Newly revealed evidence VINDICATES SDA sabbath teachings!

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14: 3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Seventh Day People are Christian's and Bible teachers.
To me it's not a deal breaker how they choose to live.
As long as our Brothers and Sisters in Christ believe Christ died and was raised for our sin and there is only one way to eternal life I'm fine with that.
I Believe in the full Gospel, Saved and Baptized by the Holy Spirit by the promise of God.
If a person denies that Acts 1 is still for today they will still have life eternal in Christ.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Do actions speak louder than words? I can say, I love you, all I want but if I don't act like it my statement is false. I can't swear up and down that I love you and then steal from you. If I do I have just proven I don't love you like I love myself. I can swear up and down that I love God, but if I bow down to an idol I have just shown I don't love God with all my heart. The same goes for the other three commandments that are our duty to God and the other 5 commandments that are our duty to our fellow man.
Who said all the law is summed up on 2 commandments? Who said these are my new commandments?
Is it not clear that the commandment to love your neighbor speak to heart on the inside and not your hands on the outside?
Where does the Bible say Peter wanted to memorialize "the law"? I have never seen a singe statement in the Bible to that effect. In fact, the Bible says Peter said what he did about building three tabernacles because he was speaking just to hear himself talk after being completely over-awed by the transfiguration.
What did the vison mean? It seems clear that Peter wanted to memorialize The Law (Moses) The Prophets (Elijah) and The Gospel (Jesus)
and He was interrupted. He was then commanded to listen to Jesus.
Jesus said The law and the Prophets were until John the Baptist and from that time, the Gospel of the Kingdom is preached.
Luk 16:16The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
As Adventists, we seek truth.

We read Scripture more than any other denomination in our search for truth.

We all have the same "Prophetic Puzzle Pieces" to work with.

What if we were to just move a couple of those pieces around, and everything would begin to fall together seamlessly?

What if 12 years of independent NON-DENOMINATIONAL research verified SDA claims of the importance of GOD'S SABBATH, and also appeared to identify the U.S.A.'s place in prophecy?

Is America Revelation 17 -18 Great Harlot Babylon that is to be destroyed in 1 hour?

THE EVIDENCE IS OVERWHELMING!

sevenheadedscarletbeast blogspot.com

Can you post the scriptures where Jesus commanded the Church to observe the Sabbath, and specifically how?

JLB

Upvote 0

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Romans 14: 3. Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him. 4. Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. 5. One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind. 6. He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. 7. For none of us liveth to himself, and no man dieth to himself.

Seventh Day People are Christian's and Bible teachers.
To me it's not a deal breaker how they choose to live.
As long as our Brothers and Sisters in Christ believe Christ died and was raised for our sin and there is only one way to eternal life I'm fine with that.
I Believe in the full Gospel, Saved and Baptized by the Holy Spirit by the promise of God.
If a person denies that Acts 1 is still for today they will still have life eternal in Christ.

Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

How did Jesus teach the Church to observe the Sabbath?

JLB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Rom 3:29 Is he the God of the Jews only? is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:
Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.
Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Proper study of the context show that Paul is saying: By having faith we establish the law of faith not the law of works.

Rom 3:27 ¶Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
So, by you isolating the end of the conversation you leave out Paul's subject " RIGHTEOSNESS WITHOUT THE LAW"
The conversation begins with;
Rom 3:21¶But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
The conclusion is verse 28.

Upvote 0

A_Thinker

Site Supporter
Apr 23, 2004
Midwest
✟954,183.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
“I have repeatedly offered $1,000 to anyone who can prove to me from the Bible alone that I am bound to keep Sunday holy.
Noone believes that they are BOUND to keep Sunday holy.
Exodus 31:14
Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death:
This is part of the Mosaic Law. Per Paul, Christians are dead to the Law.

Romans 7:4 So, my dear brothers and sisters, this is the point: You died to the power of the law when you died with Christ. And now you are united with the one who was raised from the dead. As a result, we can produce a harvest of good deeds for God.
The entire civilized world bows down in a reverent obedience to the command of the holy Catholic Church.”
This is, at best, a fantasy ...

Last edited:
Reactions: JLB777
Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 2 John 9

JLB

Can you please list the verses where God said we are to worship on Sunday not on the 7th day anymore? Can you please list the verse that states any man has the power to change what God Himself wrote with His own finger?

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Proper study of the context show that Paul is saying: By having faith we establish the law of faith not the law of works.

Rom 3:27 ¶Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.
Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
So, by you isolating the end of the conversation you leave out Paul's subject " RIGHTEOSNESS WITHOUT THE LAW"
The conversation begins with;
Rom 3:21¶But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;
The conclusion is verse 28.

Proper study of the context and the whole bible show's that this means exactly what it says----
Rom_3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Luk_16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Proper study of the context and the whole bible show's that this means exactly what it says----
Rom_3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.
Mat_5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
Luk_16:17 And it is easier for heaven and earth to pass, than one tittle of the law to fail.
Each of those text are taken out of context to frame the law being required for righteousness. I've already addressed that Roman 3:31 is saying… faith fulfills the law. Here what the NLT says
Rom 3:31 Well then, if we emphasize faith, does this mean that we can forget about the law? Of course not! In fact, only when we have faith do we truly fulfill the law.

The texts you choose from Matthew and Luke are both talking about every word written in the old testament(Law and the prophets).
Jesus is saying: "If a comma changes from the OT then God made a mistake."
You're focused on the law of the ten commandments, God is focused on every word from His mouth.
Written in the law and the prophets is the promise of a new covenant unlike the one made at Sinai. (the law)
How do you understand this text?

Rom 3:21¶But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses[fn] and the prophets long ago.

The scriptures clearly teach and reinforce that the New Covenant entails righteousness apart from the law.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

JLB777

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2012
✟403,811.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Can you please list the verses where God said we are to worship on Sunday not on the 7th day anymore?

There are no such verses in the New Testament that command us to worship on a certain day, which includes Saturday or Sunday.

Please show us the scriptures whereby Jesus specified how the Church is to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

JLB

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have no choice but to isolated Rom3:31 from Rom 3:28 and Rom 3:21, or many of your doctrines would fail.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
You have no choice but to isolated Rom3:31 from Rom 3:28 and Rom 3:21, or many of your doctrines would fail.

You have no choice but top isolate the above verses or your doctrines would fail.
There are no such verses in the New Testament that command us to worship on a certain day, which includes Saturday or Sunday.

Please show us the scriptures whereby Jesus specified how the Church is to observe the Sabbath under the New Covenant.

JLB

The Sabbath was kept by the disciples and will be kept in the new Jerusalem.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
You have no choice but top isolate the above verses or your doctrines would fail.

Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.
Isa 66:23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.
Isa 66 is not to be taken literal, it contains prophetic language about the last days. it's not about in the New Earth.

Ask yourself, Is this going to happen on the New Earth?
Isa 66:16 The LORD will punish the world by fire
and by his sword.
He will judge the earth,
and many will be killed by him.

Are these places on the New earth?
Isa 66:19 I will perform a sign among them. And I will send those who survive to be messengers to the nations—to Tarshish, to the Libyans[fn] and Lydians[fn] (who are famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece,[fn] and to all the lands beyond the sea that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. There they will declare my glory to the nations

Isa 66:22 “As surely as my new heavens and earth will remain,
so will you always be my people,
with a name that will never disappear,”
says the LORD.

verse 22 is prophetically saying As sure as there is a new heaven and earth my people will have a name ("CHRISTIANS") that wont disappear. End of comparison to new heaven and earth.
Isa 66:23 “All humanity will come to worship me
from week to week
and from month to month.

The Hebrew language only gives name to 1 day of 7.
KJV uses the translation one Sabbath to another.
In this context Sabbath means week and New moon means month. Unfortunately weekly and monthly are times referenced to old earth not new heaven and earth.

Isa 66:24 And as they go out, they will see
the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me.
For the worms that devour them will never die,
and the fire that burns them will never go out.
All who pass by will view them with utter horror

No rebellion or dead bodies will be on the New heavens and earth.

This prophesy is about the last days and not about the new heavens and earth.
A comparison of Christians being before God forever is made to Heaven and earth forever being before God.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Isa 66 is not to be taken literal, it contains prophetic language about the last days. it's not about in the New Earth.

Ask yourself, Is this going to happen on the New Earth?
Isa 66:16 The LORD will punish the world by fire
and by his sword.
He will judge the earth,
and many will be killed by him.

Are these places on the New earth?
Isa 66:19 I will perform a sign among them. And I will send those who survive to be messengers to the nations—to Tarshish, to the Libyans[fn] and Lydians[fn] (who are famous as archers), to Tubal and Greece,[fn] and to all the lands beyond the sea that have not heard of my fame or seen my glory. There they will declare my glory to the nations

Isa 66:22 “As surely as my new heavens and earth will remain,
so will you always be my people,
with a name that will never disappear,”
says the LORD.

verse 22 is prophetically saying As sure as there is a new heaven and earth my people will have a name ("CHRISTIANS") that wont disappear. End of comparison to new heaven and earth.
Isa 66:23 “All humanity will come to worship me
from week to week
and from month to month.

The Hebrew language only gives name to 1 day of 7.
KJV uses the translation one Sabbath to another.
In this context Sabbath means week and New moon means month. Unfortunately weekly and monthly are times referenced to old earth not new heaven and earth.

Isa 66:24 And as they go out, they will see
the dead bodies of those who have rebelled against me.
For the worms that devour them will never die,
and the fire that burns them will never go out.
All who pass by will view them with utter horror

No rebellion or dead bodies will be on the New heavens and earth.

This prophesy is about the last days and not about the new heavens and earth.
A comparison of Christians being before God forever is made to Heaven and earth forever being before God.

it is quite clear:
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

The wicked will be ashes under the feet of the saved. Meaning---they will not be anymore,

You are free to believe whatever you want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

The Sabbath and the law was supposed to be kept by The COI, Jesus and His apostles because of the Covenant they were under.
Old Covenant
Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

New Covenant
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Reinforcement

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5 ¶For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
it is quite clear:
Isa 66:22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

The wicked will be ashes under the feet of the saved. Meaning---they will not be anymore,

You are free to believe whatever you want.
Q: What is the scripture saying in Isa 66:22 relationship to the new heaven and the new earth?
A: Your seed and your name will remain before me.

What verse in ISA 66 says this "
Is this a description of a place in Heaven or the new earth?
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
The Sabbath and the law was supposed to be kept by The COI, Jesus and His apostles because of the Covenant they were under.
Old Covenant
Deu 6:25 And it shall be our righteousness, if we observe to do all these commandments before the LORD our God, as he hath commanded us.

New Covenant
Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God has been manifested apart from the law, although the Law and the Prophets bear witness to it—
Rom 3:22 the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all who believe. For there is no distinction:
Rom 3:23 for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
Rom 3:24 and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus,
Rom 3:25 whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God’s righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins.

Reinforcement

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.
Rom 10:4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.
Rom 10:5 ¶For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.
Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above:)

The new covenant was declared back in Jer.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Whether in stone or in the heart----it is written.
Q: What is the scripture saying in Isa 66:22 relationship to the new heaven and the new earth?
A: Your seed and your name will remain before me.

What verse in ISA 66 says this "
Is this a description of a place in Heaven or the new earth?
Isa 66:24 And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

It clearly says This is the new heavens and the new earth which He shall make. And we will be keeping the Sabbath on the new earth---can't get any clearer.

Upvote 0

now faith

Veteran
Site Supporter
Jul 31, 2011
florida
✟257,472.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married

JLB

Sorry I don't have a dog in this fight my brother.
I simply stated SDA people are believers in Christ and I have nothing against them.
We have a much bigger problem with denominations squabbleing over doctrine, while our Commission is at hand.

Upvote 0

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The new covenant was declared back in Jer.

Jer 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Whether in stone or in the heart----it is written.
SDA more often than not dismiss that God also said: The New Covenant would not have the law given Moses in the Old Covenant.
Jer 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

The covenant made out of the land of Egypt was the ten commandments.
Exo 34:28 And he was there with the LORD forty days and forty nights; he did neither eat bread, nor drink water. And he wrote upon the tables the words of the covenant, the ten commandments.

So when Paul says
Rom 3:21But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

We know that Paul is talking about the New Covenant that was witnessed by Jeremiah and Moses
It clearly says This is the new heavens and the new earth which He shall make. And we will be keeping the Sabbath on the new earth---can't get any clearer.
Not true. What is clear is that, the term "new moon to New moon" means monthly, and the term"Sabbath to Sabbath" means weekly. Isa 66:23 is not talking about Sabbath-keeping, it's talking weekly and monthly worship.

Upvote 0