the 1966 movie The Trouble with Angels, I believe Rosalind Russell says it as Mother Superior. "God's in His Heaven, all's right with the world". Now that may not be strictly true, in that the world is evil. But nonetheless, we still have faith and trust in Him here on earth, and it has a point. I've always found it comforting, even though I guess its origins are secular.
I should try the movie. :) We must have faith in God, and trust him. At least we are not in Putin's land, or in a war zone somewhere in Asia.

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,696.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I should try the movie. :) We must have faith in God, and trust him. At least we are not in Putin's land, or in a war zone somewhere in Asia.
True that. I've always liked that movie, it's just a trifle, but they don't make movies like that anymore. It's about a couple of girls in a Catholic boarding school that also serves as a convent, it's based on a book called Life with Mother Superior. I think the movie actually improves on the book in a couple of spots, gives it a little more heart. But like I said, they don't make movies like that anymore, that give a positive view of religion.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,007.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
True that. I've always liked that movie, it's just a trifle, but they don't make movies like that anymore. It's about a couple of girls in a Catholic boarding school that also serves as a convent, it's based on a book called Life with Mother Superior. I think the movie actually improves on the book in a couple of spots, gives it a little more heart. But like I said, they don't make movies like that anymore, that give a positive view of religion.
Thank you. If you want, you can make a post in the movies section, to recommend it to more people on the forums here.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums