Visit site
✟15,225.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Republican
Our son was born in December, we've been together two years, ages 19 and 23. We want to have at least two kids, but we'll play it by ear on the cap on that. We want to wait a couple of years before the next one, but not much longer than that because we don't want them to be too far apart. I come from a family of two kids, he from five (though he was mostly raised with three, one sister died when she was a little over a year old, the other is ten years younger than him). I'm still considering only having two of my own, then telling him if he wants more we'll adopt them because I hate being pregnant.....it was definitely worth it, and he was the easiest birth I've ever heard of (and the easiest my doctor ever heard of too), but I'm not in a hurry to do it again. I don't want to have any kids past age 30 because I'm scared to death the same thing will happen that happened to his sister....she was born with Down's syndrome and a hole in her heart, his mom was almost 40 at the time, they say that's what caused it.

As for names....our son's name is David, I don't know for the next kid and one of my friends stole the girl's name I wanted (that's what happens from NOT sharing, she didn't know I was considering the name)

Upvote 0
I

Inperfected

Hmm... as for starting a family, we want to wait for 2-3 years before even getting pregnant.. Time is on our side as a younger couple, and it would be a great idea, to set ourselves up better, money and relationship wise... before a young one comes into the picture... Decide on the way we want to raise our children, before we have them.... Let ourselves have a marriage before we have a family.

Upvote 0

HisLittleHazelnut

Coming soon with new account... find me if you can
Mar 21, 2006
Searcy, AR
✟26,205.00
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Due to our messed up genetics (which would be even more messed up if we had kids, giving them 75-100% chance of severe Tourette's) he is going under the knife so we won't be having any kids of our own. However about ten years down the line we would like to adopt at least two children, to a maximum of five. Names we have picked out?
Boys:
Beowulf, Theoden, Eomer
Girls:
Eowyn, Rhiannon

Upvote 0

FaithfulServant

The Lord directs my steps
Apr 10, 2004
Texas, the best state :)
✟2,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Inperfected said:
WEll theres been a little bit of a change in circumstances since then, and we now will be waiting at least 3.5-4 years... Likely around 4.5...

I've decided to go into nursing and that will not finish until we've been married for 3.5 years, then i imagine i'll work for a year before becomign pregnant...

TURN BACK NOW!!!! Lol, I ask myself every day (everyone one of my nursing friends does the same thing) WHY OH WHY did I ever choose nursing as my major!!! :p

Upvote 0

Maeyken

Senior Veteran
Jul 28, 2004
Hamilton
✟20,300.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
FaithfulServant said:
TURN BACK NOW!!!! Lol, I ask myself every day (everyone one of my nursing friends does the same thing) WHY OH WHY did I ever choose nursing as my major!!! :p

When I was in school, I remember people asking that a lot, and nurses at our placements saying that too.

However, I like being a nurse, I've been out of school and working for almost a year now. Sure, some days I really wonder what I got myself into, but usually I like it. As in every job there are things I don't like so much, but the good definitely outweighs the bad.

I think the most important part is figuring out what sort of nursing environment you want to work in. In your placements, figure out what type of patients you most enjoy (and why you enjoy that), what sort you have no patience for, figure out what area would be your best fit, and go from there.

I work on a gastrointestinal med/surg floor. It's a very busy environment, and for me that's a good thing. Sitting around doing nothing is not for me! There are so many skills to learn on a floor like this too, so I see that as a good starting place.

At some point in the future I'd like to take some courses specializing in some area of nursing but I don't know at this point what area I want. I'd thought maybe OR, but I think I'd miss patient contact too much. I'd also thought of palliative care, but I'm not sure I have the skills or life experience yet- maybe in awhile. We'll see! I haven't felt a calling in any specific direction yet!

-- sorry!! that was soooooo OT!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

alessandrab

Dec 2, 2005
✟7,681.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Engaged
We'd like to have a year or two to put things (work and the everyday life and such) in order, find a nice home and spend time on our own, then start trying:D I would like to be less than 30 when the first child is born. We have a bunch of names thought out;) The ideal number would be 2:) In case we are not able to have babies of our own, we will adopt - it is an option that has always interested both of us.

Upvote 0

Sascha Fitzpatrick

Apr 29, 2004
✟9,123.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Our timeframe has changed a little.

Still the same expectations on the 'curveballs' that could be thrown at us during our whole TTC/Pregnancy/Birth endeavour, but we've pushed the timeframe out a little.

At the moment it's 'within the next 5 years'. Few more things have cropped up which means a delay in baby-making...

Sasch

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
FaithfulServant said:

Going into nursing was one of the best choices I ever made. My mom was a nurse and this is my 3rd career. I felt I was led into it after my daughter got sick. It'll be 3 years next month. I used to work in retail security and my starting hourly wage as a nurse was double my last security job. Some days are tough, but I feel like I'm showing Christ's love as I care for my patients. They often see something different about me and are very thankful. My floor is surgical-no cardiac.

Upvote 0

eatenbylocusts

Senior Veteran
Oct 13, 2005
✟14,434.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
My bf and I talked about kids on our first date. I'll be 40 next month and he's going to have to marry me soon if he wants some more kids. I told him 1, but he made a comment not too long ago that made me think he'd really like more. He has a 28 yr. old and I have a 14 yr old and a 7 yr. old. Assuming we get married in the next year I'm sure we'll be TTC within the first few months.

Upvote 0

Moluku

Becoming Mrs. McCarthy June 2, 2007.
Sep 14, 2005
Oregon
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Libertarian
My fiancé and I have discussed the idea of having kids after we've been married a little while. We're both in college right now and are focusing on finishing school and establishing finances before having kids. Ideally we want 3-4, but we want at least 2 kids. We already started thinking of names, even though it's a bit early. It's fun nonetheless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Xinnamon

Contributor
Nov 12, 2004
✟16,794.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My fiance and I would like to have 2-3 children, probably 2-3 years after we are married.. hopefully I can beccome pregnant before my 28/29th birthday. But then again, I've seen enough examples to know that things don't always go according to the timelines we set, so I'm taking it easy:).

Upvote 0

reverie_maiden

The Lord is my Shepherd
Apr 19, 2005
KY
✟17,097.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Joey and I believe we will have kids in God's time. We haven't put any month or year time frame on it for that reason. We hope to have 3 to 4 kids. Twins run on both sides of Joey's family, so that is why we are being flexible on the number. When it comes to picking names we are leaning towards all biblical names. So far we have come up with Leah, Rebecca, Daniel, and Samuel.

Upvote 0

FaithfulServant

The Lord directs my steps
Apr 10, 2004
Texas, the best state :)
✟2,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
reverie_maiden said:
Joey and I believe we will have kids in God's time. We haven't put any month or year time frame on it for that reason. We hope to have 3 to 4 kids. Twins run on both sides of Joey's family, so that is why we are being flexible on the number. When it comes to picking names we are leaning towards all biblical names. So far we have come up with Leah, Rebecca, Daniel, and Samuel.

It only matters if the twins run on the maternal side, if it runs on the man's side it doesn't affect the wifes chance of having twins. Although, he can pass it on to his daughters.

See here: http://genepi.qimr.edu.au/ScientificAmerican_Twins.html

I love the name Daniel, great choice :)

Upvote 0