Of course your past, present, and future sins are already forgiven! (Moved)

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I Timothy 4:1
“THE SPIRIT SPEAKETH EXPRESSLY, THAT IN THE LATTER TIMES, SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH, GIVING HEED TO SEDUCING SPIRITS AND DOCTRINES OF DEVILS, SPEAKING LIES IN HYPOCRISY, AND HAVING THEIR CONSCIENCES SEARED WITH A HOT IRON...”

Some can 'depart from the faith'... and one of the ways to do that is to think one can be a servant of sin, and not be doomed even though they are a 'servant of sin'. Some say that one can never backslide, and even if that is true, then if they become servants of sin, they were never saved to begin with. If one can backslide, it is due to turning away from the salvation Jesus provided, becoming a servant of sin so long that they reject Jesus. Either way, one who condones sin, who feels no regret and repentance for sin is 'departed from the faith.'

One of the signs of this is listed in that passage also... 'their consciences seared with a hot iron'. They no longer feel conviction for sin, they condone it, or justify it. They do not continue to have a repentant (change of mind) heart about sin. It is enjoyed and not repented of if they have no conscience to tell them it is wrong.

Some people to not feel guilt, they do not worry about a judgment for sin, and to have a conscience that is seared to insensitivity to sin.

The gnostic sect tells mankind, that the God of the Old Testament is an evil God, and gave the commandments, so they too are evil. Breaking them is good, according to the gnostics. That idea is becoming more and more prevalent in the churches of today.

Some today, including the gnostics, preach a doctrine of ‘no judgment’ and no need for repentance or regret for sins committed after a supposed salvation. This denies the atoning work of the Lord that was to make them a new creation, and Christ-like, not satan like.

The adherents of that heresy, will denigrate, attack, and belittle any who mention hell, judgment, repentance, or even the word ‘sin’.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
1 Peter 4:18
“If it is hard for the righteous to be saved, what will happen to the ungodly and the sinner?”

But they were born again of an incorruptable seed says Peter.

Say, would you mind chatting Hebrews and the eternal forgiveness aspect? Thanks.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
“THE SPIRIT SPEAKETH EXPRESSLY, THAT IN THE LATTER TIMES, SOME SHALL DEPART FROM THE FAITH, GIVING HEED TO SEDUCING SPIRITS AND DOCTRINES OF DEVILS, SPEAKING LIES IN HYPOCRISY, AND HAVING THEIR CONSCIENCES SEARED WITH A HOT IRON...”

Some can 'depart from the faith'... and one of the ways to do that is to think one can be a servant of sin, and not be doomed even though they are a 'servant of sin'. Some say that one can never backslide, and even if that is true, then if they become servants of sin, they were never saved to begin with. If one can backslide, it is due to turning away from the salvation Jesus provided, becoming a servant of sin so long that they reject Jesus. Either way, one who condones sin, who feels no regret and repentance for sin is 'departed from the faith.'

One of the signs of this is listed in that passage also... 'their consciences seared with a hot iron'. They no longer feel conviction for sin, they condone it, or justify it. They do not continue to have a repentant (change of mind) heart about sin. It is enjoyed and not repented of if they have no conscience to tell them it is wrong.

Some people to not feel guilt, they do not worry about a judgment for sin, and to have a conscience that is seared to insensitivity to sin.

The gnostic sect tells mankind, that the God of the Old Testament is an evil God, and gave the commandments, so they too are evil. Breaking them is good, according to the gnostics. That idea is becoming more and more prevalent in the churches of today.

Some today, including the gnostics, preach a doctrine of ‘no judgment’ and no need for repentance or regret for sins committed after a supposed salvation. This denies the atoning work of the Lord that was to make them a new creation, and Christ-like, not satan like.

The adherents of that heresy, will denigrate, attack, and belittle any who mention hell, judgment, repentance, or even the word ‘sin’.

You are kind of doing the same thing again, yes, there are rerobates, I know, but what is the writer of Hebrews saying?

Does Jeus have to suffer often?

Yes, to save time, we know there is Rom 6, teaching us about grace, and how to live.

