Nov 9, 2004
dallas
✟7,931.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Sascha ,
I know you must be a great planner. But why no emotion though its like this has to be done by this time and that needs to be done by this time. I do hope you are enjoying the excitement and going through the emotions of planning and getting married. Please do let go and enjoy !! Everything will work out just fine!!!

Upvote 0

squeakyclean1

Jan 17, 2005
Posen or Bourbonnais, IL
Visit site
✟1,360.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not engaged yet, but my bf and I have talked about this too. We're planning on getting married when I'm 22, after graduating college. I have to go to grad school after graduating, so I'll be 24 after that, and then we'll probably want 1-2 years to save up money and travel and such. Then we'll start trying. We want between 2 and 4, we'll see what God has instore. And if I can't become pregnant, we're gonna adopt. I'd rather use the money for that instead of other ways of concieving. And no, we've never thought of names either. That time will come when I'm pregnant.

Upvote 0

FaithfulServant

The Lord directs my steps
Apr 10, 2004
Texas, the best state :)
✟2,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hope_0004 said:
Does anyone ever worry if they will be able to have children?

I don't worry about it since people in my family have always had alot of children. (Like one grandmother had 14, the other had 12) If I wasn't able to I would be very sad....so maybe I just try not to think about it :)

Upvote 0

PurpleBunny

Rabid Purple Bunny of the Apocalypse
Sep 20, 2004
Visit site
✟1,470.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
The earliest we'll have children (planned, at least) will be after all the immigration routines are finished and done. But we'd prefer to wait until Chris is done grad school. Of course, every month if my PMS symptoms are inconspicuous I start to get all excited, or wonder if they're early pregnancy symptoms. I'm kinda in baby-mode right now.

As for names, we really like the name Nyssa Anne for a girl-child. But of course nothing is final until we start a family and actually have a little girl!

Upvote 0

pugby

Jan 10, 2006
Fort Drum, NY
✟15,586.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
i am getting married in april and we plan on starting right away, even though everyone says to wait, i look forward to being a father. We plan on having some and possibly adopting more. We are looking at having 13, but if God wants us to have more, we are also open to that.

Upvote 0

*Liberty*

The need to be right is the sign of a vulgar mind
Feb 6, 2006
✟15,199.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Others
We would like to wait 1-2 years after marrying before trying to have kids, but if it happens sooner, yay!

We only want 1 or 2 children also. I love kids but don't want a huge family.

As for names, they are a secret! ;) Not even our parents will know until the meet their grandchildren for the first time! But we do have them picked out already and have been set on them since a month or so into our relationship. Let's just hope the babies look like the names or else we will really be in a pickle! ^_^

Upvote 0

CrystalBrooke

I'm almost positive I don't care what you think
Jun 16, 2004
Tennessee
Visit site
✟19,777.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
well after having engaged in things we shouldn't have, we'll have a family not too long after we get married. We had always discussed how many children we wanted and things of that sort tho. and even if i hadnt gotten pregnant first, i wanted to get pregnant within our first year or so of marriage. We're having a girl, he picked the first name and I picked the middle...Emily Makenzie. We want more tho, probably around 3 or 4 with 3 or 4 years in between each of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Catholic Wife

Senior Veteran
Jan 27, 2006
DFW Metroplex
✟25,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
We would prefer to wait a year after we are married to start having children, but are leaving that part up to God. We may have difficulty conceiving because of my age (and PCOS), so we'll take any children whenever they come along. Ideally, we would like to have 2-3 kids. As for names, Rosemary is at the top of the list for a girl and David or Michael for a boy.

Upvote 0

Roxa

Daughter of the King
Oct 29, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟10,005.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
we will be married in May... we want to start right away... even though people seem to think that we need to wait for a couple of years.... we are excited about starting our family, we want 5 kids... we have talked about names and really like the following names, Erzy Michael Rosemary, Seraphina Ramona Bella, Idina Carolynn...,
we still have to decide on a few more names but we still have time for that.

Upvote 0

FaithfulServant

The Lord directs my steps
Apr 10, 2004
Texas, the best state :)
✟2,235.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Roxa said:
we will be married in May... we want to start right away... even though people seem to think that we need to wait for a couple of years.... we are excited about starting our family, we want 5 kids... we have talked about names and really like the following names, Erzy Michael Rosemary, Seraphina Ramona Bella, Idina Carolynn...,
we still have to decide on a few more names but we still have time for that.

What unique names! :) Is Erzy Michael Rosemary for a male or female?

Upvote 0

chocolateloverjen

ALSO: ricloverjen AND godloverjen
Apr 11, 2005
East Yorkshire
✟16,935.00
Faith
Methodist
It depends when i get married, plans are to be married on our anniversary either in 2009 or 2010 and i will be 21/22. i personally would like my 1st baby before i am 25, so might have a year honeymoon. It depends, im sure i will be eger to have one as i have been going out with Ric since 2004, lol.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

OrangeHope

Contributor
Sep 25, 2005
the holy land of Israel
✟23,582.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
since my bf and i are just together a bit over 5 months we havn't talked about marriage or kids. but whoever i marry i would like to have atleast 4 kids. maybe my fist one by the time i'm 23...but i'm not sure if i can see that happening anymore....

Upvote 0