Riley Gaines threatens ‘legal action’ after being attacked by trans-rights activists during SF State speech

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_JAY

Not Well Known
Site Supporter
Mar 8, 2017
Central
✟492,410.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I find it interesting that you are not showing any form of outrage at this. Had this been a mob doing this to a black person I can't imagine what you would be saying.
Are you outraged because another person is not outraged? Curious

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
You have your opinion, and I respect that. Now what you think I think about the meaning of the word is your opinion.
No I'm stating a fact, not an opinion. You're using hybrid incorrectly as it refers to the offspring of two different species. If you maintain that you're not doing so with malicious intent, I'll take your word for it.

Reactions: Larniavc
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,951.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
No I'm stating a fact, not an opinion. You're using hybrid incorrectly as it refers to the offspring of two different species. If you maintain that you're not doing so with malicious intent, I'll take your word for it.
Thank you. I understand it this way
From google
2.of mixed character; composed of different elements.
"Mexico's hybrid post-conquest culture"

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you. I understand it this way
From google
2.of mixed character; composed of different elements.
"Mexico's hybrid post-conquest culture"
That's still, in essence, the same definition - take two disparate things and combine them to make a third distinct thing. Generally, when referring to living things, a "hybrid" is understood to mean a mixture of two species. For example, it would be a bit weird to refer to someone as a hybrid of their parents, right? Sure, it's technically correct, but it's not the standard usage. When you start using words outside of their standard usage, it's normal for people to wonder if you have any ulterior reason for doing so - especially when you take the time to include the standard terminology as well (e.g. "trans/hybrid").

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,951.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's still, in essence, the same definition - take two disparate things and combine them to make a third distinct thing. Generally, when referring to living things, a "hybrid" is understood to mean a mixture of two species. For example, it would be a bit weird to refer to someone as a hybrid of their parents, right? Sure, it's technically correct, but it's not the standard usage. When you start using words outside of their standard usage, it's normal for people to wonder if you have any ulterior reason for doing so - especially when you take the time to include the standard terminology as well (e.g. "trans/hybrid").
It is so confusing to those of us who see male and female as standard. When we refer to someone who is both, there is no "standard" lexicon of terms/pronouns etc.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,866.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Are you outraged because another person is not outraged? Curious
I think I said I find it interesting. It just goes to show how disingenuous the left is. They dont really care about violence. They just care about their ideology and they are happy to use and allow violence if that is needed.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,866.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Here's another example of trans violence including vandalism and assault.

Upvote 0

rjs330

CF Ambassadors
May 22, 2015
✟341,866.00
Faith
Pentecostal

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It is so confusing to those of us who see male and female as standard. When we refer to someone who is both, there is no "standard" lexicon of terms/pronouns etc.
The concept of a person being trans may be confusing to you, and I can understand that you might struggle to choose the "right" pronouns to use when speaking to or about a particular person, but I don't see how that makes it difficult to figure out what to call trans people in a general sense. Especially when you're combining (hybridizing, if you will) the known, accepted terminology with your own new terminology.

As an example, I struggle to understand why some people might choose to walk around without clothes on. But I'm aware that they're known as "nudists" - I don't call them "nudists/unclothed". If someone says "nudist," I know what it means, even if I find the concept a tad confusing.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟662,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's also another example of them not getting jail time for their crimes. Small wonder that it continues to happen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,951.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
The concept of a person being trans may be confusing to you, and I can understand that you might struggle to choose the "right" pronouns to use when speaking to or about a particular person, but I don't see how that makes it difficult to figure out what to call trans people in a general sense. Especially when you're combining (hybridizing, if you will) the known, accepted terminology with your own new terminology.

As an example, I struggle to understand why some people might choose to walk around without clothes on. But I'm aware that they're known as "nudists" - I don't call them "nudists/unclothed". If someone says "nudist," I know what it means, even if I find the concept a tad confusing.
T he term hybrid is not new terminology and I don't see why people don't want it combined with trans.

Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟662,373.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
T he term hybrid is not new terminology and I don't see why people don't want it combined with trans.
Because it "offends" them, and being offended means having power to control the actions and speech of those they don't like, which means setting the narrative and controlling that as well; thereby shutting down the discussion once they have had their say.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,951.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because it "offends" them, and being offended means having power to control the actions and speech of those they don't like, which means setting the narrative and controlling that as well; thereby shutting down the discussion once they have had their say.
But hybrids they are if they have had surgery or hormones to switch them from one gender to the opposite gender. The word hybrid is not an offensive term.We know what hybrid means. But trans is a fairly new term that most times has tto be written with the the terms man or woman and that creates misgendering.(by the way my spell checker says misgendering is not a word).

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
The term hybrid is not new terminology
It's not a new word, but your usage of it is new. I have never heard anyone use the term "hybrid" to describe a human - not even a person of mixed race, for which the term would make more sense from an etymological standpoint, though it would still be inaccurate.
and I don't see why people don't want it combined with trans.
A few reasons:

1. People don't generally appreciate it when other people who dislike them (or certain aspects about them) invent new names for them.
2. It's not accurate. A trans person is not a combination of a man and a woman (not any more than any other human is, anyways)
3. Because the term "trans" is perfectly adequate. What about a trans person is better explained by calling them a "hybrid" than by calling them trans or transgender?
But hybrids they are if they have had surgery or hormones to switch them from one gender to the opposite gender.
A hybrid is something that takes two distinct entities (or concepts - i.e. hybrid workplace) and combines them into a third distinct entity/concept that shares characteristics of the two parent entities/concepts. A trans person is not a hybrid because, in the process of transitioning, they do not combine with a second person to produce a third distinct person. They remain the same person as before, just with some changes. Would you call someone who has had a tattoo a hybrid? What about surgery to remove a growth? Or a kidney transplant (that's actually an arguable one, but I've never seen anyone do so)?
The word hybrid is not an offensive term.
Very few terms are offensive in and of themselves. It's the usage that makes them offensive.
But trans is a fairly new term that most times has tto be written with the the terms man or woman and that creates misgendering.(by the way my spell checker says misgendering is not a word).
If you aren't sure or don't wish to misgender someone who is trans, you can call them a "trans person".

And "trans" itself is a Latin prefix meaning "through, across, or beyond" - it's used extensively in the English language: transfer, transportation, trans-continental, trans-Atlantic, and many more: Words with the prefix "trans-" (1,000 results)

The meaning of the word "Transgender" should be abundantly clear to anyone with a basic understanding of etymology and the English language.

Last edited:
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

RocksInMyHead

May 12, 2011
PA
✟325,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
It seems you do not understand biology.
How does calling a person a person demonstrate a lack of biological knowledge? It's a gender-neutral term to describe a human being. You could also go with "trans human", but that has some different connotations already (Transhumanism - Wikipedia).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
How many people have to be killed for you to accept the truth.
My point, which was perfectly clear, is that anecdotes and single data points aren't statistics. Anyone can scour the news wires and claim something is a trend.
Would you consider the shooting to be a lie?
If you're going to ask insipid questions, I'm just going to quote myself.

You asserted: Well as we are seeing the transgenders are getting more aggressive and more violent.
I replied: All you need to do is cite a statistic demonstrating that to be a fact.
I could find more if you needed.
I'm sure you could. The question is do you understand the difference between individual data points and a statistic.
How long are you going to perpetuate a lie? The eradication of transgender people? You are either ignorant or perpetuating something you know is a lie. Which is it?
Please don't accuse me of lying.

"For the good of society - transgenderism must be eradicated from public life entirely..." Daily Wire contributor Michael Knowles.
You perpetuate another lie on school shootings. No one has shrugged it away.
This is shrug. Don't tell me it's not
>> “It’s a horrible, horrible situation,” Burchett told reporters. “And we’re not gonna fix it. Criminals are gonna be criminals.”

“My daddy fought in the Second World War, fought in the Pacific, fought the Japanese, and he told me … ‘Buddy, if somebody wants to take you out and doesn’t mind losing their life, there’s not a whole heck of a lot you can do about it,’” he added. <<
When you stop perpetuating lies then we can be free to consider your views.
The only lie being perpetuated in this thread is the claim that I'm perpetuating lies.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟317,232.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Would you as a Christian like to be described as being in an admittedly big Cult?

It’s the kind of thing someone might say if they wanted to disparage who you are while hiding behind the excuse of ‘but that’s what I think that word means’.

It’s passive aggression.

Upvote 0

Handmaid for Jesus

You can't steal my joy
Site Supporter
Dec 19, 2010
enroute
✟1,414,951.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Would you as a Christian like to be described as being in an admittedly big Cult?

It’s the kind of thing someone might say if they wanted to disparage who you are while hiding behind the excuse of ‘but that’s what I think that word means’.

It’s passive aggression.
I AM a Christian. I Am a woman. There is no ambiguity. People, especially people who say they are atheist ,hate us and they hate our Lord Jesus Christ. I am use to it. Now I do not hate the hybrids. But I have compassion for them because they have been duped into believing they were born into the wrong gendered body. But they are born fearfully and wonderfully made and nobody tells them that. Then, they get angry with the world, they hate that the mutilated their bodies but they blame other people. Some are trying to dissuade others from making the same mistake that they made and I really applaud that. Here is a case in point.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.