Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I am not saying definitively that OP is being gangstalked by private industry scientists who want to steal his technology.

I doubt if he has any need to worry about that, somehow.

If they could develop a battery with a high enough energy density to carry a plane across the Atlantic, itself a very major challenge, (let alone get a spaceship into orbit) that energy would probably be used to do something really really boring, like turn a propellor.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tatteredsoul

Feb 4, 2016
New York/Int'l
✟14,624.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I doubt if he has any need to worry about that, somehow.

If they could develop a battery with a high enough energy density to carry a plane across the Atlantic, let alone get a spaceship into orbit - and itself a very major challenge - that energy would probably be used to do something really really boring, like turn a propellor.

Probably, if enough money was in the picture. No use in exploiting new technologies for consumption if you can't get as much money as possible, for as long as possible. Capitalism, after all.

Usually the public isn't the first to get access, since tey don't have the money.

I think the fact someone would take time to meet with OP after discussions is enough to take it seriously enough that it needs protection. It could matter 20 years from now, who knows?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
I think the fact someone would take time to meet with OP after discussions is enough to take it seriously enough that it needs protection. It could matter 20 years from now, who knows?

At a guess he sent them an email, a three or four minute telephone conversation followed, and that was it.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Probably, if enough money was in the picture. No use in exploiting new technologies for consumption if you can't get as much money as possible, for as long as possible. Capitalism, after all.

Usually the public isn't the first to get access, since tey don't have the money.

If somebody could come up with an electric aeroplane which was:

a.) More than an amateur's pipe dream,
b.) Economical in fuel consumption,
c.) Was viable in the sense that people were prepared to put up with its almost certainly slower speed,

I suspect that aircraft manufacturers would be interested. So would the oil companies for that matter; especially as the same technology could be used to power road vehicles.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Standard 30,000 volts DC, estimated at under 10 watts. I should have included this info in the video, silly me!:doh:
10 watts? How long would it take you to get to the moon if your main thrust engine is 10 watts?

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
10 watts? How long would it take you to get to the moon if your main thrust engine is 10 watts?

There are about 33,000 watt hours in a gallon of petrol. I don't know how many gallons of kerosene a Saturn V rocket carried.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,400.00
Faith
Atheist
There are about 33,000 watt hours in a gallon of petrol. I don't know how many gallons of kerosene a Saturn V rocket carried.
203,400 gallons of kerosene and 308,000 gallons of LOX in the first stage. The second and third stages used hydrogen and oxygen.

Upvote 0

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟328,400.00
Faith
Atheist
I'd hate to have to pay to fill that thing up.
I'd hate to sit on top of it - the biggest chemical bomb in history!

Reminds me of what John Glenn said about his launch on the Atlas LV-3B for his Mercury mission in Friendship 7:

I guess the question I'm asked the most often is: "When you were sitting in that capsule listening to the count-down, how did you feel?" Well, the answer to that one is easy. I felt exactly how you would feel if you were getting ready to launch and knew you were sitting on top of two million parts -- all built by the lowest bidder on a government contract.

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Ironically, this invention of mine has been sitting around since 2003. I decided to shelve it for a while due to lack of interest. It's a form of fully electric, Non-Newtonian, propellantless propulsion device that may be used on spacecraft in the future.

When I heard about the British EM drive last year, I decided to make my invention known. It's an entirely different device than the British EM drive. It utilizes the attractive forces between electrostatic dipoles instead of microwave energy. It is a much more compact, simpler and lighter weight device. There's even a massive room for improvement I haven't explored yet due to lack of opportunities.

The video below describes the basic principles and the short test performed to indicate thrust (more test videos coming soon of the same tests I did back in 2003!)

I call it the "Altered Electric Field Frame of Reference Drive" (AEFFOR) or A4 Drive for short. The principle is analogous to spacetime curvature in altering frames of reference but with Electric Fields instead of gravity and light. Thanks for watching!

