Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
ok, ending post up.

obviously the new RPG will include Quennith's journey. I'll follow up on Iruen with his progress in Peria, and might give a new direction to Orrifice and Xer (if their players wanted).

so.. you have a choice of making up new characters or bring back the old ones. Now for plot outline..

The bad guys ruling over the orcs and trolls and assorted dark creatures in Anserak have been extending their influence over Peria for years before the cult made its first appearance. Now the Empire of Peria, allegedly a nation of God, is slowly being drawn into a dark whirlwind as the forces of darkness infiltrate the Empire, taking over positions of various ranks. The trouble is, no one is aware of this. The whole attention of the church, the elves and the government is turned on the cult and the lost book of El Iruen's bringing over.

Meanwhile, (this is cyberwing's new RPG idea, if given the nods from both sides, we'll merge the two RPGs) the evil dragons are attempting to exterminate the silver dragons who have decided to switch sides and redeem themselves of their wrongdoings. The silver dragons currently have an alliance with the dwarves and are residing over in the Calkai mountains but the evil dragons are searching them out. Once they find them, they will proceed to destroy their eggs. Two human children whose parents were killed in an accident around the area have been taken in and raised by the silver dragons. After eighteen years, the siblings (a brother and sister) have grown up and are helping the dragons to set up camouflages and defenses.

My rational behind the merge is that since the evil dragons should be in league with the bad guys in Anserak, their attempt to kill off the silver dragons is one of the objectives the bad guys are trying to achieve.

there're several options players can choose:

1. Play a character in Peria. Preferably someone with rank, as the concentration will be on internal conflicts. It doesn't matter whether the rank is low or high.

2. Play a character in the Calkai mountain region. Dwarf or human or any other races stumbling across this event and help (or oppose) the silver dragons.

3. Play a character in Hrestanin. Anyone other than Lady_Firehawk will have to choose an elf. The elf may be a native of Hrestanin, who may journey with Quennith when Mikel is healed and has recovered enough to leave. The elf may be one from the outside, bringing news of the dragons, the unrest in Peria or the news of the lost book of El (and the cult).
(Lady_Firehawk's characters are Telgon, Quennith and Mikel, journeying to Hrestanin from the last RPG to seek healer's help for Mikel, who is suffering from brain damages).

4. Play a character from the rest of the kingdoms, who will either set foot in Peria or Calkai mountain and get drawn into the spreading conflicts.

i'm not sure whether there's going to be a war yet.. perhaps there'll be one as the RPG gains momentum, and then the dragons can come help.
got any ideas? just speak up. :)

Upvote 0

Buskanaka

Hold me in your arms, never let me run away
Oct 8, 2003
Bathurst
Visit site
✟16,878.00
Faith
Christian
what's the link between Hrestanin and the action in Peria? Is there one?
confused.gif

*whispers to blessed* just quietly. I think it's Teglon, not Telgon...

sounds good though. My nod is given.

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I had to go and post my final thingy... something really short and sweet (Basically just a thank you to Kaelin) but it doesn't change much... she merely thanked him for his help and gave him a nice little farewell. Contrary to what I had originally thought would happen, she is starting to find her faith.

I definitely have my hands full with my three, but since they pretty much always stick together they're almost like one unit... between them and semi-GMing Portals of Destruction I'm one busy RPer. :D Quennith is great with information and will probably serve as a chronicler/information-gatherer, I'll probably get Teglon involved with some cool religious stuff (I've decided that he comes from a family that's produced a lot of Clerics) and I'm not sure about Mikel... we'll have to see!

Nice idea with the dragons! Sounds intriguing! And hopefully we'll find out way more about that cult!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh.. *furtive look* thanks Bus..

what's the link between Hrestanin and the action in Peria?

nothing much. Since Teglon might go and be a cleric, the three may end up leaving for Peria.. but that depends on LF, and since Quennith is a Sal Kadedin, as LF said, she might gather information from Peria for her own country. As for other players playing elves.. they'll probably have to leave.. um, yeah you're right, there isn't much connection unless we bring the dark elves in (remember O'reean in Rossessila?) but that might be too confusing with one story happening in three places at once. Depends on how many players we get.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello everyone, nice to meet you all. I am Cyberwing. I enjoy writing and helping other writers hone their potential.
~Cyberwing :wave:

Okay here is what I have outlined so far:

I would like to start a thread using Silver dragons, close to the whites in that they are smaller but these dragons are attempting to redeem their own kind. The evil dragons have tried to kill them off by finding and destroying the clutches of eggs. (*The Silvers are swift and deadly fighters so the other dragons fear facing them in battle.) So there are few around but there is a community in the Calkai Mountains and they have a secret.