But what about my eternal priest's blood, my eternal redemption?

yes, there are reprobates, i know that.:D:wave:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

I have recognized on this forum, that corrections are in the text, as per the ever milked, exhausted, over quoted, as if that is all there is, book of Revelation.

Why the juxt of the temporal ministry, to the eternal heavenly one in Hebrews?

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Some few today are preaching a ‘blushless’ religion. They say one can get saved, never have a changed nature, be more like simon magus, and judas, than like Jesus and be totally saved. They sin and show no shame, never regret or repent of sin, and claim to be redeemed even though there is no change to a new creation.

Jeremiah 8:12
“were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? Nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush

Some cannot blush, cannot feel guilty. Doctrines of devils have infiltrated the doctrines of a few, and removed guilt from sin, removed shame for sin.

Some few teach doctrines that add pillows to elbows of sinners. The doctrines salve guilt, not show atonement for it. The demonic doctrines remove the idea that there will someday be a judgment seat before which each one will have to pass.

Ezekiel 13:20
“Behold, I am against your pillows, wherewith ye entice souls...”

Some doctrines are like pillows, to ease pain of guilt, to soften the message of truth. Some teach sin is ‘all right’, or that there is no punishment, no hell, no judgment for sin, no need to ever repent again. With that doctrine, the guilty rest better upon those pillow doctrines.

Ezekiel 13:18
“Woe to those who apply pillows to all elbows.”

God is angry at the “pillow doctrine preachers”. Their messages are not inspired by God, not condoned by Paul, John, etc in the Bible. Some few are convinced that they are speaking truth. Yet, their doctrines are allowing many saints to be ignorant of the truth.

No matter what others here try to talk about, some will come and post this teaching that one can sin, not need to ever regret it , live a life of sinful behavior and think they were actually once saved and can't lose it...

Some enjoy ruining others threads,,, Well, I can post Scriptures, from now till the rapture, and show what the Bible actually says... Enjoy,,,,?

FONT]

Reactions: mourningdove~
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Some few today are preaching a ‘blushless’ religion. They say one can get saved, never have a changed nature, be more like simon magus, and judas, than like Jesus and be totally saved. They sin and show no shame, never regret or repent of sin, and claim to be redeemed even though there is no change to a new creation.

“were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? Nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush.”

Some cannot blush, cannot feel guilty. Doctrines of devils have infiltrated the doctrines of a few, and removed guilt from sin, removed shame for sin.

Some few teach doctrines that add pillows to elbows of sinners. The doctrines salve guilt, not show atonement for it. The demonic doctrines remove the idea that there will someday be a judgment seat before which each one will have to pass.

Some doctrines are like pillows, to ease pain of guilt, to soften the message of truth. Some teach sin is ‘all right’, or that there is no punishment, no hell, no judgment for sin, no need to ever repent again. With that doctrine, the guilty rest better upon those pillow doctrines.

God is angry at the “pillow doctrine preachers”. Their messages are not inspired by God, not condoned by Paul, John, etc in the Bible. Some few are convinced that they are speaking truth. Yet, their doctrines are allowing many saints to be ignorant of the truth.

No matter what others here try to talk about, some will come and post this teaching that one can sin, not need to ever regret it , live a life of sinful behavior and think they were actually once saved and can't lose it...

Some enjoy ruining others threads,,, Well, I can post Scriptures, from now till the rapture, and show what the Bible actually says... Enjoy,,,,?

Jeremiah 8:7
“Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times, and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but My people know not the judgment of the Lord.”

People have been untaught about judgment. Some have lost this teaching due to the neglect to preach it, by some ministers who are intimidated by the current ‘political correctness’. And the ‘political correctness’ ideas come from the ones preaching the demon doctrines that denigrate the idea of judgment, sin, and evil.

Many saints prefer the devil’s lullabies to the truth of God’s Word. The ten virgins, in the parable of Jesus, all slumbered and slept. The tendency to listen to lullaby doctrines is so great. We need to beware.

Mark 4:22
“For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was anything kept secret, but that it should come abroad.”

The hidden, ignored, well-salved sins of people will come out. The Holy Spirit testifies to this to all. But the devilish demons keep preaching a different doctrine, and it has been listened to more than the Holy Spirit’s truth.

