The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The tabernacle is the tent like structure built to house the Ark of the Covenant. What was the function of the Ark of Moses? It carried the covenant God. What was the purpose of Mary? She carried the Living Covenant, our God.

Moses' ark was made on earth with natural materials, a tent that housed the ark.

JoeT

All of our bodies are tents, temporary movable stuctures

2 Cr 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God,
an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.

We know he was made of a woman made under the law

She was a chosen vessel to carry a child in a way that every woman on earth carries a child. The only difference was the manner she conceived (which had nothing to do with her or the help of man but God).

There's no virtue in the continous blessing of "the womb of" him that carried him
or "the paps of" him that gave him suck (as such things pertain to her motherhood) in respects to Jesus (the fruit of her womb).

The woman who loudly went on about blessing the "womb of him and the paps of him" who carried him for 9 short months
(as every mother does any of her children) was clearly worshipping the creature over the creator. And when she did so he corrected her.

But I still dont understand how anyone can conclude that carrying a child (even Jesus) in the flesh as one woman and doing so in/ and after the flesh only for 9 months somehow exceeds the glory of Christ being formed in us (Gal 4:19) after the Spirit and abiding. Christ in us (not in Mary) is to be our hope of glory (Col 1:27). If given the choice between the two (Jesus in and after the flesh formed in me, or Jesus in and after the Spirit formed in me) I would still chose the latter.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Moses' Tabernacle was indeed the foreshadow of heavenly things to come. All the elements making up the holy of Holies came to life in the New Covenant. The Tabernacle was the birthplace of the Jewish religion. Mary was a living Tabernacle and the birthplace of our Catholic faith as well. Christ said “Do not think that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets. I am not come to destroy, but to fulfill.” He came to live, with perfection, to consummate the Old Covenant and to establish the New Covenant. But Matthew doesn’t stop quoting Christ with simply “filling”, “For amen I say unto you, till heaven and earth pass, one jot, or one tittle shall not pass of the law, till all be fulfilled.” And too, we shouldn’t forget that in Christ’s birth, another wondrous birth occurs; the birth of God’s Kingdom on earth.

Where did the Holy Spirit put the New Covenant word? Christ, the New Covenant, was placed in the Ark of the New Covenant, the womb of Mary. (Cf. Luke 1, Rev 11:19, Rev 12:1) God was infused into man becoming Christ. Christ was one person with two natures, one of God, the other of man. Thus after the proper time, Christ was born of Mary as foretold by the angel; “Behold thou shalt conceive in thy womb and shalt bring forth a son: and thou shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Most High. And the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of David his father: and he shall reign in the house of Jacob forever. And of his kingdom there shall be no end.” (Luke 1: 31-33) Eventually, like light passes through a window He passes through the veil, a veil now rent. Christ now becomes like the Menorah (light of the world), whose Word fell on the Altar of Incense to rise pleasingly to God, whose light fell on the loaves of proposition (likened to the Twelve Apostles). These loaves were consumed by the high Priests who were said to receive Divine knowledge. As you probably know, a Divine Hope is born out of knowledge giving the expectation of obtaining the Vision of the Divine. Other furnishings in the Tabernacle foreshadows the coming of the Second Kingdom, the Catholic Church. The mercy seat was sprinkled with the offered blood of the Victim as Christ’s blood atones for our sins. The Table of Shewbread was a food for knowledge as the Twelve are food of knowledge for our spiritual welfare. Likewise, we partake in the food of life, the Eucharist. The menorah is the light of Christ. The altar of incense are the prayers of the Church.

God’s residence on earth is made holy by His command. Therefore, Moses was ordered to keep the Tabernacle spiritually and ritually clean. The Ark of the Testimony (Exodus 25:16, 22; 26:33, etc.), the Ark of the Testament (Exodus 30:26), the Ark of the Covenant of the Lord (Numbers 10:33; Deuteronomy 10:8, etc.), the Ark of the Covenant (Joshua 3:6, etc.), the Ark of God (1 Samuel 3:3, etc.), the Ark of the Lord (1 Samuel 4:6, etc.) was the Incarnate Word of God; all of which take residence in the womb taking the form of the Person of Jesus titled our Christ. Judaism or Catholicism certainly wouldn’t suggest that God should take up residence in an unholy place.

