New Feature: Member Ratings

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Member Ratings

This shows up as "Rating" represented by a green-blue bar under the username of a member.

"Rating" is calculated by the number of votes a member gets from other members and depends on how other members rate the member.

Each member can be rated with a value from "1 - Bad" to "5 - Good". Members are rated according to their "Friendliness", "Helpfulness" and "Contributions" to the forums.

Each member can only vote for another member once, but you can update the rating for the same member by voting again, with the vote counting as the same vote, just with a different rating.

To rate a member, just use the dropdown menu under the "Rating" bar, or view the member's profile by clicking on their username or the profile button.

Rating is done anonymously. You can stop others from rating you by clicking on "User CP" and click on "Options".

Hope you enjoy this new feature of Christian Forums.

I am interested in feedback regarding our Special Features. A list and explanation of our Special Features can be found in our FAQ, or you can click here:

Special Features FAQ

TheBear

NON-WOKED
Jan 2, 2002
✟304,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I guess a couple of folks don't like where I stand on certain issues. Awwww....so sad for me.
What can you do? I can't/won't be all things to all people.

I look at the rating system as somewhat of a joke. All it takes is for someone to disagree with your post, then get all mad at you, then react by giving you a bad rating. How silly is that?

John

Upvote 0

Erwin

May 13, 2015
✟216,037.00
Hiya all, I'm back from a 2 week holiday - things got a bit tense while I was gone I see - but I am glad the mods are doing a fine job getting things back on track.

As to what those bars mean, just click on the "FAQ" button and look up "Christian Forums Special Features".

Why can you vote for yourself? Good question - it's a bug in the hack that I installed into the forum software - I may or may not have time to fix it.

God bless you all!!! :)

Upvote 0