Hebrews 10:31
“The Lord shall judge His people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

Isaiah 29:15
“Woe to them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? And Who knoweth us?”

The doctrine that God does not see, nor know... is taught in subtle ways.

Joel 2:1
“Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand.”

Sin should make people tremble. People take their foot immediately off the gas, when they see a traffic cop. People lock the doors to prevent burglary. People buy insurance. People own a handgun. All due to concern, fear. What about ‘sin’??? Do they prepare against it? Do they seek remedy for it??? Do they try to prevent it???

Are you going to discuss my Hebrews topic?

Besides, 10:31 was written to people who were ignoring the eternal, going back to fight sin by means of the flesh!:D

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

“were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? Nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush

FONT]

Excuse me, yes I am running a Hebrews thread, but bro, it is not like you don't run your own teaching threads too. With all due respect, no offense, but that is a well known fact.

So again, please discuss the Hebrews point, the topic, eternal redemption, thanks! frog.

What is the writer saying, what is he showing? Why stress the eternal, against the temporal?

Upvote 0

turned around

Sep 24, 2013
✟2,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Hi,
Please let me go on the record about repentance. Acts 20:21 Paul preached repentance toward God, and faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Repentance from the perspective that they had to change their minds. They were subject to wrath, and salvation through Christ was there only hope. Not repentance as in turning ones life around. But repentance (changing the mind), about their conditions outside of Christ. Salvation comes through believing God. That he is just and the justifier of those who believe in Jesus.

Grace to you.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Some today teach a guilt bound religion, which goes against Hebrews, Some teach that we should walk around with a sin consciousness, contradicting the point of the blood.

Heb 9:14 how much more will the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without blemish to God, purify our conscience from dead works to serve the living God.

10:2 Otherwise, would they not have ceased to be offered, since the worshipers, having once been cleansed, would no longer have any consciousness of sins?

Heb 10:22 let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.

I guess they do not understand what the sprinkling is all about, they just seem to understand the OT sprinkling, for some reason?:confused:

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

“Yea, the stork in the heaven knoweth her appointed times, and the turtle and the crane and the swallow observe the time of their coming; but My people know not the judgment of the Lord.”

God's people know not of God's judgment... God still is upset at sin, even when they are 'God's people'... We were warned of Paul that this still continues in the N.T. period, when he spoke of the branch of Israel being cut of, and the church grafted in, and that it can happen again if we do not abide in Him... What Jeremiah spoke is not just an O.T. truth, but continues in the N.T. and some will not preach that sins, whether unintentional or intentional, whether from a reprobate or a carnal saint, need repentance and regret, and then, if they have that, the staying in the vine continues.

People have been untaught about judgment. Some have lost this teaching due to the neglect to preach it, by some ministers who are intimidated by the current ‘political correctness’. And the ‘political correctness’ ideas come from the ones preaching that denigrate the idea of repentance, judgment, sin, and evil.

Some few saints prefer the devil’s lullabies to the truth of God’s Word. The ten virgins, in the parable of Jesus, all slumbered and slept. The tendency to listen to lullaby doctrines is so great. We need to beware.

“For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was anything kept secret, but that it should come abroad.”

The hidden, ignored, well-salved sins of people will come out. The sins not repented, even if that person does make it to heaven, will come out.... I would rather regret them here, repent and continue in my salvation assured that I am living a life pleasing to the Lord, than to live sinfully, unrepentantly, and thinking I will not become again a 'servant of sin'.

The Holy Spirit convicts sin... and some who preach that one can sin and it is all right, keep preaching that idea over and over... more and more, they become a one subject preacher... of that idea... due to the 'conviction' of the Holy Spirit that they cannot shake. They do keep trying though.

Some want to preach that sin is all right after salvation. The gnostics taught that in the early church, Simon magus taught that.. others followed with that sin justifying doctrine...

“The Lord shall judge His people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.”

“Woe to them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? And Who knoweth us?”

“Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound an alarm in My holy mountain; let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the Lord cometh, for it is nigh at hand.”

