Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How can we judge who will or who won't accept the message?

We can't, but we have evidence through scripture that all of those that God gave to Jesus WILL come to him (John 6:37). Most of those that God gave to Jesus will not accept the gospel, and are preaching false doctrines, due to their lack of knowledge. and this does not prohibit them from receiving their eternal inheritance.

Christ's doctrine is the only true doctrine, and all of the many other doctrines are false doctrines. These truths are evidenced in the two gates in Matt 7, and Ezk 10.

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Yes that’s true. I’ve heard them often say that God’s elect in the far reaches of the jungle who never hear of Christ are just as saved as those who do hear. Sad to be sure. That is why I am waiting to hear what Will says about it.

Take, for example, the native American Indian before they were subjected to any teaching of the gospel.

The natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit, neither can he know them, thinking them to be foolishness. (1 Cor 2:14)

The natural man, as we all were when we were born, by natural birth, into this world, dead in sins inherited from Adam.(Rom 5:12)

A person must be born again spiritually, by God's grace, (Eph 2:1-5) before they can believe in spiritual things that are revealed to them by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Luke 10:27).

Now, getting back to the native American Indian, According to history, some of them believed in a higher spiritual being (God). They also believed when they died that they would go to a happy hunting place (heaven). They did not know about Jesus, but did believe that there was a God, which was revealed to them, by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, after they were born again of the Spirit of God.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The Primitive baptist do not believe that you have to join the church to be saved (delivered) here in time.

Are you a Primitive Baptist?

Because some of what you're saying has never come out of my husband's mouth ..

Do you want me to ask the Primitive Baptist Pastor for the thread what any official position is?

Because it's looking like you're throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks... (Apparently for years).

I can walk over to the meeting house next time they are here at our church...or just ask my husband. He was born and raised primitive Baptist.

I believe they absolutely and 200% believe in Christ alone for salvation. Deeply deeply Calvinist they are. Deeply. That means TULIP.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
...meaning God decreed the elect would be saved without the use of means. (ex. preaching of the Gospel)

This is true. Those who were saved eternally were those that his Father gave him to redeem them from their sins, and Jesus said that he would lose none of them, but would raise them up at the last day (John 6 : 37-40).

Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Are you a Primitive Baptist?

Because what you're saying has never come out of my husband's mouth ..

Do you want me to ask the Primitive Baptist Pastor for the thread what any official position is?

Because it's looking like you're throwing ideas at the wall to see what sticks...

I can walk over to the meeting house next time they are here at our church...or just ask my husband. He was born and raised primitive Baptist.

Is your husband a Primitive Baptist Elder?

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've been listening to Primitive Baptists via podcasts and it's clear they believe in election, however, it also seems they do not believe in salvation through faith, rather, by decree.

Is that correct?

Yours in the Lord,

jm
That's not true, at least not in my baptist church. INTOUCH, Dr. Charles stanley

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That's not true, at least not in my baptist church. INTOUCH, Dr. Charles stanley

Dr. Charles Stanley is NOT a primitive Baptist.

Primitive Baptists are similar to 1689 Particular Baptists with only a few key differences... They are both reformed Baptist in theology which follows Spurgeon and the like.

Primitive Baptist is just a little more Calvinist than that, in my experience.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟359,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

Primitive Baptists are similar to Particular Baptists with only a few key differences... They are both reformed Baptist in theology which follows Spurgeon and the like.
Agreed?

• Friendly
Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married

Primitive Baptists are similar to 1689 Particular Baptists with only a few key differences... They are both reformed Baptist in theology which follows Spurgeon and the like.

Primitive Baptist is just a little more Calvinist than that, in my experience.

Does your husband believe that the elect, that have been born again, are the only people that will repent of breaking one of God's laws?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,092.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Does your husband believe that the elect, that have been born again, are the only people that will repent of breaking one of God's laws?

I don't know. It's not something he's ever mentioned.

But it should be said he's not a Primitive Baptist anymore. He was born and raised Primitive Baptist, (in the church right here by us) but wasn't spirit filled and baptized until he was in adult attendance of a 1689 Particular church.

It was when they tried getting him to pastor that he kinda ran like Jonah...

But knowing the faith? That's not his issue... He's got that better than anyone I've ever heard speak about Christ. It's the responsibility of it.

He can tell you what they believe though... He knows if you want me to ask or clarify something.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frosty Cook

Aug 27, 2019
Comanche
✟21,638.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
I don't know. It's not something he's ever mentioned.

But it should be said he's not a Primitive Baptist anymore. He was born and raised Primitive Baptist, (in the church right here by us) but wasn't spirit filled and baptized until he was in adult attendance of a 1689 Particular church.

It was when they tried getting him to pastor that he kinda ran like Jonah...

But knowing the faith? That's not his issue... He's got that better than anyone I've ever heard speak about Christ. It's the responsibility of it.

He can tell you what they believe though... He knows if you want me to ask or clarify something.

Does your husband believe that the born again elect are the only ones that will repent of breaking one of God's laws?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums