timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Like I said - no corona discharges in space. As for quantum tunneling, am I to expect that my room lights might stay on when I switch them off, because of tunneling of electrons?

You don't always expect a large current with quantum tunneling. Even if it does happen, the energy drain would be low.

I simply observed when dealing with high voltages at near dielectric breakdown (thin dielectrics), there's a small amount of current drain even if no ionization is present.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟911,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Absolutely elementary electrostatics, and no energy consumption at all - especially n the vacuum of space, where you would have no air molecules to ionize.

Right. In and of itself this wouldn't work(that I can tell).

'Traditional' ion propulsion ionises with Xenon gas because of the reasons you stated, presumably.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Absolutely elementary electrostatics, and no energy consumption at all - especially n the vacuum of space, where you would have no air molecules to ionize.

All we need to do now is wait.

I did say previously in post #6 that I will try to eliminate ionization and observe what happens.

I haven't resumed testing so far, busy, busy busy! :)

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You don't always expect a large current with quantum tunneling. Even if it does happen, the energy drain would be low.

As a piece of understatement, I would say that takes some beating.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟911,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
All we need to do now is wait.

I did say previously in post #6 that I will try to eliminate ionization and observe what happens.

I haven't resumed testing so far, busy, busy busy! :)

If you have what you think you have, contact NASA or SpaceX. I'm sure they'll fall over themselves to facilitate any of your testing needs.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you have what you think you have, contact NASA or SpaceX. I'm sure they'll fall over themselves to facilitate any of your testing needs.

I think I did over 10 years ago. I can't remember what happened to be honest.

All I can remember is someone contacted me from MIT. We talked about it but that's the last of it.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think I did over 10 years ago. I can't remember what happened to be honest.

All I can remember is someone contacted me from MIT. We talked about it but that's the last of it.

They weren't unduly impressed then?

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
They weren't unduly impressed then?

Not taking anything from the OP, but they likely already have this type of technology in a private reserve endeavor of past, or in a black ops program.

The person likely wanted to see if the OP improved on it in such a way that surpasses their own technology - and who the heck the person i's that came up with the technology.

But I still think OP should stop sharing specs and processes on internet forums without a patent or NDA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

You think JPL, Boeing, Locheed haven't come up with something similar - likely giving grant money to MIT, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton... scientists to work on this type of project?

I would have contacted the OP as a generality - after all, if he is right he has figured out something a company, or the government has likely spent millions paying other scientists to figure out. Even if it is theory - again, if it is correct the execution is nothing with sponsorship/grant money.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Not taking anything from the OP, but they likely already have this type of technology in a private reserve endeavor of past, or in a black ops program.

o_O Somehow, I doubt it. If that is the case, astronauts who lost their lives in the space program died in vain. They died for a show when there's a superior and a lot safer space travel technology laying around.

Interesting theory though.

Upvote 0

Chriliman

Everything I need to be joyful is right here
May 22, 2015
✟163,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
o_O Somehow, I doubt it. If that is the case, astronauts who lost their lives in the space program died in vain. They died for a show when there's a superior and a lot safer space travel technology laying around.

This technology would be capable of lifting a rocket ship off the ground?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,210.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
This technology would be capable of lifting a rocket ship off the ground?

I don't know yet if it could. Still a few tests to confirm.

It may never....on the otherhand, it might be able to launch a fully loaded WW2 battleship into space - just wishful thinking.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

This is known to happen in academia. And, commercial technology is still commercial. Boeing and Locheed are just two of many private companies who spend private money to discover and cultivate "new" and "higher" technologies than the present.

They have no obligation to give their technology to anyone for humanitarian purposes, because they are a business. The government's are usually several decades ahead of pedestrian technology; imagine what a private business can do with absolutely no obligation to public disclosure.

Research Universities only get about 15% of their grant money from the governmnt: the rest is from private companies, with a sma percentage public and non profit funds. These are also private institutions Remember, the Manhattan Project was a scientific secret mission with the meat of the theory and intellectual meetings happening in Pupin Laboratories (the physics building) at Columbia University.

If I am being extremely transparent, it is likely your technology exists if only at a private level, but likely a5 the NASA, and military level. Now, what you may be doing is an innovation to an already existent technology. Or, you could even more on to something on par with the institutions and agencies, but maybe they sant to see if you have found a [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ion to the "problem" you may or may not (have) realize(d) yet. That is why I said the MIT associate that met you was likely trying to pique your brain to see exactly where and how far you have come. And, you need to at least get a patent pending status, a NDA, and cease talking about it on forum's - to protect yourself.

Even if I am completely wrong you still need to patent pend, and then get a protection or NDA. Right now, if someone decides to produce work based on your idea, you may not be protected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
You think JPL, Boeing, Locheed haven't come up with something similar - likely giving grant money to MIT, Columbia, Harvard, Princeton... scientists to work on this type of project?

What I think is that any scientist working for Boeing, or whoever, is unlikely to have forgotten his undergraduate level electromagnetic theory.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
What I think is that any scientist working for Boeing, or whoever, is unlikely to have forgotten his undergraduate level electromagnetic theory.

Heh,

Undergrad EM at some schools is graduate level.

But, that is also assuming undergrad EM is correct, or that the theory the OP presents isn't correct within a neighborhood. Neither is anywhere near a guarantee; physics is at best amending itself to accommodate errors or deviations.

And, a scientist a Boeing may be working on something theoretical that the world thinks is hogwash, but because of the money available they have reproduced a product and tested it. Boeing is private: they have no obligation to share their technologies or scientific advancements with the public.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Heh,

Undergrad EM at some schools is graduate level.

But, that is also assuming undergrad EM is correct

It had better be correct, otherwise just about every electrical device you own is about to stop working.

Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It had better be correct, otherwise just about every electrical device you own is about to stop working.

Truth is stranger than fiction...

I have personally seen stranger things happen in the lab...

I have also seen stranger on Dr. Who.

I am not saying definitively that OP is being gangstalked by private industry scientists who want to steal his technology. If it is the case, it wouldn't surprise me at all since it happens much more than it should.

My main concern is his intellectual property - talking about his ideas on a public forum endangers his property no matter how many of us think it is nonsense. OP needs to get protection if serious about building/innovating/testing.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,168.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I remember some of my undergrad days. The hovering aluminum ring was a standard demonstration. And that could be made to accelerate and fly over 20 feet into the air.

I also remember the math of a field generated by a dipole, it decreases as the cube of the distance. That makes something like this virtually worthless.

Upvote 0