Mar 29, 2016
Taiwan
Visit site
✟97,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I took 2 Spiritual Gift Tests. This test was very interesting since I've felt a calling for ministry (I think a Biblical Professor).
I think that spiritual gift tests are helpful, but don't plan a ministry or career based on them. In fact, Biblical Professor is a job, not a ministry.

You will find that, regardless of your job, your spiritual gift will manifest itself in your ministry. That is why some pastors are great at teaching, while others are great at counseling and still others are great at administration. You see, Pastor is a job, but teaching, counseling and administrating are ministries.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0

Francis Drake

Returning adventurer.
Apr 14, 2013
✟185,175.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Independence-Party
Having seen how misleading the results can be, I personally deplore these spiritual gift tests that have been doing the rounds for the last decade or two.
They are usually based on the false foundation of psychological profiling. Anything based on the psyche will always be false as spiritual gifts are about the spirit, not the mind.

They are used by HR departments in personality testing.

I happen to know quite clearly what my areas of gifting is, not from foolish tests, but because I have walked in those gifts for the last 40 or so years and seen much fruit.

About 10 years ago, after watching someone pushing these tests, I decided to have a go at one for amusement. I was appalled at the result.

So to try and unravel their methodology, I decided to run the test backwards.

I put what I know are my gifts into the answer boxes, and then one by one went backwards through the sequence of questions that would lead to that very result, eventually arriving at the first set of question.

The characteristics that supposedly led to my various gifts were completely carnal and so very far from reality.

If an immature believer does the test, his answers to the multiple choice questions can only be based on his fleshly mind and not his spirit. Until that fleshly drive dies or comes under the dominion of his spirit, his answers will always be wrong.

Scripture makes it clear that the flesh is the enemy of the spirit, no wonder the tests are a mess.

That's why we see so many resulting with positions of authority such as pastor teacher etc., all wanting to be at the front.

Upvote 0

Instrument150

Aug 6, 2017
Pensacola
✟14,208.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
Yesterday I took 2 Spiritual Gift Tests. This test was very interesting, since I've felt a calling for ministry (I think a Biblical Professor). Here are my Results. (I'm listing the top 5 gifts for each test.)

Test A:
1st: Exhortation
2nd: Miracles
3rd: Pastor/Shepherd
4th: Teaching
5th: Discernment

Test B:
1st: Exhortation 35/35
2nd: Teaching 34/35
3rd: Pastor/Shepherd 31/35
4th: Faith 31/35
5th: Mercy 30/35

Any thoughts? :D

This sounds like fun, and I'm glad to hear you are seeking your gifts and spending your time seeking to better understand your function. However, I would immediately take an empty notebook and go and write down what spiritual gifts you feel appeal to you. Then, use your imagination. Like God did, when He created you. Be an expression of this creativity, and think of a righteous and Godly use for these gifts. Be as extreme as you want. Or as humble. Write that vision down next.

After that, use real world logic to create steps towards it. Then simply do each step one at a time. Exercise your 3 dimensional gift of executive function. Because, it sounds like you already know where your self actualization lies.

Upvote 0