People claim to want Jesus for president, but would they really?

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus would get rid of gay marriage.

So there's that.

No abortions EVER. Jesus knows it is bogus to claim that a pregnant woman will die unless she murders her child. Well, there was that Gianna Molla story but that is rare. Even so, murder is murder.

Jesus would tell the illegals to immigrate LEGALLY because he recognized that we need LAWS. I mean that's kind of a no brainer thing: society needs to have law and order

And I could go on and on. But in any case, we can't have Jesus so Trump is the next best or virtually the next best thing. .. just saying

:)

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟350,760.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green

So there's that.
Not something that was ever discussed in the Gospels so we have no idea what his reaction would be.
No abortions EVER. Jesus knows it is bogus to claim that a pregnant woman will die unless she murders her child. Well, there was that Gianna Molla story but that is rare. Even so, murder is murder.
Once again, the issue of abortion was never once raised in the Gospels, and the times it was mentioned in the Old Testament had to do with somebody else causing a woman to have a miscarriage. So once again, there is no way to judge what Jesus would have thought.
Jesus would tell the illegals to immigrate LEGALLY because he recognized that we need LAWS. I mean that's kind of a no brainer thing: society needs to have law and order
This one we actually can follow Jesus' example. He broke laws ALL the time, because his number one concern was love and compassion, not legalism.
And I could go on and on. But in any case, we can't have Jesus so Trump is the next best or virtually the next best thing. .. just saying

I find it odd that you consider Trump to be the next best thing to Jesus. His behavior and attitudes couldn't be any more different from Jesus.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟255,184.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single

So there's that.

-

Trump is no where close to being the next best thing, he is a liar just like Joe Biden. America fail to elect a president that would have helped this county back when Ron Paul ran, but stupid voters wanted to vote in another liar.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not something that was ever discussed in the Gospels so we have no idea what his reaction would be.
If you accept the concept of the Trinity, then yes, we do know what His reaction would be. He's already told us.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Maybe stick to things that Jesus actually talked about...
There is a passage in the New T that says that if everything Jesus did and said were to be written down, it is doubtful all the books in the world could contain it all

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
-

Trump is no where close to being the next best thing, he is a liar just like Joe Biden. America fail to elect a president that would have helped this county back when Ron Paul ran, but stupid voters wanted to vote in another liar.
so what is the lie Trump said?

He exaggerates, but if that is "lying,"

you should listen to what the Ds in Congress say! :argh:

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
There is a passage in the New T that says that if everything Jesus did and said were to be written down, it is doubtful all the books in the world could contain it all

Agreed, but that doesn't mean that we can take whatever thoughts are in our heads and pretend that Jesus said he agrees with us.

Upvote 0

Tuur

Oct 12, 2022
Southeast
✟51,808.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Agreed, but that doesn't mean that we can take whatever thoughts are in our heads and pretend that Jesus said he agrees with us.
That includes ignoring what God the Father has said. There's nothing quite like taking your own presuppositions and comparing them to what the bible actually says - and yes, that's from uncomfortable experience.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,145,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Right, I'm sure that Jesus said quite a bit more than what is actually recorded/reported, but do we want to venture a guess that Jesus addressed what was to become 21st century American politics

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Right, I'm sure that Jesus said quite a bit more than what is actually recorded/reported, but do we want to venture a guess that Jesus addressed what was to become 21st century American politics
I know that I hate certain public policies like abortion on demand.

Therefore I vote Republican

• Agree
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
It's ridiculous to expect some candidate running for president to be a canonizable saint.

We have 2 choices

That's it. Whine all you want that that is unfair and etc.. etc but it happens to be

well, you know, that thingy a lot of people can't abide, namely REALITY

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,145,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know that I hate certain public policies like abortion on demand.

Therefore I vote Republican

Well, of course. I don't think most Christians are all-out advocates of "abortion on demand." I know I'm not, even though I think there are emergency exceptions that make up probably less than 1% of abortion cases in the U.S.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Well, of course. I don't think most Christians are all-out advocates of "abortion on demand." I know I'm not, even though I think there are emergency exceptions that make up probably less than 1% of abortion cases in the U.S.
It is murder regardless of the reason for the abortion, or alleged reason.

If it is a rape situation.. Was it the child's fault the father raped the mother? Why should the child be executed?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,145,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is murder regardless of the reason for the abortion, or alleged reason.

If it is a rape situation.. Was it the child's fault the father raped the mother? Why should the child be executed?

At least we know who is willing to impose further psychological trauma on the already traumatized, and in the name of Jesus in order to do it.

Upvote 0

Adam56

Nov 4, 2023
Nashville
✟25,956.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Jesus mentioned Lot’s wife:
Luke 17:32
Remember Lot’s wife.

Clear condemnation of Sodom and Gomorrah.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟350,760.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
Jesus mentioned Lot’s wife:
Luke 17:32
Remember Lot’s wife.

Clear condemnation of Sodom and Gomorrah.
That is a Reed Richards level stretch . Let's look at that scripture in fuller context shall we?

30 “It will be just like this on the day the Son of Man is revealed. 31 On that day no one who is on the housetop, with possessions inside, should go down to get them. Likewise, no one in the field should go back for anything. 32 Remember Lot’s wife! 33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it.
It was said in the context of the expected behavior of the disciples once Jesus was revealed in full glory. Sodom was mentioned yes, but because of the sudden and unexpected nature of its destruction. That's how sudden the second coming will be, and Lot's wife was included as a warning not to desire the things left behind. The story of Sodom and Gamorrah also isn't a clear condemnation of homosexuality, but I can't really go into that.

• Agree
Reactions: PloverWing
Upvote 0