• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Scientist behind Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine says next target is cancer

Petros2015

Jun 23, 2016
undisclosed Bunker
✟293,055.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
You got the jab, did you not? Just checking in for proof of life.

I did indeed. No real side effects to speak of - a little fatigue starting about 8 hours after the first one, lasted about 12 hours. Sore arm for the 2nd one, enough to take some aspirin in the evening and maybe some fatigue the following day, that was about it.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I did indeed. No real side effects to speak of - a little fatigue starting about 8 hours after the first one, lasted about 12 hours. Sore arm for the 2nd one, enough to take some aspirin in the evening and maybe some fatigue the following day, that was about it.

I got mine on Saturday morning and my right arm is more sore now than when I got the shot. Makes laying on my right side while in bed very uncomfortable. I was told the soreness might last a day or two, but this is now day 5 with no improvement. It was the J&J vaccine.

Upvote 0

Macchiato

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2019
Ccccc
✟148,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I got mine on Saturday morning and my right arm is more sore now than when I got the shot. Makes laying on my right side while in bed very uncomfortable. I was told the soreness might last a day or two, but this is now day 5 with no improvement. It was the J&J vaccine.
Ah no. Im a bit suspiscious of J&J since the baby powder's have been linked to cancer. If i were to get the Covid vax shot it'd Moderna. Also OP im sorry you lost your mom to pancreatic cancer. My condolences.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

JS: I got the Moderna Vaccine, First shot sore arm and rash, exercise helped me get past that. Mild fever and aches last half a day. Second shot was worse, fever all night and next day, 98,5 at night and 103 during the day. Then I been fine.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JS: I got the Moderna Vaccine, First shot sore arm and rash, exercise helped me get past that. Mild fever and aches last half a day. Second shot was worse, fever all night and next day, 98,5 at night and 103 during the day. Then I been fine.

I'm sorry to hear your side effects were so bad. It's one of the reasons I decided to go for the shot when I heard it would be a J&J being offered. One shot is likely to have only half the risk of two.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm sorry to hear your side effects were so bad. It's one of the reasons I decided to go for the shot when I heard it would be a J&J being offered. One shot is likely to have only half the risk of two.

JS: I not from what I've heard. This more extreme the reaction according to some studies, the better the immune response. Its as if the vaccine put your immune system on high alert and it going all out.

This does not surprise me as I had a blood test about a month prior that showed I have a excellent immune system even though my diet is limited. It was because of my limited diet my doctor checked and even he was surprised. He suspects its because I work out so much and am so active. Eating lots of salads likely also helps.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JS: I not from what I've heard. This more extreme the reaction according to some studies, the better the immune response. Its as if the vaccine put your immune system on high alert and it going all out.

This does not surprise me as I had a blood test about a month prior that showed I have a excellent immune system even though my diet is limited. It was because of my limited diet my doctor checked and even he was surprised. He suspects its because I work out so much and am so active. Eating lots of salads likely also helps.

Hmmm. I have a pretty good immune system myself. Haven't been sick with anything at all for more than a year. Never got a flu shot but have only gotten the flu once (maybe twice) since flu shots were invented.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hmmm. I have a pretty good immune system myself. Haven't been sick with anything at all for more than a year. Never got a flu shot but have only gotten the flu once (maybe twice) since flu shots were invented.

JS: J & J is a different kind of shot, closer to the flu shot, less flexible but for healthy people its usually fine. My situation with my diet was why I did Moderna. Its better for people at slightly higher risk and it super charges your immune system and can be effective even with the changing virus at least to a point. Of course it it gets really bad they'll offer boaster to everyone.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
✟664,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
JS: J & J is a different kind of shot, closer to the flu shot, less flexible but for healthy people its usually fine. My situation with my diet was why I did Moderna. Its better for people at slightly higher risk and it super charges your immune system and can be effective even with the changing virus at least to a point. Of course it it gets really bad they'll offer boaster to everyone.

It also is said to have a higher effective rate of prevention compared to J&J. From what I've heard, it's 95% effective at blocking Covid while J&J is 63% or so.

Upvote 0

Joyous Song

Jun 5, 2020
Buffalo
✟46,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It also is said to have a higher effective rate of prevention compared to J&J. From what I've heard, it's 95% effective at blocking Covid while J&J is 63% or so.

JS: true, but J & J should be fine for those at lower risk and that number they gave was not that accurate, it included all their trials while the other two just included the last one. So the effectiveness is higher. I just do not know how high. Still it less flexible because its a virus based version is works only with the original virus and its close relatives. So when a booster is available you might want to get one. I will even though I will be somewhat covered. I don't want even to get a little sick, I have asthma.

Upvote 0

East of Eden

Feb 20, 2021
Albuquerque
✟36,726.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No vaccine for me, too much risk for a virus with a very small death rate, and almost all those related to previously existing underlying conditions. There is a long history of bad vaccines. If the Wuhan Flu vaccines are so safe why do the producers have a special exemption so they can't be sued? My wife already had the virus, and I think I did. The antibodies are supposed to be ad good as the vaccine.

And what good do current vaccines do against the Delta Variant? Even the CDC said recently we're only a couple mutations away from have current vaccines be useless.

Scientists are just as easily bought as politicians.

Upvote 0

Forest_Garden

Dec 7, 2020
Houston
✟3,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
pharmacuetical companies have runned monopolies over our lives. I can't say much about a genetic cancer vaccine. But until the science behind it becomes transparent to the public from reputable sources where ever those may be now. What we do know is that something like this with a patent and the public not being able to fully approach it with accurate information on the science so that it may be fully revealed, than we're just taking it on the word of a pharmaceutical company with a bad track record. Not that if another showed up would be any more trustworthy.

Upvote 0