USA
✟954,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The US Federal Reserve is just one central bank of many around the world, that are regulated by the IMF. The BRICS nations are building a competing organization, to manage world trade.

I assume that the exchange rate on a ounce of gold, will be a ounce of gold.

There's a number moving on the debt clock that should be stagnant.

~bella

Reactions: Hazelelponi
Upvote 0

SMTA

Jul 28, 2023
Ohio
✟16,565.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Information will be in limited supply should the grid go down.

I recently purchased one of these:

I got it for like 80 bucks, with tax, on ebay.

I've been clearly listening to shortwave transmissions from around the world; and this morning I was listening to a HAM operator from over 600 miles away, clear as day. I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

I can charge it on a USB cable; and it is reported that the battery will last for days of use.
No electric power for charging makes that a one use purchase.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Sorry to hear.

Did you also bought lots of guns or bows/x-bows, knives, swords, ammunition or non-lethal self defense weapons?

Since you tried to prepare for the collapse of society, I'd think you'd also plan to defend your investment with both lethal or non-lethal weapons.

With collapse of society, we are to expect lawlessness to break loose and heavily armed gangs roaming the streets to steal things.

It would be wise to form a heavily armed/defended community as well. Eventually, to expand the community by forging alliances with other communities. Expansion is the only way to have some sort of order and stability in a post-apocalyptic civilization through diplomacy or worse.

Not in my plans at all, not remotely. I can't afford even just one tiny handgun!
Building community is of tremendous value in any situation where we can't rely on a government for help. Not all of us excel in every skill that a community places value on. That is why we work well in communities in even the best of circumstances. If you can't defend what your community finds valuable in you; then it would be wise to build a stronger community, and to build stronger value to that community. If you have certain skills that the community would find difficult to replace without you; they will work harder to protect you.

The lone wolf is in a precarious situation, armed or not.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
No electric power for charging makes that a one use purchase.
It uses very little power; and I can charge the battery via USB, via a solar panel; and it is reported that a single charge will last for days.

Just for that I popped it open. It has a 3.7V 3000mAh battery. I have a whole box of Chevy alternators from the '60's and '70's, a large box of V-belts, and several bicycle frames (that I'm holding in case I need to manually power my grain thresher and my sorghum press) I could easily make a leg powered charger, should I lose my solar panels. If an EMP takes out my box of alternators. I have enough scrap Al, Cu, and NaCl lying around, that I can make my own battery. I have enough scrap Al, and Cu, to power the thing for the rest of my life.

About 20 years ago, I read the transcript of a dissertation that was given by an economist at a University. I wish that I could find it again. I have searched the internet long and hard to find it again, with no success.

This man had defected from the Soviet Union, and got his degree in economics here in the US. When the Soviet Union collapsed, he was able to go back home to visit friends and family. He said that the Soviet economy was very similar to the US economy; and that we can learn from what he saw in the wake of their economic collapse.

I learned much from his dissertation; and one of the key things that I leaned was that when an economy collapses; we have to find new ways of doing things.

One of the things that he mentioned was that nails became a very valuable commodity in the wake of supply chain issues. Nails are useful for building things that one wouldn't need if one had electricity, and one could just go to the store to buy what he wanted.

If we face economic collapse; we will have to find solutions that might not resemble our normal way of getting things done.

I love to shop at Goodwill. I can buy technical books there, that no one seems to want. I can buy a book for 1 dollar, that would cost me hundreds of dollars if I was taking the college course.

One of my prized finds is a book on how to engineer a steam boiler. I have no intentions of building a boiler; but if the the power grid, communications, the supply chain, and the internet are down indefinitely; I have all of the information that I need to build a steam powered electric generator; and it only cost me a buck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sorry to hear.

Did you also bought lots of guns or bows/x-bows, knives, swords, ammunition or non-lethal self defense weapons?

Since you tried to prepare for the collapse of society, I'd think you'd also plan to defend your investment with both lethal or non-lethal weapons.

With collapse of society, we are to expect lawlessness to break loose and heavily armed gangs roaming the streets to steal things.

It would be wise to form a heavily armed/defended community as well. Eventually, to expand the community by forging alliances with other communities. Expansion is the only way to have some sort of order and stability in a post-apocalyptic civilization through diplomacy or worse.

Not in my plans at all, not remotely. I can't afford even just one tiny handgun!

Yeah back then I had 17 of various guns in the house and a decent amount of ammo. Local community ready to pull together.

And that's the concern isn't it? Defense from the insanity the cities become when they realize where the food is.

I sold all those guns back in the day, but my husband has a hunting rifle and a hand gun for the home, which is sufficient for us.

For me it's kind of weird but I wasn't saved back when I did all that prepping, but now that I am saved I honestly don't know/don't think I could ever shoot anyone.. even in that situation where my life was at stake, most especially over items I give for free to anyone who comes to me with need.

Guns are expensive nowadays though so we will never stockpile like that again. The guns we have are what we have... But I am grateful to have that because hunting is needed, and to the rest... Sigh. Hopefully it never gets that bad, though I do honestly worry about it somewhat.

Last edited:
Reactions: john23237
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
That hasn't been my experience.
Have you ever considered the possibility you're off-track?
I pray for people all the time and the Lord shows up. Big and small.
And I've gotten healings too.

~bella

Disability changed the entire path of my life on a spiritual level - including the fact I honestly don't believe I would be saved if it hadn't occurred and my life hadn't taken such a sharp turn.

One of my favorite pastors once said something along the lines of having to strip people of every hope they have in themselves to bring them to God.

That pastor's not wrong, and that's exactly what God had to do with me.

I am not angry or upset or railing at God over this, He brought me home in the way it took for me to actually get there in truth. I'm good with that.

If God chooses to heal me though it will be an actual medical miracle. A provable one. I'll leave that in His Hand... If He chooses not to, that's okay too. They have the only sign they need; the sign of Jonah.

God has given me all I really wanted. I don't need more.

(But I still whine sometimes... Hahaha. I figure that's okay too.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

There's a difference between forging alliances for survival and everyday living. There's greater scrutiny. When people are trying to save their neck they look for the strongest, fittest and most adept in the bunch. They don't want casualties or dead weight.

Where you live is the most important part of survival. If you live in an area where needs are met your neighbors are less likely to need your resources. If you have to defend against them and poachers it's harder. You want to be surrounded by plenty. It fosters a different atmosphere and usually secures more assistance than other areas.

The government isn't entering a war zone. They're content to let the residents kill themselves. Depending on the severity of circumstances some places may be abandoned. Most people have alternatives if they can afford them or they're putting them in place.

Trust is murky in unsafe conditions. People often assume they'll be accepting, openminded or play the hero but they're lying to themselves. When you've seen the worst of human nature up close you know otherwise.

I remember a conversation I had with the Lord early in my walk. I was in a missionary prep program and were discussing hospitality. One of the ladies in our class had three male students living with her (and her husband). They were muslim and that was their ministry.

He said I could do something similar for others on furlough and I told Him I couldn't. I said I'm not like that woman. I would never bring strangers around children and if they were harmed them I'd never forgive myself and I'd have to address it. He understood what I meant.

Societal breakdowns bring out the worst in us. People talk about looting but graver crimes occur. I can't have that in my house or my land. I know myself too well. They'd have to be dealt with.

When you're forging alliances you need to know who you're dealing with. Know their bones if you can. I'd rather live around the illuminati than ordinary folks. I know what they'll do and they're likely to have a no-fly zone for several miles. Security is plentiful. Everyone has it.

There's many ways to play the game. You have to choose the strategy best suited to your nature and circumstances. I can't ride with someone who doesn't know their nature. Many people believe they're better than they are. They're the ones I avoid. They haven't confronted the animal.

I value people with killer instincts. They know how to survive and do what's required. You build relationships with tough minded people beforehand. Not in the midst of calamity because they'll never trust you.

~bella

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Critical Thinking ***contra*** Conformity!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,141,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Iran has suspended commercial traffic over its' airspace. Iranian and Israeli embassies are being evacuated. Widespread blackouts in Israel due to cyber attacks on grid. Israeli cargo vessel seized by Iran. Netanyahu takes refuge in a nuclear bunker. Biden suspends his vacation. Israel jams GPS throughout the region. IDF sets guidelines to end protests by Israelis.

What can we derive from this? If the war ramps up in the Middle East; we can expect to see oil prices skyrocket. They are already climbing quickly. Civilization as we know it is fueled by oil. It's possible that we could see another Middle East oil embargo. This could cause the price of oil to climb at even a greater rate. Financial analysts have purported that if crude reaches $130/barrel; that it would have such severe effects on the supply chain; that it could send the entire world into economic collapse. The supply chain is already strained with disruptions to Middle East shipping channels. All of this might explain why the price of gold is skyrocketing. The smart money is buying physical assets.

