Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The short answer as to why the subconscious is important is that it is part of you. I am not a psychologist by profession, although I've studied Psychology some.

But I have done this also: I have asked myself many times RE this or that event (or person) in my life: WHY exactly did I do this or say that? And if you have the Holy Spiriit in your life, you will get answers to this (presumably).

An example: I used to, when very young, get romantically involved w/ people who were very bad for me (and apparently, bad for anyone). It was really messing up my life. So I psychoanalyzed myself, for lack of a better way to put it. And of course, my childhood and my parents came to mind in ths process.

I heard somewhere that you tend to get involved romantically with someone who is like the parent you hadthe most problems or issues with.

When I 1st heard that years ago, I thought it was bunk but then I took a look @ the people I was "attracted" to and.. yeh..

It's true.

So I was basically addicted to.... BAD. It took me awhile to break that habit. It took the rosary and other kinds of prayers, plus talks with myself..

This is important because bad relationship are bad for your soul and what is bad for your soul can lead you to Hell.

mourningdove~

"Pray, and prepare ..."
Site Supporter
Dec 24, 2005
✟449,587.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
This is important because bad relationship are bad for your soul and what is bad for your soul can lead you to Hell.

The Bible addresses the subject:

"Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good character."
~ 1 Cor. 15:33

(Good for you, that, by the grace of God, you were able to kick the habit.)

• Agree
Reactions: Michie
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The Bible addresses the subject:

"Do not be deceived: Bad company corrupts good character."
~ 1 Cor. 15:33

(Good for you, that, by the grace of God, you were able to kick the habit.)
I learned that the hard way.

Now i avoid all people, even the good ones. I shouldn't but that is my natural go-to position. I have ptsd and trust no one. Trump doesnt either. I read a lot of books about him and his kids mention that he trusts no one. I mean, really, how can you anyway?

But anyway, it always helps to know WHY you do this or that or think the way you do. As someone once said

The unexamined life is not worth living

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Everyone planning on marrying should get to know the self fairly well. Of course you'll never know everything about yourself; only God does but yuo can know the most important things, like whether you can put up with a spouse who, say, looks (for more than a second or two) at the opposite gender all the time, even while in your presence... I mean, that would get OLD fast

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
And if you have the Holy Spiriit in your life, you will get answers to this (presumably).
If someone abides in Jesus, and Jesus abides in them, then they will ask what they will and the Father will grant it to them. IF they are not double-minded. Then they should expect nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
But anyway, it always helps to know WHY you do this or that or think the way you do. As someone once said
As someone said about what someone once said, that's baloney!

Obey Jesus. Be His Sheep. Listen to Jesus, not to someone. Follow Jesus wherever HE Goes, no matter the cost. Jesus is the only one able to grant you life ! Almost everyone else on earth will cause you to lose your life, if they can, and won't even give that a second thought !

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
I learned that the hard way.

Now i avoid all people, even the good ones. I shouldn't but that is my natural go-to position. I have ptsd and trust no one.
Who do you know who heals that ?

(no trust needed, btw) Rather trust Jesus, and see who HE directs to you, and do what is right.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I heard somewhere that you tend to get involved romantically with someone who is like the parent you had the most problems or issues with.
The abuse cycle is very common. Most of the time the relationship is very good and exciting. But then the abuse comes in and it get really bad. The police do not get involved unless there is enough injury for criminal charges. They pretty much just say there is the door, your free to leave. If you want to pack your stuff we will wait for you and help you to leave. Then I suppose they would advise a restraining order.

I have noticed as I get older that younger women are attracted to older men because they never really had a father. Also they are trying to break the abuse cycle and find older men can be less abusive then younger men.

Women pretty much only want one thing. Positive affirmation. That is what they are all looking for.