JoeT

Its simple, he was made of a woman made under the law, and she is never mentioned again after his resurrection with the exception of the first chapter of Acts. And she is trying to be stuffed into the figure of the ark (even as she is pictured often in the place of God between the cherubs). She is being squeezed into the queen of heaven kind of picture with the moon under her feet while fleeing into the wilderness a few verses later. I can appreciate the effort and creativity in trying to mash it together to make it work. There is just nothing spoken of her after acts chapter 1.

But I will jump out of the thread for now, might jump back in later.

Edit typo

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Its simple, he was made of a woman made under the law, and she is never mentioned again after his resurrection with the exception of the first chapter of Acts. And she is trying to be stuffed into the figure of the ark (even as she is pictured often in the place of God between the cherubs). She is being squeezed into the queen of heaven kind of picture with the moon under her feet while fleeing into the wilderness a few verses later. I can appreciate the effort and creativity in trying to mash it together to make it work. There is just nothing spoken of her after acts chapter 1.

But I will jump out of the thread for now, might jump back in later.

Edit typo
Who stuffs Mary between the cherubs on the Mercy seat? We often refer to Mary as the Seat of Wisdom.

JoeT

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Who stuffs Mary between the cherubs on the Mercy seat? We often refer to Mary as the Seat of Wisdom.

JoeT
I know, you call her alot of things. I already posted the first one, here a few examples
1692477573758.png
1692477894277.png

1692477777480.png

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
They were taken from catholic sites
So! Catholic websites don't make doctrine. We do know she is the Mother of the Living Grace, Jesus Christ. Catholics know and profess that she is the Mother of God, she is "God Bearer", Ever-Virgin, Most Pure, Immaculate , Queen of heaven, our Lady and the cause of our Salvation.

JoeT

• Winner
Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
All of our bodies are tents, temporary movable stuctures

2 Cr 5:1 For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God,
The Ark is not the tabernacle. The New Eve bore God's eternal new Adam in the form of a sacrificial lamb. She carried Him across the dark seas of sin to the shores of our redemption. The Ever-Virgin Mary is the Ark of everlasting life, the mother of our Salvation, and the Queen of Heaven
We know he was made of a woman made under the law

She was a chosen vessel to carry a child in a way that every woman on earth carries a child. The only difference was the manner she conceived (which had nothing to do with her or the help of man but God).
Like a bottle once emptied of it contents it is discharged into the waste bin?
There's no virtue in the continuous blessing of "the womb of" him that carried him
or "the paps of" him that gave him suck (as such things pertain to her motherhood) in respects to Jesus (the fruit of her womb).

The woman who loudly went on about blessing the "womb of him and the paps of him" who carried him for 9 short months
(as every mother does any of her children) was clearly worshipping the creature over the creator. And when she did so he corrected her.

But I still dont understand how anyone can conclude that carrying a child (even Jesus) in the flesh as one woman and doing so in/ and after the flesh only for 9 months somehow exceeds the glory of Christ being formed in us (Gal 4:19) after the Spirit and abiding. Christ in us (not in Mary) is to be our hope of glory (Col 1:27). If given the choice between the two (Jesus in and after the flesh formed in me, or Jesus in and after the Spirit formed in me) I would still chose the latter.
Then your salvation doesn't mean much to you. After all you can commune with a Book.

JoeT

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So! Catholic websites don't make doctrine. We do know she is the Mother of the Living Grace, Jesus Christ. Catholics know and profess that she is the Mother of God, she is "God Bearer", Ever-Virgin, Most Pure, Immaculate , Queen of heaven, our Lady and the cause of our Salvation.

JoeT
She is the haidmaid of the Lord, nothing more, nothing less. And never mentioned again by name after the first chapter of Acts after Jesus Christ's ascension. She is just not there.

Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Ark is not the tabernacle.

I know, you wrote, " The tabernacle is the tent like structure built to house the Ark of the Covenant."