I've been investing heavily in practical assets that I might need if I'm forced to live a more primitive lifestyle.

Let us prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.

Like this kind of thing has never happened before in history, right?

Still, I understand some of the concern ...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I can't ride with someone who doesn't know their nature. Many people believe they're better than they are. They're the ones I avoid. They haven't confronted the anima

Most people haven't had to.

I know exactly what I would do and think standing in front of the barrel of the gun because I have been there and I know beyond doubt I'd stand in front of a bullet to save someone I love .. (my entire reaction was actual surprising to me because I lost any and all sense of fear... It does show you exactly who you are when push comes to shove)

But unless you've served in the military, been a cop (or are a criminal) you've never really been on the other side of the barrel to know how you'd be.

All most people can do is guess... And most of those guesses would be dead wrong. The real thing always is revealing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Societal breakdowns bring out the worst in us.
Sometimes. Sometimes they bring out the best. Look at how people pull together sometimes in the wake of natural disasters in America. It's difficult to know if that would be sustained if those people realized that no outside help was on the way. Americans have it easy compared to some other nations; so the negative psychological effects on our people could be catastophic, in comparison to societies that deal with turmoil on a day to day basis.

• Agree
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I recently found a new technology (Simple Pump) that enables us to pump water from 300 feet down, by hand.

They're not cheap; but it's difficult to place a value on being able to extract water from a well that is driven by an electric pump, when there is no electricity.

For some it could be life saving.
My son has a well that is a couple hundred feet down. He has an electric pump and also a manual backup. That is a job to pull the water up 200 feet. That is a lot of water, and it is heavy. I am curious about the "simple pump" tech and will investigate further.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
my entire reaction was actual surprising to me because I lost any and all sense of fear.

But unless you've served in the military, been a cop (or are a criminal) you've never really been on the other side of the barrel to know.
I've had guns pointed at me a few times. It goes along with living in a crime ridden city.

The one time I was being robbed, and I made one of the two robbers nervous, because I was too calm. I was having a casual conversation with them. He moved his pistol from my kidney, and was jamming it into my neck. I remained calm, which made him even more nervous. The hand that was jamming the pistol into my neck started shaking with adrenaline. I thank our father in heaven that I manged to make him feel at ease, long enough to finish the robbery.

I try to remain ready to meet my maker. I'm here for as long as my father wishes, not one moment more, not one moment less. If it happens again, I might fake some fear to keep everyone calm; but I could be driving down the road, whistling to a tune, and it could all be over in less time than it takes to blink.

We always need to be prepared for our father's beckoning.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I've had guns pointed at me a few times. It goes along with living in a crime ridden city.

The one time I was being robbed, and I made one of the two robbers nervous, because I was too calm. I was having a casual conversation with them. He moved his pistol from my kidney, and was jamming it into my neck. I remained calm, which made him even more nervous. The hand that was jamming the pistol into my neck started shaking with adrenaline. I thank our father in heaven that I manged to make him feel at ease, long enough to finish the robbery.

I try to remain ready to meet my maker. I'm here for as long as my father wishes, not one moment more, not one moment less. If it happens again, I might fake some fear to keep everyone calm; but I could be driving down the road, whistling to a tune, and it could all be over in less time than it takes to blink.

We always need to be prepared for our father's beckoning.

Hey, since you moved the thread can we ask what direction you want the thread to go in or are we just trying to go with the flow of conversation here... ?

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟701,932.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Look at how people pull together sometimes in the wake of natural disasters in America.

Here's my opinion, and it's just opinion but I think the unity we experience in America over natural disasters and the like is because as "Americans" we have always had unity based around shared values based in concepts of freedom and the like.

That unity is completely disappeared.

Now daily in the news rural America is slandered and lied about and painted as public enemy #1 because we want good and sensible governance exactly to prevent nightmare scenarios like economic collapse and WW3.

I think now with all the hatred and disunity of purpose they will simply be coming for our lives... They won't think twice about it either instead of trying to come together as Americans in common cause.

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
My son has a well that is a couple hundred feet down. He has an electric pump and also a manual backup. That is a job to pull the water up 200 feet. That is a lot of water, and it is heavy. I am curious about the "simple pump" tech and will investigate further.
Interesting. I read a few years ago that the most that one could get out of a manual pump was something like 75 feet. I just watched a video that was created by Simple Pump that claims 325, and that it can go deeper than any other hand pump.