My advice would be to consult with a college physics professor first to evaluate if whether or not you're pursuing the same thing multitudes of others have long since been through and done with.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
My advice would be to consult with a college physics professor first to evaluate if whether or not you're pursuing the same thing multitudes of others have long since been through and done with.

Maybe the others would have at least high school physics.

Upvote 0

Waterwerx

Jul 14, 2016
Hazleton, PA
✟63,759.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Single
Maybe the others would have at least high school physics.

Some high schools don't even bother to teach applied physics as a required science course. The only way for us to take it would be to specifically ask for/need it and meet the math prerequisites. I didn't take it until college and had to suffer through two 4-credit algebra based courses and a 5-credit calculus based course. I especially hated the optics and electromagnetics modules in the courses.

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Some high schools don't even bother to teach applied physics as a required science course. The only way for us to take it would be to specifically ask for/need it and meet the math prerequisites. I didn't take it until college and had to suffer through two 4-credit algebra based courses and a 5-credit calculus based course. I especially hated the optics and electromagnetics modules in the courses.

Elementary physics is always a good thing to have if you want to design anything more complicated than a crowbar, let alone a revolutionary propulsion system that would have to disobey the laws of physics.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I would have contacted the OP as a generality - after all, if he is right he has figured out something a company, or the government has likely spent millions paying other scientists to figure out. Even if it is theory - again, if it is correct the execution is nothing with sponsorship/grant money.

There's a logical reason why I didn't have to spend millions:

- No payroll (with benefits and allowances) and one staff (my free time like a hobby)
- No office/dedicated research center (this alone could be worth over a million)
- Only utterly necessary tests are executed
- No jukebox :)

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am not saying definitively that OP is being gangstalked by private industry scientists who want to steal his technology. If it is the case, it wouldn't surprise me at all since it happens much more than it should.

My main concern is his intellectual property - talking about his ideas on a public forum endangers his property no matter how many of us think it is nonsense. OP needs to get protection if serious about building/innovating/testing.

Thanks for your concern but no worries.

I still have few secrets to keep ;) I just need more proof and that's what I'm doing with these little experiments.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

I guess it would be longer than the time it will take me to figure out the answer :)

It's just a test rig. It will take a lot more than that to do any serious work and quantum leap in development to make it lift its own weight (plus weight of power pack, and eventually with payload).

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess it would be longer than the time it will take me to figure out the answer :)

It's just a test rig. It will take a lot more than that to do any serious work and quantum leap in development to make it lift its own weight (plus weight of power pack, and eventually with payload).
Ok, you are going to make a battery powered object lift its own weight, support a payload, and eventually blast it out into space? Good luck with that. Batteries are notoriously heavy for the amount of energy they contain. Gasoline contains far more energy per pound than what a battery does.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ok, you are going to make a battery powered object lift its own weight, support a payload, and eventually blast it out into space? Good luck with that. Batteries are notoriously heavy for the amount of energy they contain. Gasoline contains far more energy per pound than what a battery does.

Batteries are out of the question....

But just in case you're wondering, watch this 10 lb electric helicopter (powered by Lithium Polymer batteries) rip the sky! :)

Upvote 0

lesliedellow

Sep 20, 2010
United Kingdom
Visit site
✟104,175.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Batteries are out of the question....

But just in case you're wondering, watch this 10 lb electric helicopter (powered by Lithium Polymer batteries) rip the sky! :)

Now all you have got to do is develop a battery which can store enough energy to carry about 3,000 tons into orbit - not five minutes a few feet off the ground.

Upvote 0

doubtingmerle

I'll think about it.
Site Supporter
Jan 28, 2003
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟468,520.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Now all you have got to do is develop a battery which can store enough energy to carry about 3,000 tons into orbit - not five minutes a few feet off the ground.
Anyone who can make a battery like that would be very rich. Alternative energy is not good at supplying the energy we need at the exact time we need it, or at being easily used in mobile applications like trucks, tractors, or cars. But a super efficient, economical, light weight battery? That opens up a whole lot of applications.

Upvote 0