And I agreed, saying our bodies are tents, which are very similarly temporary movable stuctures and posted this verse

Christ would then be in Mary's tent (so to speak) for 9 months, and then Christ in you (His many membered body)
The New Eve bore God's eternal new Adam in the form of a sacrificial lamb. She carried Him across the dark seas of sin to the shores of our redemption. The Ever-Virgin Mary is the Ark of everlasting life, the mother of our Salvation, and the Queen of Heaven

Christ in us is the hope of glory, the two becoming one flesh is not about Christ and Mary but Christ and the church

Ephes 5:32 This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.

Like a bottle once emptied of it contents it is discharged into the waste bin?
By acknowledging She was a chosen vessel to carry a child and did so in a way that every woman on earth carries a child to term?

What a strange response.
Then your salvation doesn't mean much to you. After all you can commune with a Book.

JoeT

Counting Christ being formed in us (Gal 4:19) as exceedingly more desirable than just being pregnant for nine months means my salvation doesn't mean much to me? Col 1:27 Christ in us should not be our hope of glory? Christ in us means communing with a book?

Again, strange response.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
The discussion has become unfruitful so I will end it here.
Here's something to think about on your journey to end the discussion.

The incarnate Christ, being wholly human as well as God, is begotten as all humans, thus not made. In the case of humans, man provides the spark that generates life. In Jesus Christ's case God provides the spark of life necessary to generate eternal Life, that life was the Personification of His Wisdom (Jesus) perfectly joined with flesh of Mary. God and man are inexplicably joined in a perfect unity just as we will be joined in a perfect unity with God. As Christ is 'Life', the blood of the Christ Child is the blood of eternal life. The Person of Christ found in Mary is filled with the living grace.

Science identifies fetomaternal cells trafficking in most all child bearing women. The child’s cell carry DNA as it migrates through the walls of the womb lodging in the body of the mother. In some cases these cells live for only months in other cases several years, but like all human life these cells die. In a similar manner the fetomaternal microchimerism found in Mary would track Eternal Life through her body igniting a spiritual life wholly and completely blessing the mother. Unlike the cells of the human child having original sin doomed to corruption, the fetal chmerism of Christ is eternal, without corruption. We can easily see the physical parallel fetal chimerism cells of Christ as the DNA of divinity and will never die. Through her entire life the Mother of Life carried Christ's cells of the Personification Life. They move through Mary's body and soul, her entire person is blessed as no other.

If you want to say Christ is placed in a balloon inside Mary’s womb or molded her flesh into Christ we need to contend with the absurdity that god created God and placed His newly created god into the womb of a woman instead of being the 'begotten' son as all humans. Christ was begotten as all humans, with the initial 'spark of life'; one of God's seminal mysteries.

JoeT

Upvote 0

JoeT

Oct 5, 2020
Southern U.S.
✟107,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Just stick with scriptures they are much better than all the fluff and flowery speech that gets kind of cringy.
What? Is thinking outside the paradigm something God doesn't want? Didn't He give us a brain - shouldn't we use it? How did your God come into being both Divine and man? And whatever answer you come up with is wrong unless Mary is Mother of God, immaculately conceived, Ever Virgin consequently consumed to heaven. Try it. Take the challenge.

JoeT

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bbbbbbb

Jun 9, 2015
✟373,750.00
Faith
Non-Denom
What? Is thinking outside the paradigm something God doesn't want? Didn't He give us a brain - shouldn't we use it? How did your God come into being both Divine and man? And whatever answer you come up with is wrong unless Mary is Mother of God, immaculately conceived, Ever Virgin consequently consumed to heaven. Try it. Take the challenge.

JoeT
"Consumed" to heaven? That is a surprisingly unusual and clever pun.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟249,042.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Fireinfolding

Dec 17, 2006
The South
✟121,561.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
She bore the word of God in her womb.

I believe most christians believe Jesus was born into this world by Mary

Gal 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law

She is the new ark of the covenant.

Blessings

She was just a human being, the haidmaid of the Lord thats all.

I do understand that some people who like to make more of her than what is there, but we disagree.

Upvote 0