I have visited their website; and these pumps aren't cheap. I don't have a well; but my next door neighbor does. We can now drink out of my pond if push comes to shove; but I would rather that we could drink out of his well. I'd be interested in a more affordable option. We're both big strong guys. His static water level was at 300 feet, when I checked last year.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, since you moved the thread can we ask what direction you want the thread to go in or are we just trying to go with the flow of conversation here... ?
I'd like to keep it focused on awareness and prepping; but in this forum we have the freedom to elaborate on political aspects, not that I think that anyone would care about Left or Right, or national pride if they are living on grass, dying of thirst, freezing to death in the dark, while trying to defend their lives from roving cannibals wielding full auto firearms.

• Informative
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,549.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Here's my opinion, and it's just opinion but I think the unity we experience in America over natural disasters and the like is because as "Americans" we have always had unity based around shared values based in concepts of freedom and the like.

That unity is completely disappeared.

Now daily in the news rural America is slandered and lied about and painted as public enemy #1 because we want good and sensible governance exactly to prevent nightmare scenarios like economic collapse and WW3.

I think now with all the hatred and disunity of purpose they will simply be coming for our lives... They won't think twice about it either instead of trying to come together as Americans in common cause.
Those in power will do what they can to stay in power. Right and Left is theater for the masses, while those who fund their campaigns continue to get stinking rich.

The people of the world need to come together and cry out in unison for peace.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
But unless you've served in the military, been a cop (or are a criminal) you've never really been on the other side of the barrel to know how you'd be.

You don't have to be in those situations to experience that. If you're fairly adventurous you'll run into many scenarios. Some good and otherwise. I've been threatened twice. The first time was late at night while coming off the train in a not so good area. My wits saved my neck. I told him I didn't have any money but I did. I didn't have it in the place you'd expect when looking in a wallet. I don't know if he had a weapon but he let me go and got the guy coming up the stairs.

The second time was worse. We were partying at a strangers house late at night. How bad could that be? Pun intended. I didn't get hurt but I begged the Lord for protection and promised if He got me out of it I wouldn't do it again and I kept that promise.

In both situations my poise was my saving grace. I was calm and unemotional. But my mind was sharp and my nerves were steely. I don't crack under pressure or get hysterical. I don't cry or get afraid. A switch is flipped and my response is automatic. Chaos brings out the best in me.

My sense of self-preservation is great. I'm not the type to go down with the ship. My inner alarm will tell me to jump. I was built for such a time as this. A ruthless world with every man for himself. It doesn't bother me. I don't lament former times. I adapt. That's how you survive.

I'm not worried about things hitting fan or what's on the horizon. The unexpected is a certainty. You can spend your life worrying about this and that or learn how to stand and roll with the punches.

~bella

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,745.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Those in power will do what they can to stay in power. Right and Left is theater for the masses, while those who fund their campaigns continue to get stinking rich.

The people of the world need to come together and cry out in unison for peace.

I wish people would wake up and see it for what it is. But that's wishful thinking. Every belief has a hook. Something it's latching onto inside of us to draw us in.

I don't believe in politics because I know they're lying and they're on the same team. You're watching a movie. Some actors are better than others but it's make believe nonetheless.

Cause money rides together. They don't break ranks without a reason. And it's usually retribution. When you see someone go down they [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]ed someone off assuming the take down is real. Some of them are fake.

~bella

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟302,106.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
If you live in an area where needs are met your neighbors are less likely to need your resources.

That situation won't stay for long in the total collapse of society even in remote/isolated areas.

If I'm an outsider, that's exactly the place I'd be looking for and probably millions of others like me. It won't take long before you're discovered and eventually overrun. Distance is really not an obstacle in these situations. People would still be running cars or even planes and helicopters. Even if they're gone, there'd still be bicycles and I can cover few hundred miles/day in a bicycle with very little water with or without eating.

You'll till need to mount good defense and in the end, defense alone won't take you to the next 10 years. You'll need to forge alliances or absorb smaller communities (peacefully if possible).

Long term survival means expansion. Trust may no longer be a privilege but a luxury. You'll need to create specific rules to prevent untrustworthy persons from taking over because things can be so desperate even help from untrustworthy persons would be needed.

Upvote 0