Sin should make people tremble. People take their foot immediately off the gas, when they see a traffic cop. People lock the doors to prevent burglary. People buy insurance. People own a handgun. All due to concern, fear. What about ‘sin’??? Do they prepare against it? Do they seek remedy for it??? Do they try to prevent it??? Do they take advantage of the simple method of 'repentance', regret for sin, and continue to not therefore become a 'servant of sin.'????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

God's people know not of God's judgment... God still is upset at sin, even when they are 'God's people'... We were warned of Paul that this still continues in the N.T. period, when he spoke of the branch of Israel being cut of, and the church grafted in, and that it can happen again if we do not abide in Him... What Jeremiah spoke is not just an O.T. truth, but continues in the N.T. and some will not preach that sins, whether unintentional or intentional, whether from a reprobate or a carnal saint, need repentance and regret, and then, if they have that, the staying in the vine continues.

People have been untaught about judgment. Some have lost this teaching due to the neglect to preach it, by some ministers who are intimidated by the current ‘political correctness’. And the ‘political correctness’ ideas come from the ones preaching that denigrate the idea of repentance, judgment, sin, and evil.

Some few saints prefer the devil’s lullabies to the truth of God’s Word. The ten virgins, in the parable of Jesus, all slumbered and slept. The tendency to listen to lullaby doctrines is so great. We need to beware.

The hidden, ignored, well-salved sins of people will come out. The sins not repented, even if that person does make it to heaven, will come out.... I would rather regret them here, repent and continue in my salvation assured that I am living a life pleasing to the Lord, than to live sinfully, unrepentantly, and thinking I will not become again a 'servant of sin'.

The Holy Spirit convicts sin... and some who preach that one can sin and it is all right, keep preaching that idea over and over... more and more, they become a one subject preacher... of that idea... due to the 'conviction' of the Holy Spirit that they cannot shake. They do keep trying though.

Some want to preach that sin is all right after salvation. The gnostics taught that in the early church, Simon magus taught that.. others followed with that sin justifying doctrine...

Sin should make people tremble. People take their foot immediately off the gas, when they see a traffic cop. People lock the doors to prevent burglary. People buy insurance. People own a handgun. All due to concern, fear. What about ‘sin’??? Do they prepare against it? Do they seek remedy for it??? Do they try to prevent it??? Do they take advantage of the simple method of 'repentance', regret for sin, and continue to not therefore become a 'servant of sin.'????

10:31, again, those peole were leaving the sprinkling. You prove my point.

Are you going to discuss Hebrews with the frog?:wave:

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Some people keep talking about holiness, while they act like this verse is not in Hebrews.

Heb 10:10 And by that will we have been sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

They repeat about holiness alot, but the repeating proves they do not understand the eternal blood, so they think they must repeat, like the OT priests had to repeat, it all fits, I understand.;)

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Some quote Jeremiah, but omit this>>>

Hebrews 10:17 then he adds,

“I will remember their sins and their lawless deeds no more.”

If it were not eternal forgiveness, there would have to be more atonements.

10:18 Where there is forgiveness of these, there is no longer any offering for sin.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
My op clearly uses Hebrews verses, eternal redemption is a key component to the book, and my thread topic. I have asked people to discuss Hebrews, that is the topic, obviously by the Op. I have now clarified the point.:) To me it was obvious, but just to be clear, I said it again.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Alright now, we have to be eternally redeemed, to go here>>>>

10:19 Therefore, brothers,[c] since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus, 20 by the new and living way that he opened for us through the curtain, that is, through his flesh, 21 and since we have a great priest over the house of God,

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Some teach.."God will not tolerate sin!":preach:

Well, then sure, so that shows that he must have taken it way, or how could we go through that curtain, if we had sin?

They just show they don't understand the power and eternal cleansing of the blood, we go through the curtain of 10:19 by his blood!

Could we go in, if we had sin? It is a logical conclusion..no!

Upvote 0

murjahel

Senior Veteran
Oct 31, 2005
✟29,367.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The writer of Hebrews, under inspiration from God, sums up what is written in Hebrews. The writer (probably Paul) used many references to sports in his writings. He referred to athletic contests, physical well-being.

