inverness
✟75,631.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
hi im jason i need help as im 19 but dont feel sorry for my sins and dont feel conviction but i do still want to go to heaven i dont know if im unforgivable or not. and i got ocd and i thought n my head for a second the pharises are right and instantly felt something leave i felt scareed and dont know if i can be saved

theoneandonlypencil

Partial preterist, dispensationalist molinist
Oct 11, 2019
A place
✟60,813.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For one, the fact that you're even worried about this matter--even more so that you're reaching out for help about it--means that you do feel some kind of conviction.

I struggle with intrusive thoughts myself, and it's helpful to know first and foremost that these thoughts are not from you. God has known you since you were in the womb; he knows what's in your heart, and what makes you who you are. An uninvited thought in your head from the enemy is not going to snatch you from our Father's hand.

In any case, the best thing I can recommend is to read scripture. Relax, get to know God. When you pray, speak to God as if you were speaking to a person; tell him your worries and anxieties, and leave things to him.

John 3:15-17

15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,009,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For one, the fact that you're even worried about this matter--even more so that you're reaching out for help about it--means that you do feel some kind of conviction.

This is true, @jasonMalloy1999 .

and i got ocd and i thought n my head for a second the pharises are right and instantly felt something leave i felt scareed and dont know if i can be saved
An uninvited thought in your head from the enemy is not going to snatch you from our Father's hand.

And take heed of this also, Jason. Since you mentioned having ocd with this kind of thing, keep in mind the possibility that that very ocd may cause you eventually have a new, fearful thought in response to @theoneandonlypencil 's admonition that your uninvited thoughts cannot cause you to lose your salvation or anything like that against your very will (Jesus' blood is far, FAR more powerful than that, and your desire is obviously to believe in Him rather than reject Him). For example, since one's ocd naturally causes them to worry for the worst-case scenario in things, so it is possible you may have a new thought after being comforted by @theoneandonlypencil 's assurance that your uninvited thoughts may at heart be willing on your part rather than uninvited after all, like secretly your true nature reject Christ rather than clings to Him. After hearing that your thoughts are uninvited, that they cannot snatch you from God's hand, your ocd may cause you to start wondering: but what if it they aren't against my will? What if I actually like the bad thoughts? I do not warn you about this to scare you, but rather in hopes that you will be prepared for that possible scenario ahead of time, so that any new fearful thoughts will not catch you off-guard, causing you to worry anew over them and perpetuating your fear as a result in an endless cycle like obsessive-compulsiveness leads us. I speak from personal experience, believe me.

Upvote 0

LiquidCat

Nov 14, 2019
Warsaw
✟10,163.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
hi im jason i need help as im 19 but dont feel sorry for my sins and dont feel conviction but i do still want to go to heaven i dont know if im unforgivable or not. and i got ocd and i thought n my head for a second the pharises are right and instantly felt something leave i felt scareed and dont know if i can be saved

First It's in human sinful nature to sin and we do it daily most of the time not even realising it.

Second you are feeling conviction by Holy Spirit because you feel bothered of commiting unforgivable sin so that's the proof of itself that God is personally dealing with you through Holy Spirit as you feel grief of thinking these bad things you did.

Third since you feel guilt you havent commited unforgivable sin , also one sin is not greater than other you commited for example you telling a lie in work to avoid angry boss is just as bad as somebody who commited murder in eyes of God since he sees only perfection and sin there is no middle ground that's why Christ lived perfect life and died for all sin and salvation is free gift which he has given us . By grace you are saved through faith , grace means undeserved so as long as you have faith that Christ is messiah and died for your sins you are saved and secure , will go to heaven when you die

Sources below worth reading :
1 Corinthians 15:1-4
Ephesians 1:13-14 , Ephesians 2:8-9

James 2:10 , Romans 3:23 , Romans 3:10

edit. Forgot to add that for a Christian it is simply impossible to commit unforgivable sin if you would like for me to elaborate why then it would be too long here maybe in personall message.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Hello Jason, thanks for being honest. That is the first step to being saved. Being sorry for sin is much overrated. God knows that mostly we are sorry for the consequences that we suffer or fear we might suffer. Do you know what conviction is? Most people do not. God requires that you agree with His judgement on sin. Those who sin have no way of getting into heaven by their own efforts, promises to do better, resolutions to change or any other human means. If we could save ourselves then Jesus would not have needed to die. Now if you will agree with God that you are a sinner, you are on the right track. If you then agree that you have no hope of saving yourself, you are a step closer. You must then accept God's way of saving you. If you accept God's gift of salvation by the death of His Son, Jesus, on the cross, as full payment for your sins, then you are forgiven. If you owed someone a billion dollars, how would you pay? Would it not be wonderful if someone else paid your debt? We owe God a debt that we cannot pay. Lord Jesus paid the debt that He did not owe. All you have to do is accept God's gift. You also need to turn away from the way of life that got you into trouble in the first place. God requires our willingness, He can do the rest. There is much more. I suggest that you take a look at the articles on this web site:

The Way - Christian Life Frankston

They will help you understand what the Christian life is about.

Upvote 0
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟75,631.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

And take heed of this also, Jason. Since you mentioned having ocd with this kind of thing, keep in mind the possibility that that very ocd may cause you eventually have a new, fearful thought in response to @theoneandonlypencil 's admonition that your uninvited thoughts cannot cause you to lose your salvation or anything like that against your very will (Jesus' blood is far, FAR more powerful than that, and your desire is obviously to believe in Him rather than reject Him). For example, since one's ocd naturally causes them to worry for the worst-case scenario in things, so it is possible you may have a new thought after being comforted by @theoneandonlypencil 's assurance that your uninvited thoughts may at heart be willing on your part rather than uninvited after all, like secretly your true nature reject Christ rather than clings to Him. After hearing that your thoughts are uninvited, that they cannot snatch you from God's hand, your ocd may cause you to start wondering: but what if it they aren't against my will? What if I actually like the bad thoughts? I do not warn you about this to scare you, but rather in hopes that you will be prepared for that possible scenario ahead of time, so that any new fearful thoughts will not catch you off-guard, causing you to worry anew over them and perpetuating your fear as a result in an endless cycle like obsessive-compulsiveness leads us. I speak from personal experience, believe me.
i feel bad as i still cant feel sorry but i hope god will allow me to enter heaven

Upvote 0

Dropout_Theologian

Not an ant in God's glorious library.
Site Supporter
Feb 19, 2018
Southern United States
✟64,567.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Believe and do good. I'm convinced that belief saves us, and good works prepares us for Christ's judgment. And it's reasonable things that you must do-- caring for the poor, orphans, widows, sick, etc. May I do your will, Lord.

• Friendly
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Sep 27, 2019
inverness
✟75,631.71
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

im aware lol i got a new one

Upvote 0