• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

my story

Lily76_

Pray for the Persecuted
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2007
scotland
✟478,739.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
Hi am Ella and am a former sex worker
i started when i was 18 when a so called friend started to pimp me out to men that he knew
then it went on to working on the streets i have been raped by clients

but i carried on working for years i worked until i was 28 then one night after being raped again by client i had enough i decided i had enough
and told a friend what was going on her and her husband helped me to get rid of my so called friend and he never bothered me again i have moved house and gotten married to a wonderful and kind guy and am letting God and Jesus in to my life

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi am Ella and am a former sex worker
i started when i was 18 when a so called friend started to pimp me out to men that he knew
then it went on to working on the streets i have been raped by clients

but i carried on working for years i worked until i was 28 then one night after being raped again by client i had enough i decided i had enough
and told a friend what was going on her and her husband helped me to get rid of my so called friend and he never bothered me again i have moved house and gotten married to a wonderful and kind guy and am letting God and Jesus in to my life

Ella! Thanks for being strong enough to share your life with us. I am so glad you were able to get away from your pimp and get out of the industry. I can relate in many ways to what you wrote.

I am so happy you found a good man to marry and that you have allowed God in your life!

Please feel at home here. :hug:

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hi Ella!:wave:

I so appreciate you sharing your story with us here. Thank you for letting us know that there is hope for anyone who wants to move on with their life.
I'm so glad you have the love of God and a good man.
Welcome to the forums! I look forward to getting to know you better.

Upvote 0

failure

Jun 1, 2010
✟15,153.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
hello ella..i read ur story and i found some kind of hope..i need your help and prayers..my boyfriend situation is somewhat the same as you..we've been dating for two and a half years and we broke up..and then all of a sudden he came back into my life and he brought along that truth that he wanted to date many girls at the same time and have sex with them ..i was shocked..for me he has changed..he was never like this before.after pestering him so much..he told me the entire truth ..i believe if god has sent me back in his life..it's a sign for me to help him out...plz tell me what prayers or how should i pray for him to get out of this evil life and be back to me...am ever ready to accept him fully again.i just want to save him from this life..and he wants my support in all his doing..plz help me

Upvote 0

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
hello ella..i read ur story and i found some kind of hope..i need your help and prayers..my boyfriend situation is somewhat the same as you..we've been dating for two and a half years and we broke up..and then all of a sudden he came back into my life and he brought along that truth that he wanted to date many girls at the same time and have sex with them ..i was shocked..for me he has changed..he was never like this before.after pestering him so much..he told me the entire truth ..i believe if god has sent me back in his life..it's a sign for me to help him out...plz tell me what prayers or how should i pray for him to get out of this evil life and be back to me...am ever ready to accept him fully again.i just want to save him from this life..and he wants my support in all his doing..plz help me

I'm so sorry, sweetie, that sounds very tough to deal with.
I can't really tell you what to do, other than make sure that he knows you won't accept that, and keep praying that God speaks to him in some way.
God is faithful, sweetie... praying for both of you.

And, I understand why you would choose that name for yourself, but you are *not* a failure, sweetie, please don't think of yourself that way. God loves you very, very much, and He will get you through... even when things seem hopeless. :hug:

Upvote 0

BlondieLashes

Finally a butterfly...
Aug 1, 2005
Standing right behind you! ;)
✟19,697.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Hi! My name is Courtney and I was once in a similar situation. The guy I was with was having sex with many women ...it's a long story, but I relate to what you wrote. I would highly recommend getting out of that relationship as soon as possible. You aren't going to change him honey. God can change him, but I wouldn't take him back until that actually happened if it happens at all. You are just setting yourself up for problems if you stay.

Upvote 0

failure

Jun 1, 2010
✟15,153.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
but why did he came back into my life with this whole truth...we did broke up and i was ok ...and then all of a sudden he came back with this truth that he put infront of me and wants me to support him in this..i believe that god want me to be in his life and to pray for him and to change him...plz pray so that i know what god expect from me..what god wants me to do...to pray for him and help him to let go of this evil life..or i should let go of him..the day iv found out all this..i was shocked and sad...and i dont know why i feel like i should help him and stay in his life ..i feel an inner feeling that he will change by god's grace..and the day iv found out all these...iv become closer to god and iv joined this site..iv started sending prayers for him..things iv never done before..plz pray so that i know what i should do..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Criada

Site Supporter
Feb 6, 2007
✟114,628.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It's great that you've come closer to God, though a pity it is through such pain and confusion... but I think that is when many of us seek Him!
Can you tell this man that you want to be his friend and help him, but that you can't support what he's doing or be in a relationship with him whilst he continues this lifestyle?
I'm praying that God will guide you very clearly, sweetie. :hug:

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟255,099.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I heard two stories from Will Hart and Randy Clark in a conference a couple of weeks back.

Will is full of the Holy Spirit and operates in gifts of knowledge, and can lay on hands to give the Spirit away, also he loves lost people, so he goes to the most challenging places where grace is strongest. He went to a town in Asia set up for the sex industry, one meet was with a transvestite, God gave him some words that moved that man's heart.

Randy was given a word for a prostitute, it surprised her a lot so she came from the audience loud spoken, "how did you know?"

She lost her father young, was pack raped at 12, and went into prostitution at a young age, fell pregnant.

She went to church, but on the way out from the toilet overheard the women asking what there church was coming to with her in it, and left.

But now with more children, she was moved by Randy's gift and other prayers to come to Jesus.

Your testimony could help others, especially as you know inner healings and peace, and know you are sanctified... things they will want, and can have too. Your husband also.

Are you one to let the past go and seek for a simple future, or consider things and want healings and restorations?

You have Jesus' blood and it's power for spirit, soul and body. For all you lost to be given back.

Upvote 0