In chapter 12 of Hebrews, Paul pictures a race. He emphasizes the endurance needed in the race (12:1,2,3,7). The Hebrew Christians were weary and wanted to give up... they were seriously thinking of ending the race...

The recipients of salvation by grace, are now in a race, supposed to show forth effort and direction, a zeal to finish, a zeal to win over the devils.

Paul tries to inspire the Christians who consider stopping their running in the race, to:

look at others who won the race

Hebrews 12:1
"great cloud of witnesses"

look at themselves

Hebrews 12:2
"lay aside the weight... and the sin that doth so easily beset us...

look at Jesus

Hebrews 12:2-3
"Looking unto Jesus... For consider Him..."

The writer has shown in the book of Hebrews that Jesus is greater than the sacrifices, the Old Testament priesthood, the various Old Testament leaders, and then in chapter 11, all the heroes of the Old Covenant are shown to have been great... BUT... none as great as Jesus....

And, what is more... the writer says that we, the New Testament saints should have greater faith in this age... than even the faith of the heroes of the Old Testament period.

Hebrews 11:40
"God having provided some better thing for us, that they with us should not be made perfect."

The coming of Jesus, in His first advent, provided for us a better and greater ability to live our lives in great faith. Never did 'works' save... but in the O.T. one had to offer a sacrifice that prefigured Jesus' sacrifice. Now, that is done for us, so there are no works needed to be saved, only application of Jesus' atonement for us, accepting His grace.

That causes a new nature to replace our old one that was dead. That new nature does not want to sin, regrets it if it does sin unintentionally. Until we grow in our grace from Jesus, the sins 'easily beset us', Hebrews tell us.

Hebrews 12:1-4
"Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him that endured such contradictions of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."

So, we run a race, trying to overcome the unintentional sins that still can hinder our race. We must not be wearied in this run. Our greatest efforts in resisting sin, has not brought us to shedding blood... For the blood has already been shed. Our efforts require us to not be weary, not faint, so therefore it certainly means to not condone or consider sin all right...

These Old Testament heroes are still able to watch us here on earth... and as they watch, we need to avoid being weighted down by the hindrances of life, the sins that keep us from God's best. Instead we need to look to Jesus as an example...

Jesus looked to the joy set before Him...

Jesus therefore could endure the cross...

Jesus despised the shame...

Jesus now is set down at the right hand of God to intercede for us...

Jesus endured the challenges of sinners against Him...

That example of Jesus is meant to make us realize that we should not allow weariness to make us faint, give up, or cease the race... We may think that our troubles are great... but not as great as was our Lord's... We have not resisted unto blood in our striving against sin...

Hebrews 12:5-13
"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him;
For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards and not sons.
Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence; shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; be He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby.
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed."

Why would the Lord chasten anyone? Why does it say that He corrects all sons? He wants us to choose to be in 'subjection' to Him... obeying Him, willingly, not by force anymore... for we are saved by grace, and our new nature is proven by the desire to after salvation do good works. The lack of wanting to, proves one is not a son, never saved by grace... or apostates.

"""Make straight paths for your feet, lest ye be turned out of the way"""

just a few verses of Hebrews that some forget to mention!

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
The writer of Hebrews, under inspiration from God, sums up what is written in Hebrews. The writer (probably Paul) used many references to sports in his writings. He referred to athletic contests, physical well-being.

In chapter 12 of Hebrews, Paul pictures a race. He emphasizes the endurance needed in the race (12:1,2,3,7). The Hebrew Christians were weary and wanted to give up... they were seriously thinking of ending the race...

The recipients of salvation by grace, are now in a race, supposed to show forth effort and direction, a zeal to finish, a zeal to win over the devils.

Paul tries to inspire the Christians who consider stopping their running in the race, to:

look at others who won the race

Hebrews 12:1
"great cloud of witnesses"

look at themselves

Hebrews 12:2
"lay aside the weight... and the sin that doth so easily beset us...

look at Jesus

Hebrews 12:2-3
"Looking unto Jesus... For consider Him..."

The writer has shown in the book of Hebrews that Jesus is greater than the sacrifices, the Old Testament priesthood, the various Old Testament leaders, and then in chapter 11, all the heroes of the Old Covenant are shown to have been great... BUT... none as great as Jesus....

