Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Cinnamon rolls in the oven. A little butter and a glass of milk.
The wife is pulling them out now.

Mmm, sounds good! I told my husband I'd bake bread today. Fresh baked and slathered in butter, nothing quite like it. And none of those extra ingredients and preservatives to worry about.

Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Good morning, Senior Eagles..
---
6:12 am
East Coast
---
High 81F..today
Partly Cloudy.
---
Having my first cup of coffee..

Currently 69 here, looking for 86. Got about an inch of much needed rain overnight. It made a nice sound through the open windows.

Plants are green and wet, flowers are blooming, birds are singing, the air is clear. It's a beautiful morning created by a wonderful God.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Hi seniors - I hope everyone is okay. :)

I've started a new Church - old one too far to travel to, now I no longer drive - and I'm getting used to a new routine. There's quite a few other older people there which I like. What about your churches? Do they cater for all the age groups including us baby boomers?

Btw I'm doing this on my phone and the predictive text is making nonsense. I hope I've corrected it all. Also can't do smilies; they don't work for some reason, although the colon and end bracket seem to convert to a smile! :)

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Hi seniors - I hope everyone is okay. :)

I've started a new Church - old one too far to travel to, now I no longer drive - and I'm getting used to a new routine. There's quite a few other older people there which I like. What about your churches? Do they cater for all the age groups including us baby boomers?

Btw I'm doing this on my phone and the predictive text is making nonsense. I hope I've corrected it all. Also can't do smilies; they don't work for some reason, although the colon and end bracket seem to convert to a smile! :)

So many new routines as we get older! My husband and I have cut down on driving considerably. Luckily we're in walking distance (if need be!) or ordering distance of groceries. And also of a couple churches close by.

Hope you enjoy your new church. It's always a new experience isn't it? Our church is mostly baby boomers and quite a few pre-baby boomers. Not sure what they're called!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
I've heard that the pre boomers are called the silent generation, possibly because the "Children should be seen but not heard" attitude still lingered.

I think it's nice having some fellow Christians who are at similar stages to us, and can remember the things we can, as well as having younger people in Church.

I'm enjoying my new Church. It's an Elim one and very similar to my last except smaller. It's in the town where I live, unlike the previous one, and it's lovely meeting other Christians here.

Grocery deliveries are a great asset aren't they? I'm glad you have many of the things you need within walking distance. I have too.

Upvote 0

rebornfree

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
May 5, 2007
NW England
✟795,870.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Divorced
Good morning, Senior Eagles..
---
8:18 am
East Coast, US
---
Having second cup of coffee..
---
I am still working..on the book project.
Hello Pioneer3mm and all Seniors. I'm about to go to bed here in the UK - it's very late.

I hope the book project is going well Pioneer3mm and that everyone is well. :)

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
godisagardner, wondering if you use whole grains to bake bread. Or does anyone?

I use whole wheat flour when I find it on special. Even the generic has gotten pricy! I've found a few recipes that call for whole wheat only, but most wheat recipes I have call for a mix of wheat and white. I like rye flour, really like rye bread. I used to get the rye at Natural Grocers at a really good price, but the last few times I stopped by they didn't have any. I have a recipe that calls for bread flour and barley flour, but I've never found the barley flour.

You reminded me I need to bake a loaf. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

godisagardener

Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟66,264.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
godisagardner, wondering if you use whole grains to bake bread. Or does anyone?

Did you make a whole grain bread? I'm still trying to get around to baking any kind of bread.

I'd like a recipe for some nice fluffy biscuits... Mine never turn out right!

Upvote 0