1715576624357.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
If someone abides in Jesus, and Jesus abides in them, then they will ask what they will and the Father will grant it to them. IF they are not double-minded. Then they should expect nothing, nada, zilch, zippo, zero.
but God knows when someone is double minded through no fault of his/her own. I have always struggled to trust God.. trust that He is love, as the Bible and Church teachings tell us.. so I was likely what you'd call double minded. But he understands all things about us. And I doubt he holds us fully accountable for psychological weaknesses that were... you know.. put upon us by bad parenting or other bad experiences. I likely have never trusted God much because I could never trust my family much.

• Prayers
Reactions: Aaron112
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The abuse cycle is very common. Most of the time the relationship is very good and exciting. But then the abuse comes in and it get really bad. The police do not get involved unless there is enough injury for criminal charges. They pretty much just say there is the door, your free to leave. If you want to pack your stuff we will wait for you and help you to leave. Then I suppose they would advise a restraining order.

I have noticed as I get older that younger women are attracted to older men because they never really had a father. Also they are trying to break the abuse cycle and find older men can be less abusive then younger men.

Women pretty much only want one thing. Positive affirmation. That is what they are all looking for.
I've read up on this cycle of abuse. Usually, th abuser doesn't stop abusing until... God knows when.. he loses everything over it? I can't u/stand why a man would hit a woman.. (bullying). I mean, that's cowardly since the woman is (usually) much weaker

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
p.s. there is almost always a cycle of deception/ deceivers/ false or wrong ideas
in our upbringing and lives, even in church.
As the Truth fills us, and what is wrong is driven out or renounced or given up,
there are good results.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Just for comparison...../ description of/

www.gotquestions.org/double-minded.html

Perhaps helpful ?
"......
If someone struggles with being double-minded, he or she should read, study, and memorize the Word, for it is the Word of God that produces faith (Romans 10:17). And he or she should pray for faith. God freely gives what is good to those who ask Him (Luke 11:9–12), "
I've read the entire Bible and keep on re-reading it.

I have also been less "double minded" through prayer, esp the rosary

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
but God knows when someone is double minded through no fault of his/her own. I have always struggled to trust God.. trust that He is love, as the Bible and Church teachings tell us.. so I was likely what you'd call double minded. But he understands all things about us. And I doubt he holds us fully accountable for psychological weaknesses that were... you know.. put upon us by bad parenting or other bad experiences. I likely have never trusted God much because I could never trust my family much.
Thanks for the prayers (that's what that symbol means, but I guess u know that?)

I pray for all posters here... though sometimes I forget. most of my prayers are at night when I can get away from all the craziness.. and then I'm tired so I fall asleep before I've prayed long

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trying to serve two gods is double minded. Those people doing that should expect nothing.

"Jesus declared, “No one can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other” (Matthew 6:24). God and the things of this world are of such opposite natures that it is impossible to love either one completely without hating the other. Those who try to love both will become unstable in all their ways."

from gotquestions.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Usually, the abuser doesn't stop abusing until... God knows when
I suffered a lot after my divorce and that is when I paid the price for having hurt the women I did. In my case it had a lot more to do with what I did not do that I should have done. There are sins of commission and sins of omission. So I try to treat people right because sooner or later life catches up with us. I do not have any enemies. People lock horns but I have never wanted to hurt anyone and no one has ever hurt me. At least not enough that I would have to go to the hospital. Real abuse is just that. Someone goes to the hospital and now a days someone goes to jail. Because the law does not tolerate that sort of abuse.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟76,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I likely have never trusted God much because I could never trust my family much.
That was an issue for me to understand Gods love as our Heavenly Father. My dad raised me on Dr Spook (Spock) and Dr Fraud. They were considered experts on how to raise children at the time. People want to be good parents, they just do not know how. Children do not come with a manual on how to raise them. Although I wish they did.

Upvote 0

Aaron112

Dec 19, 2022
TULSA
✟55,992.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Because the law does not tolerate that sort of abuse.
Many have realized at times, whether few or many, that the way the world's law(s) go, they cause exceedingly more problems including abuse than if they had not interfered.

Upvote 0