And, what is more... the writer says that we, the New Testament saints should have greater faith in this age... than even the faith of the heroes of the Old Testament period.

Hebrews 11:40
"God having provided some better thing for us, that they with us should not be made perfect."

The coming of Jesus, in His first advent, provided for us a better and greater ability to live our lives in great faith. Never did 'works' save... but in the O.T. one had to offer a sacrifice that prefigured Jesus' sacrifice. Now, that is done for us, so there are no works needed to be saved, only application of Jesus' atonement for us, accepting His grace.

That causes a new nature to replace our old one that was dead. That new nature does not want to sin, regrets it if it does sin unintentionally. Until we grow in our grace from Jesus, the sins 'easily beset us', Hebrews tell us.

Hebrews 12:1-4
"Wherefore, seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin that doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us.
Looking unto Jesus, the Author and Finisher of our faith, Who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
For consider Him that endured such contradictions of sinners against Himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin."

So, we run a race, trying to overcome the unintentional sins that still can hinder our race. We must not be wearied in this run. Our greatest efforts in resisting sin, has not brought us to shedding blood... For the blood has already been shed. Our efforts require us to not be weary, not faint, so therefore it certainly means to not condone or consider sin all right...

These Old Testament heroes are still able to watch us here on earth... and as they watch, we need to avoid being weighted down by the hindrances of life, the sins that keep us from God's best. Instead we need to look to Jesus as an example...

Jesus looked to the joy set before Him...

Jesus therefore could endure the cross...

Jesus despised the shame...

Jesus now is set down at the right hand of God to intercede for us...

Jesus endured the challenges of sinners against Him...

That example of Jesus is meant to make us realize that we should not allow weariness to make us faint, give up, or cease the race... We may think that our troubles are great... but not as great as was our Lord's... We have not resisted unto blood in our striving against sin...

Hebrews 12:5-13
"And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him;
For whom the Lord loveth He chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.
If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?
But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards and not sons.
Furthermore, we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence; shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?
For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; be He for our profit, that we might be partakers of His holiness.
Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous; nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them that are exercised thereby.
Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;
And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed."

Why would the Lord chasten anyone? Why does it say that He corrects all sons? He wants us to choose to be in 'subjection' to Him... obeying Him, willingly, not by force anymore... for we are saved by grace, and our new nature is proven by the desire to after salvation do good works. The lack of wanting to, proves one is not a son, never saved by grace... or apostates.

"""Make straight paths for your feet, lest ye be turned out of the way"""

just a few verses of Hebrews that some forget to mention!

Excuse me, this would all be fine, if we ignore the point. They were the ones leaving the atonement, going back to temple, law, and temporal sacrifices to remove sin, the very sin that the eternal priesthood took away, he stressed all of that the for a reason.

They were trampling grace, and the blood, of 10:29.

Why do you think he stressed sin removal, once for all, eternal redemption for?

Because he wanted them to know that, against what they were reverting back to, animal blood, no eternal redemption, the constant reminder of sins, and living with a sin consciousness.

Their sin was apostasy, recrucifying the Lord, 6:6.

If you don't know what was going on in the book, and why it is written, verses get taken out of context, and get misdirected.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
In other words, that is why he kept showing them the better way, the heavenly one, it is done, they were going back to the old, where it was not done, see 7:18-19, the draw near to God was not found in the old way.

That's why he stressed the better eternal with the sin issue.

They had remission, but were going back, denying the cross, where He took away sin.

Upvote 0

Frogster

Galatians is the best!
Sep 7, 2009
✟74,317.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
They were being rebuked, for listening to strange teachings, those of 13:9, those teachings not being grace, that said their sins were not forgiven, and there is not eternal redemption, which covers future sins too.

So if you want to appropriate the "make straight paths for your feet" verse verse from chapter 12, go by the context, they too were selling thier birth right, leaving the blood of the >>>>

13:20 Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant,

Run the race meant stay in the new cov, where full sin remisision is found.

Oh my, I have a "few verses" too;), however mine are contextual, and applied properly to the historical narrative.

Upvote 0