timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sorry for the delay. Should have been last week but been busy lately with other work.

Additional parameters will be tested. Next test is mostly for verification of violation of Newton's 3rd Law. To setup a turn table to better demonstrate thrust produced.

Will be compared against a basic ion propulsion drive. To demonstrate major differences between reaction-based and non-reaction based propulsion systems.

Will also be tested for generation of "gravity-well" or quantum forces analogous to gravity - this is a long standing expectation of mine if the Newton's 3rd Law is ever violated. It leads to non-sensible classical extrapolations that only Quantum Mechanics would make sense of.

It is probably be going to be separated into two threads for separate discussion.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Will also be tested for generation of "gravity-well" or quantum forces analogous to gravity - this is a long standing expectation of mine if the Newton's 3rd Law is ever violated. It leads to non-sensible classical extrapolations that only Quantum Mechanics would make sense of.

Perhaps you need reminding that Quantum Mechanics becomes Classical Mechanics at the macroscopic scale.

Do you know what a gravity well is?

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Additional parameters will be tested. Next test is mostly for verification of violation of Newton's 3rd Law. To setup a turn table to better demonstrate thrust produced.
If you can violate Newton's third law of motion it will be a major change in our knowledge of the world, and you will become famous, perhaps more famous than Newton. I await the publication of your results in a refereed journal.

Meanwhile I will remain skeptical.

Good luck!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you can violate Newton's third law of motion it will be a major change in our knowledge of the world, and you will become famous, perhaps more famous than Newton. I await the publication of your results in a refereed journal.

Meanwhile I will remain skeptical.

Good luck!

Thanks! However, I'm not actually the first (nor to scientifically prove) to have invented a device that is designed to violate Newton's 3rd Law.

I only did something entirely different in principle but hopefully with a massive improvement potential. If anything, this might be the first for such device to have a "launch engine" potential. That can be developed into a powerful engine enough to break free of the Earth's gravity together with its payload and the entire package.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Thanks! However, I'm not actually the first (nor to scientifically prove) to have invented a device that is designed to violate Newton's 3rd Law.

Someone has proven an invention that violates Newton's third law of motion? Where has this been documented?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This one is still being peer reviewed. It officially went out first. Entirely different principle than the one I'm using.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...-theory-explain-EmDrive-man-Mars-10-weeks.htm

There is a major performance issue though and room for further development seem quite limited at the moment.

Interesting. Actually the claim is not that this violates the 3rd law, but rather that the exhaust is not easily detected.
See http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/adva/6/6/10.1063/1.4953807 .

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Interesting. Actually the claim is not that this violates the 3rd law, but rather that the exhaust is not easily detected.
See http://scitation.aip.org/content/aip/journal/adva/6/6/10.1063/1.4953807 .

It is an independent peer review, not solid theory at the moment.

Results tend to be inconclusive due to the very small amount of thrust being produced by the EM Drive (often just dozens of micro newtons).

However, in many published performance figures, the thrust produced per watt is significantly higher than the radiation pressure (0.00667 microNewtons / watt) vs NASA's result in high vacuum (1 microNewton / watt).

It gives me a comfortable advantage at the moment...that is until I get more conclusive proof that my thruster will work in space.

Upvote 0