some advice....?

GodzAngel

<div style="width:100%; filter:glow(color=red, str
Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
✟138.00
Well, what I would like to ask advice about is...well...there is this guy that i really care about(as more than a friend, and brother in Christ), and most of the time he seems to have the same interest, like, he'll do flirty things like bump into me, or hug me, and just little silly things ya know. And then lately like the past 6 months, whenever we're in front of our friends, he almost ignores me completely, sometimes he'll say hi, and sometimes he'll walk right pass me without saying or doing anything. but when it's just him and i with my family or his family, or by ourselves, he's his old self again, more than ever. and i miss seeing that side of him. and when i don't see it, i'm hurt, especially&nbsp;when he doesn't say anything to me, but than when he shows himself again when we're by ourselves or with one of our family's, i can't help but still care about him.

&nbsp;

anyone have any advice?? i'd greatly appreciate it!&nbsp;

GodzAngel

Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
✟138.00
well Didymus, he's about 6 yrs. older than me, and I am a little younger than 17, i'll be 16 in a couple months..i know, i'm young..lol...but we have always been friends, but lately he's been showing more attention and feeling towards me that seems to be more than just "Friendship". and i knwo he's prob just not saying or doing anything about it because of our age difference, but it drives me crazy, cuz he ignores me one moment, and then talks my head off and does things like that the next when we're by ourselves or with family.

Upvote 0

Didymus

can t spell--can t type
Feb 3, 2002
New York state
✟10,771.00
Faith
Protestant
talk to him then. he may be uncomfortable because of the age difference. of course your father could always ask him i f he he "honerable intentions" toward you. i love those old phrases. if he says it s nothing serious ignore the flirting and find someone closer to your own age to date.

Upvote 0

GodzAngel

Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
✟138.00
well, my Dad wouldn't do that, i mean, he would if i asked him, but i wouldn't want him to. but the only problem with that is, he(the guy) doesn't know how i feel about him. but yet my mom said to do the same thing, about talking to him, but yet i'm too scared, shy, and embarrassed too. and yes, this guy would have "honest intentions", he's a very sweet guy, he's a Christian, and a very strong and serious one at that, and he would never try to do anything to me that would be un-honorable.

Upvote 0

GodzAngel

Apr 16, 2003
Visit site
✟138.00
and i'm not looking for anyone to date right now, i mean, i'm not out just trying to find someone, ya know what i mean. it's just that i happen to have feelings for this guy. if something came out of it if it were God's Will, than that's great, but i'm not going to try and "make" it happen.

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I`m 22 and I don't know what I would have in common with a 15 year old, no offence. Maybe he thinks you are fun, but too young for him. I was in a position like that when I was 18. There was a girl who was 14, tons of fun, but WAY to young. So I limited the amount of fun I would have with her because it would have been wrong if we dated.

Don't invest too much in him, guard your heart.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

sr. scholls

The dimmest of lights
May 4, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟1,934.00
Faith
Protestant
Man, I wish other guys your age would think like that Dave! I don't know what it is lately, but I've been seeing more older guys go for younger girls. Putting it more bluntly and honestly, I have feelings for a 21 year old. I'm nearly 17 and it seems as though my friend who just turned 15 is the object of his affection. Now since this kind of thing has happened to me before, it's not as despairing...but a little frustrating at time when I seek advice from older friends that say that it might not work out in a romantic way because of the obvious, yet workable age difference. (I wasn't aiming for anything romantic, however, so yay for me.) Kind of ironic though, isn't it..?

Upvote 0

DaveKerwin

Represent the Most High
May 31, 2002
Detroit, MI
Visit site
✟21,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I am dating an older woman, which I am very happy about.

If a guy is in his early 20's and still has the mentality of an early teen, then maybe you don't want a guy that is that immature. Then again, maybe you have the mentality of a woman in her 20's. So it is hard to say.

Upvote 0