Farmington
✟30,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed

Kuban, a settlement in Luhansk Oblast in eastern Ukraine, is 60 miles from the front line of Russia’s 27-month wider war on Ukraine. Normally well beyond the range of most of Ukraine’s anti-personnel weapons, it had been fairly safe for its Russian occupiers.

This helps to explain why, on or just before Wednesday, potentially hundreds of Russian troops gathered out in the open in a field near Kuban—apparently for training.

The problem, for the Russians, is the Army Tactical Missile System: an American-made precision-guided ballistic missile that, depending on the model, ranges as far as 190 miles and scatters at least hundreds—at most, nearly a thousand—grenade-size submunitions.

As the Russians milled about in broad daylight on that field outside Kuban, and a Ukrainian drone observed from high overhead, four of the two-ton ATACMS streaked down. One failed to explode. The other three popped open and scattered their lethal submunitions. Each rocket turned an area as wide as 2.5 acres into a nearly inescapable kill zone.

One of the ATACMS burst directly overhead a crowd of approximately 116 unprotected Russians. All of the Russians may have died in the rain of submunitions, according to the Institute for the Study of War in Washington, D.C.

The Wednesday strike may have been one of the bloodiest of the wider war. And it’s indicative of poor planning on the part of Russian commanders. They must have known such a strike had recently become possible—or even likely. Acquiring ATACMS from the United States, and then aiming them at the Russian army’s vulnerable rear area, has been one of Ukraine’s top military priorities in recent months.

The United States has belatedly obliged repeated Ukrainian requests for the powerful rockets.

This most likely makes the Bear mad...

Screenshot 2024-05-05 5.16.44 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: jacks

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Kuban, a settlement in Luhansk Oblast in eastern Ukraine, is 60 miles from the front line of Russia’s 27-month wider war on Ukraine. Normally well beyond the range of most of Ukraine’s anti-personnel weapons, it had been fairly safe for its Russian occupiers.

This helps to explain why, on or just before Wednesday, potentially hundreds of Russian troops gathered out in the open in a field near Kuban—apparently for training.

The problem, for the Russians, is the Army Tactical Missile System: an American-made precision-guided ballistic missile that, depending on the model, ranges as far as 190 miles and scatters at least hundreds—at most, nearly a thousand—grenade-size submunitions.
There are many variants of the ATACMS missiles including different ranges and payloads. It's good to see that we finally sent some of the cluster munitions type.
As the Russians milled about in broad daylight on that field outside Kuban, and a Ukrainian drone observed from high overhead, four of the two-ton ATACMS streaked down. One failed to explode. The other three popped open and scattered their lethal submunitions. Each rocket turned an area as wide as 2.5 acres into a nearly inescapable kill zone.

One of the ATACMS burst directly overhead a crowd of approximately 116 unprotected Russians. All of the Russians may have died in the rain of submunitions, according to the Institute for the Study of War in Washington, D.C.

The Wednesday strike may have been one of the bloodiest of the wider war.
There was a similar incident last year that probably killed a few hundred otherwise unprotected Russian soldiers in the rear areas at a training site or barracks.
And it’s indicative of poor planning on the part of Russian commanders. They must have known such a strike had recently become possible—or even likely.
Every military has it specialities, poor planning is what Russian commanders do best.
Acquiring ATACMS from the United States, and then aiming them at the Russian army’s vulnerable rear area, has been one of Ukraine’s top military priorities in recent months.

The United States has belatedly obliged repeated Ukrainian requests for the powerful rockets.

This most likely makes the Bear mad...
Russia used cluster munitions against civilians in Odesa and at least one other city in the last couple weeks. Russia has no fists left to shake in this area.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
There are many variants of the ATACMS missiles including different ranges and payloads. It's good to see that we finally sent some of the cluster munitions type.

There was a similar incident last year that probably killed a few hundred otherwise unprotected Russian soldiers in the rear areas at a training site or barracks.

Every military has it specialities, poor planning is what Russian commanders do best.

Russia used cluster munitions against civilians in Odesa and at least one other city in the last couple weeks. Russia has no fists left to shake in this area.
Agreed 100%. While I like @Kokavkrystallos as a person, and he is a great guy when it comes to his Bible studies, the pro-Russia stance gets old.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟309,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Agreed 100%. While I like @Kokavkrystallos as a person, and he is a great guy when it comes to his Bible studies, the pro-Russia stance gets old.
I didn't come for the bible studies and I won't stay for them either. Cheers.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn't come for the bible studies and I won't stay for them either. Cheers.
And that is alright. But the point I was making is that @Kokavkrystallos needs to stick to his niche that he is actually good at (in this case, Bible studies), instead of pushing Russian propaganda. And hey, both Christians and non-Christians agree that the Russian propaganda gets old real fast. Putin is just like Xi.

Opinion piece on 4 world leaders that are upsetting the world peace: Opinion | How Four Leaders Are Turning the World Upside Down

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This war stuff reminds me of this classic anime known as Memories (1995), where in part 3, a city is in a long war with another city. The solution: Stop fighting. Russia needs to back down.

Memories (1995) anime clip, 2 minutes

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yeah, it is surprising why Christians want to support a dictatorship such as the Putin regime. Putin's regime has destroyed hundreds of churches.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,205,436.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Yeah, it is surprising why Christians want to support a dictatorship such as the Putin regime. Putin's regime has destroyed hundreds of churches.

All that and any other tyrannical acts will be overlooked because he’s sufficiently hard on the gays.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All that and any other tyrannical acts will be overlooked because he’s sufficiently hard on the gays.
Yeah, Christians are told to love one another, yet at the same time, some of them spread hate. I am a Christian bi guy (who will remain celibate unless with a wife), but some folks do not like that I am bi. Luckily, my parents are understanding. Glad I am not in Russia, cos I am brown (Romani), Catholic, and bi.

Romani people in Russia are discriminated against: Romani diasporas are now more marginalised in Russia than in the late USSR

In 2020, Russia discussed a law so that all Russians must learn Russian Christianity, even if one is Catholic: Religious Repression in Putin’s Russia - Providence

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟165,490.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, Christians are told to love one another, yet at the same time, some of them spread hate. I am a Christian bi guy (who will remain celibate unless with a wife), but some folks do not like that I am bi. Luckily, my parents are understanding. Glad I am not in Russia, cos I am brown (Romani), Catholic, and bi.

Romani people in Russia are discriminated against: Romani diasporas are now more marginalised in Russia than in the late USSR

In 2020, Russia discussed a law so that all Russians must learn Russian Christianity, even if one is Catholic: Religious Repression in Putin’s Russia - Providence
I am sorry for that (but unsurprised). He has a willing sidekick in Patriarch Kirill of Moscow who declared in a 2009 statement, that there could be no doctrinal compromise with the Catholic Church. He supports the destruction of all Ukrainian church organisations except Russian Orthodox and has been censured by international ecumenical organisations.

For Putin and his disciples there is only one size bed. They will cut those who don't fit down to size.

• Informative
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟126,763.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I am sorry for that (but unsurprised). He has a willing sidekick in Patriarch Kirill of Moscow who declared in a 2009 statement, that there could be no doctrinal compromise with the Catholic Church. He supports the destruction of all Ukrainian church organisations except Russian Orthodox and has been censured by international ecumenical organisations.

For Putin and his disciples there is only one size bed. They will cut those who don't fit down to size.
Hey, thanks. :) It is horrific what Putin is doing. He is taking away religious freedoms.

Sadly, in 2023, Pope Francis sided with Russia: Vatican defends pope's praise of Russian empire after fury in Ukraine

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums