USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Revelation 18:4-8 Come out of her, My people, lest you have any part of her sins and you share in her punishments. Disaster will strike in a single Day and she will perish in flames, for mighty is the Lord, who has pronounced her doom! Jeremiah 51:5-6

There you go. We are to leave this Earth behind and go to the New Earth. We are to 'come out of her'.

The Earth will perish in flames. See how easy this is?

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hello everyone. Been hitting the books a lot, and still getting at it.

I think I am changing my opinion on who Babylon is. For the longest time, I looked at it as Rome, Istanbul, or some other Gentile Empire. I am now under the opinion it is Jerusalem. I did not come to this interpretation easily and it took a great deal of debate before changing my position.

The beast she rides are all the kingdoms that ruled over Babylon after the LORD departed the temple in the days of Ezekiel. According to Zechariah 5:5-11, the house built for wickedness was among the exiles in Babylon. So that makes Babylon the first head of the beast, conquered by Nebuchadnezzar. Cyrus of Persia conquered it from the Babylonians. Alexander the Great conquered Jerusalen from the Persians but it passed to Ptolemy I of Egypt before he could formally rule it. Antiochus III of Seleucia conquered Jerusalem from the Egyptians. Judah Maccabees conquered Jerusalem from the Seleucids and ruled over a Jewish Empire until Augustus Caesar of the Romans conquered it. The Romans (Ottomans included) held onto control of Jerusalem from 37 BC to 1923, when the Mandate passed to George V of Great Britain. They held onto it until 1948, when the nation of Israel was created.

Those are the seven heads. The ten horns, I believe, are the nation of Israel. Israel was a name for the Northern Kingdom in the Old Testament, also called Ephraim. This kingdom consisted of the ten tribes of Israel while the Southern Kingdom of Judah, with the tribes of Judah and Benjamin ruled over Jerusalem. Rev 17 says these will give their power and authority over to the beast. This beast that was wounded by the sword and yet lived is a Jewish Empire. We are on the cusp of this as Israel has determined to exterminate Hamas, refuse Palestine to be ruled by Palestinian authorities, and has threatened to end negotiations with Hezbollah in Lebanon by March 15th.

Perhaps we are at the eve of the events of Daniel 11:40-45 and haven’t realized it yet. Jesus said He would come as a thief in an hour He’s least expected…
The term “Babylon” is derived from “Babel,” and signifies confusion. It is employed in Scripture to designate the various forms of false or apostate religion.

The bible describes in the end times there will be a great deception and many will follow a false religious system.

The term Babylon is not referring to Rome specifically or any other specific religious system, rather referring to all of the false systems that are in the state of confusion. It will be a religious system that is inclusive of all other religious systems and will have a man that leads that effort .... when we look at that in todays world .... who is trying to do that (unite all religions)? The pope.

Pope Urges All Religions to Unite for Peace, Justice

Unite for peace & justice? Who's going to define what that is?

Also one who fornicates with the kings of the earth. What other religious entity meets with most all of the various governmental leaders (kings) of the world? The pope

Both a religious power and a state power will unite and persecution will follow.

There will be a remnant that will not and they will be persecuted

Prophecy unfolding before our eyes ... yet many do not see what is obvious.

Babylon is the mother of all false religions ... and has daughters.

Come out of Babylon ... come out of the state of confusion that is being led by one religious entity (mother and daughters thereof).

Babylon (all false worship systems) will one day face the judgment of God because of her great evil. “For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities” (Revelation 18:5) . This expression reflects language from the Old Testament about ancient Babylon as well (see Jeremiah 51:9), and means that a time of judgment is sure to come ... and it will ... AMEN!!!

Looking forward to the return of our Lord ... AMEN!!!

Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟298,724.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
There you go. We are to leave this Earth behind and go to the New Earth. We are to 'come out of her'.

The Earth will perish in flames. See how easy this is?
My quote of Revelation 18:4-8 refers to the Babylonian entities and peoples. Not all the earth and all peoples.
The forthcoming fiery punishment of the ungodly peoples, is survivable and many of the ungodly will still be alive, as they will form a One World Government. But the Christian peoples; all who called upon the Name of the Lord and trusted in His protection, have another destiny on earth.
John sees us in the holy Land - Revelation 6:9
Yes; but much must take place before that glorious Day. All as vividly described from Revelation 6:12 to the end.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Go back and read the verse I posted. Jesus disagrees with you.
You posted this verse...

Matthew 23:35
"That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."

but you did not post the following verse....

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

Jesus was speaking about that generation of religious leaders in Jerusalem, their being hypocrites.

25 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye make clean the outside of the cup and of the platter, but within they are full of extortion and excess.

29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous,

Jesus said to the Pharisess of that generation...

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

So the guilt of all slain upon the earth goes back to Satan and his angels, whose kingdom is Mystery Babylon the Great.

• Agree
Reactions: keras
Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My quote of Revelation 18:4-8 refers to the Babylonian entities and peoples. Not all the earth and all peoples.

Of course you would say that. It is always 'them', and never you, in need of Salvation, right?

No need for you to 'come out of' your Earthly Body since you already possess the Glorified Body apparently.

If you wish to teach that God hates his Bride and burns her for eternity, then do not be surprised where you end up.

I will teach what the Word of God teaches...

Revelation 21:2
"And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband."

God Loves his Bride.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The term “Babylon” is derived from “Babel,” and signifies confusion. It is employed in Scripture to designate the various forms of false or apostate religion.

The bible describes in the end times there will be a great deception and many will follow a false religious system.

The term Babylon is not referring to Rome specifically or any other specific religious system, rather referring to all of the false systems that are in the state of confusion. It will be a religious system that is inclusive of all other religious systems and will have a man that leads that effort .... when we look at that in todays world .... who is trying to do that (unite all religions)? The pope.

Pope Urges All Religions to Unite for Peace, Justice

Unite for peace & justice? Who's going to define what that is?

Also one who fornicates with the kings of the earth. What other religious entity meets with most all of the various governmental leaders (kings) of the world? The pope

Both a religious power and a state power will unite and persecution will follow.

There will be a remnant that will not and they will be persecuted

Prophecy unfolding before our eyes ... yet many do not see what is obvious.

Babylon is the mother of all false religions ... and has daughters.

Come out of Babylon ... come out of the state of confusion that is being led by one religious entity (mother and daughters thereof).

Babylon (all false worship systems) will one day face the judgment of God because of her great evil. “For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities” (Revelation 18:5) . This expression reflects language from the Old Testament about ancient Babylon as well (see Jeremiah 51:9), and means that a time of judgment is sure to come ... and it will ... AMEN!!!

Hi eleos, if you want to identify the woman turned harlot in Revelation 17 as the Vatican, I don't have a disagreement with that. Look at what happens to that harlot though in Revelation 17:16...

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

...basically it is saying that the Vatican will be burnt to the ground.

We have to differentiate the identity of the woman turned harlot (the Vatican) - and the meaning of the name on her forehead in Revelation 17:5

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The woman herself is not Babylon the Great - but she has been influenced by Babylon the Great to have become a harlot.

Babylon the Great is the mystical kingdom of Satan and his angels.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You posted this verse...

"That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar."

but you did not post the following verse....

36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

This Generation: From the First Adam to the Last Adam. Man 1.0. We are all in this together.

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

You do realize that 'your Father the Devil' is literal right?

If Satan is the biological father of one person, then he is the biological father of the entire Human Race going all the way back to Adam.

Some Truths are too much for people to bare, so they alter the verse and claim that it is not literal. Is that you @Douggg ?

So the guilt of all slain upon the earth goes back to Satan and his angels, whose kingdom is Mystery Babylon the Great.

Now we are getting somewhere. The Harlot 'sits on the Beast', as in has intercourse. She plays the Harlot on the Mountains to conceive the Kings...

Jeremiah 2:20
"For of old time I have broken thy yoke, and burst thy bands; and thou saidst, I will not transgress; when upon every high hill and under every green tree thou wanderest, playing the harlot."

As I keep trying to show everyone, Mount Sinai represents the Male Generative Principle. Hagar represents the Female Generative Principle...

Galatians 4:24
"Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar."

Male + Female = Two become One. We are born under the Law. It is all about Biology.

Moses went to the 'tip' or 'head' of the Mountain Phallus to retrieve God's Seed to give to his Wife below. The Seed is the Word...

Luke 8:11
"Now the parable is this: The seed is the word of God."

It is about consummation of the Marriage. To become Born Again there needs to be conception.

Abraham's Seed first went to Hagar. Then it went to Sarah. Moses went up the Mountain twice. Do you understand?

Yes, it all goes back to the Garden of Eden and the Forbidden Fruit. What is the Forbidden Fruit?

God has you covered...

Revelation 17:4
"And the woman was arrayed in purple and scarlet colour, and decked with gold and precious stones and pearls, having a golden cup in her hand full of abominations and filthiness of her fornication:"

Yes, it is LITERAL. The Golden Cup contains sperm and ovum. It is what we all partook of to be conceived into this world. The Zygote.

The Golden Cup is the Forbidden Fruit. It was there all along and everyone was too busy being full of themselves to see it.

ALL have partaken...

Jeremiah 51:7
"Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD’S hand, that made all the earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad."

Christians need to stop making Mystery Babylon about 'the Church down the street'. Look at what you posted about the Harlot being the Vatican...

"...basically it is saying that the Vatican will be burnt to the ground."

By doing that, you lost the plan of Salvation message. You dropped the ball. You chose hatred and division over Love.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Once again...

Hagar is an allegory of the Old Testament and Earthly Jerusalem. And Earthly Jerusalem, like a Womb, gives birth to those in bondage (You and I and everyone else).

Both Hagar and Earthly Jerusalem represent the bondage that the entire planet is under. We are of the Earth... Earthy. We are made of the dust of her ground, her clay.

Hagar is the Key. She represents the Womb that gives birth to the corrupt bodies we currently have.

OP, if you do not include Hagar vs. Sarah in your theory, you will never see the plan of Salvation.

Sarah, New Jerusalem, is the Mother of us all in Heaven...

Galatians 4:26
But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.

We will literally be Born Again from the new Womb in Heaven.

Who is the opposite? Who is our Mother here? Earth is. Mystery Babylon is. You know, the Mother of Harlots and Abominations? Yeah, that is us. The Human Race are the Harlots and Abominations. Drop your ego and wake up to the fact that we need Salvation. Quit pointing your hypocritical fingers at everyone else. Look in the mirror for once. HUMBLE yourselves and the answer will be revealed.

Stop blaming 'the Pope' and 'false religions'. Blaming others will not help you see.

Earth's Womb is represented by Earthly Jerusalem, where the Blood goes. Meditate on that and understand.

The Body is the Temple in the Womb. Get it?

We are conceived in the Earth Mother, in her Womb...

Psalms 139:15
"My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth."

Understand? Does Clay ring a bell?

Job 33:6
"Behold, I am according to thy wish in God’s stead: I also am formed out of the clay."

Earth drinks the Blood! Do not ignore that! The Blood goes to Jerusalem, into the BELLY. You know, like where Jonah went?

Matthew 12:40
"For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale’s belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth."

For those that missed it, I will show the verse again...

*All means all*. All who were slain. There is your answer right in front of you. No 'hocus pocus', no 'mental gymnastics'. Quit looking outside of the Bible for answers. READ and UNDERSTAND.

An important question arises...

Has anyone here even considered whether Mystery Babylon is redeemed? Do you care?

Or are you too busy hating and sowing division?

Who is the Bride of the Lamb? How does Earthly Jerusalem become Heavenly Jerusalem?

How does Old Earth become New Earth?

Salvation, that is how.

Are your Hearts so hardened that you do not see that God saves his Wife in the end? You know... that thing called Love?

Christians need to wake up as to who Mystery Babylon is. Stop hating Mom. Stop hating the Bride. Time is running out.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You do realize that 'your Father the Devil' is literal right?

If Satan is the biological father of one person, then he is the biological father of the entire Human Race going all the way back to Adam.

Some Truths are too much for people to bare, so they alter the verse and claim that it is not literal. Is that you @Douggg ?
No, not literal. Your rationale results in blasphemy in saying Jesus's as the son of Mary was therefore descended from Satan.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟110,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't see "NT prophets" in the text. From studying this that would be rare opinion. I believe NT prophets or apostles would be included in the Saints
What makes you think it is "rare opinion?" It is very common to see the NT prophets in the NT sense in this passage, since it is written in NT times!

Acts 11.27 During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch.

Upvote 0

Qubit

Mar 6, 2024
USA
✟17,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No, not literal.

Oops. You are busted.

See? Whenever Christians cannot handle the literal Truth, they claim that Jesus 'did not really mean that' or 'God should have said something different' or 'it was a figure of speech because I say so'.

Under whose authority is anyone to declare what is literal and what is not?

Worse yet, Christians deny me the literal (i.e., correct) interpretation and call me a heretic for believing my Bible. :mad:

Your rationale results in blasphemy in saying Jesus's as the son of Mary was therefore descended from Satan.

Jesus was made in the *likeness* of sinful flesh...

Romans 8:3
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh"

Jesus was not made in the likeness of a sinful consciousness.

Jesus was not made in the likeness of sinful mindedness or actions.

Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful Flesh, DNA, Biology. <- Salvation is a Genetic issue.

Where did that sinful flesh come from that Jesus was copying? How can Man be born with genetics already corrupted from the start?

Are we to conclude that God created Man with corrupt Genetics and called it 'good'? How can God then blame Man for being born with sinful flesh if God is the one who made said sinful flesh? See the problem?

The answer, as I previously posted, has to do with the Forbidden Fruit. Adam and his Wife *chose* to corrupt their DNA by partaking. That is where the sinful flesh came from.
  • Mystery Babylon = Biological Mother.
  • Satan = Biological Father.
  • Both were present in the Garden of Eden.
  • The Bible is a story about how our flesh became corrupted and how we can fix it through Redemption.
  • Salvation is about correcting corrupt Genetics.
The above is what Scripture teaches through and through. From start to end. We are to 'come out of her' as in become Born Again into NON corrupted, NON sinful flesh. Come out of her Corrupted Body and into a New Body... literally.

That is the Meat of the Word. Euphemism. Adult Education.

Most Christians are still on the Milk, the 'nursery rhyme' and 'children's story' interpretation of Scripture.

Who cares about what the Pope, or the UN, or New World Whatever is doing when we are in the grave. What does any of that have to do with Salvation? Nothing. What does that have to do with people who died thousands of years ago? Nothing. So why waste time on irrelevant name calling and finger pointing on things that do not matter to God?

Mystery Babylon is a lesson that ANYONE, living at ANY point in time in history, can learn from. Mystery Babylon is not some insignificant message meant for those living in the final days. Imagine the ego it takes to think that the lessons taught in the Bible are only for the last generation. I mean, seriously Christians. Get over yourselves.

Upvote 0
Aug 10, 2010
✟64,723.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Oops. You are busted.

See? Whenever Christians cannot handle the literal Truth, they claim that Jesus 'did not really mean that' or 'God should have said something different' or 'it was a figure of speech because I say so'.

Under whose authority is anyone to declare what is literal and what is not?

Worse yet, Christians deny me the literal (i.e., correct) interpretation and call me a heretic for believing my Bible. :mad:

Jesus was made in the *likeness* of sinful flesh...

Romans 8:3
"For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh"

Jesus was not made in the likeness of a sinful consciousness.

Jesus was not made in the likeness of sinful mindedness or actions.

Jesus was made in the likeness of sinful Flesh, DNA, Biology. <- Salvation is a Genetic issue.

Where did that sinful flesh come from that Jesus was copying? How can Man be born with genetics already corrupted from the start?

Are we to conclude that God created Man with corrupt Genetics and called it 'good'? How can God then blame Man for being born with sinful flesh if God is the one who made said sinful flesh? See the problem?

The answer, as I previously posted, has to do with the Forbidden Fruit. Adam and his Wife *chose* to corrupt their DNA by partaking. That is where the sinful flesh came from.
  • The Bible is a story about how our flesh became corrupted and how we can fix it through Redemption.
The above is what Scripture teaches through and through. From start to end. We are to 'come out of her' as in become Born Again into NON corrupted, NON sinful flesh. Come out of her Corrupted Body and into a New Body... literally.

That is the Meat of the Word. Euphemism. Adult Education.

Most Christians are still on the Milk, the 'nursery rhyme' and 'children's story' interpretation of Scripture.

Who cares about what the Pope, or the UN, or New World Whatever is doing when we are in the grave. What does any of that have to do with Salvation? Nothing. What does that have to do with people who died thousands of years ago? Nothing. So why waste time on irrelevant name calling and finger pointing on things that do not matter to God?

Mystery Babylon is a lesson that ANYONE, living at ANY point in time in history, can learn from. Mystery Babylon is not some insignificant message meant for those living in the final days. Imagine the ego it takes to think that the lessons taught in the Bible are only for the last generation. I mean, seriously Christians. Get over yourselves.

Actually, the word of God is not literal, it is all spiritual. Taking things in scripture literally, leads to carnal foolishness.

1Co 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.
1Co 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.
1Co 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

If you are going to argue that the things of God are literal, please show me from scripture, where it is so. I am not interested in hearing your reasonings out of your own heart.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Worse yet, Christians deny me the literal (i.e., correct) interpretation and call me a heretic for believing my Bible.
You are not a heretic for believing the Bible, but from misunderstanding the Bible and coming up with some wild ideas. Such as....

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

At the point of being saved, by believing in Jesus and his shed blood on the cross, for forgiveness of one's sins, a person's soul is changed immediately. The body does not change at that time.

At the time of the rapture/resurrection - the body is redeemed, changed from corruptible to incorruptible, from mortal to immortal.

1Corinthians 15;51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed,

52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality.

54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟22,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married

I think I am changing my opinion on who Babylon is. For the longest time, I looked at it as Rome, Istanbul, or some other Gentile Empire. I am now under the opinion it is Jerusalem. I did not come to this interpretation easily and it took a great deal of debate before changing my position.

What you are really saying is you were guessing then, but now other men's ideas have changed your mind. I will make this easy for you. There is no Mystery Babylon, in Rev. 17:7 an Angel says "Come and I will show you the Mystery (Secret by Gpd's silence heretofore] of the Harlot AND the [Gov.] Beasts she rides". So, how can it be a Mystery when the Angel revealed the understanding? (More on that later)

The Answer is seen in Rev. 16:19 as per unto who Babylon is, its NOT a Mystery.

Rev. 16:19 And the great city was divided(Jerusalem/Earthquake/2nd Coming) into three parts, and the cities of the nations fell:(Jesus defeats his FOES) and great Babylon came in remembrance before God, to give unto her the cup of the wine of the fierceness of his wrath.

So, you ae given the answer here, can you see it? God calls those Jesus defeats at Armageddon Babylon the Great, so who are they? Well, the 6th Vial shows up, see how easy it is?

Rev. 16:12 And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates; and the water thereof was dried up, that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.

13 And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.

14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.

So, God sees Babylon as the WHOLE WORLD who follows Satan's LIES, the word Babel means confusion, what better description than mankind being so deceived, that they try to defeat their own loving Creator. Babylon i the World, the Harlot is ALL ALSE RELIGION of All Time.

MYSTERY is a Header, as i n asking a question. Then we get three descriptors.

MYSTERY (?)

1.) Babylon the Great (Babylon was world renowned for her FALSE RELIGION)

2.) Mother of Harlots (FALSE RELIGION was the original Harlotry against God)

3.) Abominations of the earth (God is a Jealous God, he hates all FALSE RELIGION)

Mystery.....followed by the descriptions of who the Harlot is, FALSE RELIGION.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Berean Tim

Mar 19, 2017
Houston TX
✟148,031.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
What makes you think it is "rare opinion?" It is very common to see the NT prophets in the NT sense in this passage, since it is written in NT times!

Acts 11.27 During this time some prophets came down from Jerusalem to Antioch.
Rare in interpreting that as NT prophets

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟735,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hi eleos, if you want to identify the woman turned harlot in Revelation 17 as the Vatican, I don't have a disagreement with that. Look at what happens to that harlot though in Revelation 17:16...

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the harlot, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

...basically it is saying that the Vatican will be burnt to the ground.

We have to differentiate the identity of the woman turned harlot (the Vatican) - and the meaning of the name on her forehead in Revelation 17:5

5 And upon her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

The woman herself is not Babylon the Great - but she has been influenced by Babylon the Great to have become a harlot.

Babylon the Great is the mystical kingdom of Satan and his angels.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no Mystery Babylon, in Rev. 17:7 an Angel says "Come and I will show you the Mystery (Secret by Gpd's silence heretofore] of the Harlot AND the [Gov.] Beasts she rides". So, how can it be a Mystery when the Angel revealed the understanding? (More on that later)
It is not beasts plural in Revelation 17:7 The scarlet colored beast is Satan.

7 And the angel said unto me, Wherefore didst thou marvel? I will tell thee the mystery of the woman, and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

Although the scarlet colored beast is Satan, it not that simple, because the beast will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go into perdition in Revelation 17:8.

Satan is not in the bottomless pit. Revelation 12 gives insight to the mystery of how it can be Satan, yet not Satan. In Revelation 12, the red dragon is said to be the Devil, that old serpent. Satan was speaking through the serpent beast in garden of eden, when it beguiled Eve. That beast died and its spirit went into the bottomless pit is what I conclude. To some day come out and possess the slain and come back to life end times person, king 7, who then becomes king 8. the beast-king.

MYSTERY (?)

1.) Babylon the Great (Babylon was world renowned for her FALSE RELIGION)

2.) Mother of Harlots (FALSE RELIGION was the original Harlotry against God)

3.) Abominations of the earth (God is a Jealous God, he hates all FALSE RELIGION)

Babylon the Great is a kingdom. Agreed ? Which in the days of Nimrod, the tower of babel was built in an effort to reach heaven.

But the issue is who is behind all of that desire to reach heaven.

In Isaiah 14, it speaks of Satan's desire and ultimate failure.

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:

14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.

The reason the Harlot is not broadly FALSE RELIGION is because in Revelation 17:18 the ten kings destroy the Harlot. The Harlot, the woman turned harlot, is the Vatican which will be burnt to the ground in the days of the beast-king and his cast of ten supporting kings.

Mystery Babylon the Great is the mystical, we could call it spiritual - i.e powers and principalities in high places, kingdom of Satan and his angels. God begins dismantling that kingdom in the days of the 7th trumpet, beginning with Satan and his angels cast down to earth - Babylon is fallen, is fallen. In her, Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

Upvote 0

Fisherking

Oct 18, 2023
Alabama
✟22,374.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
It is not beasts plural in Revelation 17:7 The scarlet colored beast is Satan.
You miss that which makes it plural, its there for all to see be we tend to miss things at times. The Conglomerate picture is ONE, but its 7 Head remember?

and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.

So, it is all 7 of the Beasts, the LAST ONE however TURNS against her and kills her off because there is no room in his Kingdom for any other gods (FALSE RELIGION ).

Although the scarlet colored beast is Satan, it not that simple, because the beast will ascend out of the bottomless pit and go into perdition in Revelation 17:8.
The Scarlet Colored Beast is not Satan, Satan is the Rev. 12 Red Dragon who has CROWNS on the 7 heads. The Little Horn/A.C./Beast man is seen in Rev. 13, he has CROWNS on the 10 (Complete E.U.) horns/kings. The Scarlet Beast of Rev. 17 has NO CROWNS on the 7 Heads or 10 Horns because he is a Demon named Apollyon, he is thus, of course, under Stan on this earth, they can only be one top do. He can not be a Physical King because, of course, he is not a human being, so he is only a King over the Bottomless Pit, thus he is OF THE SEVEN and is an 8th [king......of the pit]. So, it is not Satan, it is one of his underlings whom God locked up in the pit and then lets him loose at the 1st woe.

Satan is not in the bottomless pit. Revelation 12 gives insight to the mystery of how it can be Satan, yet not Satan. In Revelation 12, the red dragon is said to be the Devil, that old serpent. Satan was speaking through the serpent beast in garden of eden, when it beguiled Eve. That beast died and its spirit went into the bottomless pit is what I conclude. To some day come out and possess the slain and come back to life end times person, king 7, who then becomes king 8. the beast-king.
No, doug, you try to bend and shape these things instead of following the leads to the obvious conclusion. Its a DIFFERENT COLOR, Scarlet not Red. Its has NO CROWNS. Apollyon is a Demon in the pit who Israel calls the Destroyer.

Babylon the Great is a kingdom. Agreed ? Which in the days of Nimrod, the tower of babel was built in an effort to reach heaven.
What you are missing is its just DESCRIBING who the Harlot is, Babylon is destroyed in Rev. 18, not here. Its just one of Three Descriptors describing who the Harlot really is, in other words those three descriptions reveal the MYSTERY of who The Harlot is. ALL FALSE RELIGON of All Time, who has the blood of the [Jewish] Saints AND the blood of the Martyrs of Jesus on her hands. Starting with Cain who slew able because he was jealous of his "Offering unto God". Its the Egyptian Sun god, Zeus, Jupiter, Baal worship, Islam et al. However Babylon = the Whole World (World Governments under Satan's influence )

The Harlot [Religions] ride the Beast (who represents ALL GOV. BEASTS) in General just like the Harlot represents all False Religions of all time. The only reason they are not plural is God is using IMAGRY to describe these false governments and religions who were, of course, comingled throughout history. Who wears Scarlet and Purple? Royalty and Religious Orders, that is one of the clues here also that is is about False Religion & False Governance, both not of God. After all, why is God judging the World? They refuse to abide by His laws and to receive His free grace by receiving Jesus as their Savior. Why? In many cases they have been duped by FALSE RELIGIONS, these go hand in hand, thus the Harlot rides the back.

The tower of Babel, imho, is KNOWLEDGE. God thus choosing to confuse the languages, kept the KNOWLEDGE from increasing, only when the Computer came in did that overcome the barriers God placed between humans in order to thwart the increase of knowledge util the end. The printing press, books, and colleges started us down that road, the computer blew the door down.

But the issue is who is behind all of that desire to reach heaven.

In Isaiah 14, it speaks of Satan's desire and ultimate failure.
Satan is in Heaven as we speak. A building to the Heavens was a Metaphor for KNOWLEDGE.

The reason the Harlot is not broadly FALSE RELIGION is because in Revelation 17:18 the ten kings destroy the Harlot. The Harlot, the woman turned harlot, is the Vatican which will be burnt to the ground in the days of the beast-king and his cast of ten supporting kings.
No Doug, when you get to heaven you will be ashamed you ever fell for that one. The E.U. is the 10 kings, thus False Religion still abides with the A.C. because its Beast Worship, but his 10 kings (E.U.) kills off the Harlot (ALL OTHER FALSE RELIGIONS GET JUDGED), but God Himself via Jesus will have to Judge the Beast's False Religion, at the same time He judges Babylon (False Governance). The E.U. forbids all religion save Beast Worship.

Mystery Babylon the Great is the mystical, we could call it spiritual - i.e powers and principalities in high places, kingdom of Satan and his angels. God begins dismantling that kingdom in the days of the 7th trumpet, beginning with Satan and his angels cast down to earth - Babylon is fallen, is fallen. In her, Revelation 18:24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.
There is no MYSTERY BABYLON, as I stated, there is a MYSTERY and the Angel explained that mystery to all who can see, the Angel di not lie when he said comem I will explain the Mystery of the Harlot and the Beast(s) she rides. Now THINK, why do we get the 7 kings who ARISE as Mountains and the 5 Kings who have FALLEN........the one WHO IS.........and the one who is YET TO COME? That is the Angel EXPLAINING unto us who the Harlot and the Beast(s) she rides is, you stated it was ONE BEAST and I stated you missed that it was the 7 Heads (Powers/Nation Kingdom Beasts). That is THE MYSTERY the Angel explains via the 7 Kings who fall, 5 have fallen, one was Rome who fell after 90ish AD and one is the coming Anti-Christ who will fall when Jesus shows up. Now you know that MYSTERY of the Beast she rode, but the Harlot is explained in verses 3-6, she is DESCRIBED as ALL FALSE RELIGION.

Satan is CAST DOWN in the middle of the week at the First Trump. God's Judgments begin with Trump #1 and lasts for 1260 days. Satan being locked up is when Babylon falls.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟363,758.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
You miss that which makes it plural, its there for all to see be we tend to miss things at times. The Conglomerate picture is ONE, but its 7 Head remember?

and of the beast that carrieth her, which hath the seven heads and ten horns.
Just admit you made a mistake. That the text does not say beasts plural. Of the seven heads - one, king 7, will become the beast-king 8 after being killed and brought back to life.
I stated you missed that it was the 7 Heads (Powers/Nation Kingdom Beasts). That is THE MYSTERY the Angel explains via the 7 Kings who fall, 5 have fallen, one was Rome who fell after 90ish AD and one is the coming Anti-Christ who will fall when Jesus shows up
The ten kings and the little horn come out of the fourth kingdom in Daniel 7:23-25. i.e out of the Roman Empire manifested in the end times as the EU.

Satan is CAST DOWN in the middle of the week at the First Trump. God's Judgments begin with Trump #1 and lasts for 1260 days. Satan being locked up is when Babylon falls.
The 7th angel, not the first angel, sounding announces what the third woe will be to the inhabiters of the earth. Revelation 8:13

Revelation 12:12 Therefore rejoice, ye heavens, and ye that dwell in them. Woe to the inhabiters of the earth and of the sea! for the devil is come down unto you, having great wrath, because he knoweth that he hath but a short time.

Upvote 0