• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Starting back Goals

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1127162327a.jpg
1127162327.jpg
So tonight I left church early. I was in a shut down today and had covered up this morning and didnt go to church or anything. Slept until 4pm. My hubby and I ate before he went to work (he works thirds) and I went to church and cut right before it started. Then in this no care attitude I went home and cut my legs up with a razor.

Im thinking more clearly tonight. I havent had a fall like this in quite a long time. I do very well actually. But this past month after keeping sharp things out of the house for three years I put them back in. So yes I fell but Im not taking them out again. I can do this. It has just been a rough month. I talked with my friend who is also a woman pastor at my church. She helped me brainstorm and asked me a lot of questions and told me her observations. Ive decided to write goals out again. So here they are. Perhaps any of yall would like to help me be accountable too? If any of yall want to list your goals for the month also yall can write them here. This is what I have. Im unsure what to do as a goal for number three but I start counseling again December first so we can talk about it. I had done my 20 minute Bible reading project on facebook, did these goals, then posted some Psalms on this site I go to, so I am feeling much better now. I just thought I would post here too to see if this might help anyone also...I guess you dont have to stay down in a fall. I am sad by it but one thing I have learned through the years is the quicker I can get back up from it the better I feel.

Last edited:

Zoii

Oct 13, 2016
Australia
✟103,785.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
TY Lily
I just think each drop of my blood is like a rock in a pond.... it ripples so widely affecting so many people. So I have to get my mind to something that pushes through the pressure in my head and to do it proactively so it doesn't build up. So I do my journal and art n writing and collage everyday. And my parents keep me aware.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Mayflower1

Hello my Name is "Child of the One True King"
Site Supporter
Dec 2, 2005
Heaven of course!
✟117,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1130162301.jpg
Update: tonight I wrote out some scriptures about joy, hope, and strength for when Im feeling anxious and depressed or having self injury urges. It has been very helpful tonight. I go to counseling tomorrow. It is a new counselor so prayers please.

Upvote 0

MissRowy

Ms Snarky
Site Supporter
Oct 31, 2012
Western Sydney
✟250,212.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
AU-Labor
Taking small goals is a good idea. I pray your new counsellor is as understanding as your previous one. Maybe break your goals into smaller chunks. Just a suggestion.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0