Long ago a family was traveling into the mountains to hunt wild sheep herds, both parents were killed in a rock slide but the two children survived. The Silver dragons found them and took them in. With occasional dwarven help, the children have flourished. Eighteen years have passed and now the brother and sister are grown and help the Silvers camoflauge and protect their clutches.

*****I will need someone to write the male character for the brother. I will write the sister and the Silver dragons for now. ***********

I can certainly work this storyline into any other, I look forward to working with you all. From one writer to another!
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean post #268?? Yes, I saw it but thought I would reiterate, introduce myself and ask someone if they would be interested in taking the brother's character.... Did I do something amiss?? :( :sorry: if I did....please forgive.
~Cyberwing

Upvote 0

Paladin44

HaloBlade44
Mar 30, 2003
Oswego, IL 60543
Visit site
✟15,453.00
Faith
Christian
If it's alright, I wouldn't mind throwing Aiami in as a good guy, but she won't be one of the main characters, she'll just help whenever she comes across one of them.
And by the way, sorry for my recent disappearance, there's some virus or spyware or something on our computer, and we're in the process of eliminating it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
not at all cyberwing, just wondering. :) Anyhow, do you want this presented as one RPG (all infor in one recruitment thread) or two RPG (two ooc threads) related to each other? i'm just concerned that if it's presented as one RPG, we might be competing against each other to pull for players. I'd rather like them to join both if possible.
um.. it depends on how big a scope your part is. Do you intend to draw the dwares in as well? or is it just two siblings fighting to help the dragons?

and here's more infor.. i just thought the infor before isn't enough to work on..
by the way, i'm changing this:

The trouble is, no one is aware of this.
so yes, basically the people of Peria know something's afoot, but they're not sure who the troublemakers are and the extent of their influence as yet. (makes it easier to start the RPG)

Fractions in Peria

1. The infiltrators from Anserak in: the church, the government and the military

2. Cult

3. Intelligence (the resistance group): consisting of Sal Kadedins and Perians

More background infor and questions to be answered in the RPG:

A new person sits in place of the old head of the church who has been displaced by the dissenters. The church is currently thrown into chaos upon Iruen's arrival..

Members of the intelligence have been disappearing mysteriously. Most of the missing members are those getting close to the information they want, and they include nobles as well as commons. Intelligence working in alliance with Sal Kadedin is yet to find out the people behind this..

The government has issued a new order, seeking peace deals with Anserak that allows the Anserak people (orcs and trolls and ...) to enter Peria unmolested. A new decree also states that the cult is allowed to preach their god freely. Many suspect the King has gone mad, yet more suspect a person is pulling the strings and that the King has been imprisoned; but another rumour has it that he has escaped. The court of Peria (people who manage the kingdom) is becoming as dangerous as the court of Vareisia and assasination is no longer uncommon.

In the military, soldiers in high positions are bickering among themselves. While some advocate the King's peace deal, others are planning to outline defences against a flood of Anserak habitants. Tension is high among the two camps but traitors can lurk in both sides..

oh yes, we need a name for the cult. Suggestions?

Paladin, you can keep Aiami as the bad guy. I'm not sure how much help mages can be, except that they can solve everything so quickly using mana.. unless we've two fractions of mages against each other or that the mages decide to stay out of this but one or two individuals refuse to do so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Blessed-one

a long journey ahead
Jan 30, 2002
Australia
Visit site
✟25,777.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
oh, and there's a matter of character control.. should we do it the way we did in "The Lost Key"? all right, i admit we haven't been keeping it minimum since we were trying to move the story along.. especially with players who disappear for weeks. Perhaps we can keep it minimum this time.

and should we impose a 'no one line' post rule? one line posts vex me for some reason..

Upvote 0

Lady_Firehawk

With new mint flavor crystals!
Mar 20, 2004
Evergreen State College
✟10,685.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Cult name, eh? How about "Rosyen and the Pussycats?" ;)

Naaaah, really... How about something like... ohhh, The Violet Hand? Violet for rulership... heheheh.

Anyway... looks like once Mikel's recovered, then Teglon, Mikel and Quennith will all have major interests here. :) Mikel will probably end up with one massive grudge against the cult, Quennith will definitely find a place working with intelligence (songs are great for concealing information :) ) and possibly Teglon's sudden calling to the clergy happened so he could have a role trying to unsnarl the chaos. Maybe the cultists are trying to get Mikel over to their side, though, seeing as he has such a strong will... maybe someone close to the three is actually a cultist sympathizer, sees Mikel's situation and tries to get him kidnapped so the cultists could, ahem, reprogram him with their objectives.

Complicating a journey to get healing with a rescue attempt... I'm evil, I know! :p

Character control-- I dunno... but one-line posts do indeed suck!

Upvote 0