• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

My bestfriend is bipolar and he's going through a bad patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Racheal

Peace, Love and Understanding.
Jul 30, 2004
✟15,951.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi my name is Racheal,

I mainly hang out on the Aussie part of this forum.

Well my best friend Matthew is bipolar... he had his first episode last October (2003), and he is currently going through his second episode (sorry i dont know how else to decribe it). The first one was brought on by drug abuse but this one was soley stress.

I am currently crying as i write this as i cant explain how bad i feel for him, he says he feels so lost and scared. I feel so scared for him.

Im am praying for him to get through this episode safely as last time he ran away and got aressted.

I just wanted to talk to someone about my beautiful best friend as im feeling abit lonely and sad for him.

Praise be to God for this forum... so we can share through the good times and the bad. Thanx for reading this far.

Luv Racheal

B

brinley45cal

Well it sounds like he has a great friend to count on.Just continue to pray for him and be an example and an ecouragment to him.I sometimes suffer from depresion and it can be a lonly place without someone there for you.I will say that taking illegal drugs can cause it to be worse and make it flare up so thats an issue that really needs to be addressed.God Bless You and your friend.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.