US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Iran has suspended commercial traffic over its' airspace. Iranian and Israeli embassies are being evacuated. Widespread blackouts in Israel due to cyber attacks on grid. Israeli cargo vessel seized by Iran. Netanyahu takes refuge in a nuclear bunker. Biden suspends his vacation. Israel jams GPS throughout the region. IDF sets guidelines to end protests by Israelis.

What can we derive from this? If the war ramps up in the Middle East; we can expect to see oil prices skyrocket. They are already climbing quickly. Civilization as we know it is fueled by oil. It's possible that we could see another Middle East oil embargo. This could cause the price of oil to climb at even a greater rate. Financial analysts have purported that if crude reaches $130/barrel; that it would have such severe effects on the supply chain; that it could send the entire world into economic collapse. The supply chain is already strained with disruptions to Middle East shipping channels. All of this might explain why the price of gold is skyrocketing. The smart money is buying physical assets.

I've been investing heavily in practical assets that I might need if I'm forced to live a more primitive lifestyle.

Let us prepare for the worst, and pray for the best.

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Showing weakness emboldens your enemies. They are testing the waters to see how much they can get away with. We should not panic.
I hope I am right! :oops:

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟145,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Israel attacked an Iranian consulate in Syria, killing two Iranian Generals, and five officers. Iran warned of retaliation. Israel warned that if retaliation came, that Israel would bomb Iran's nuclear plants. Their plants are deep underground. Would that require a nuclear weapon? Iran said that if Israel bombs Iran's nuclear plants (they're so far under ground that they probably wouldn't suffer any damage) ; that Iran will bomb Israel's nuclear plants, rendering their land uninhabitable for generations to come.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Israel attacked an Iranian consulate in Syria, killing two Iranian Generals, and five officers. Iran warned of retaliation. Israel warned that if retaliation came, that Israel would bomb Iran's nuclear plants. Their plants are deep underground. Would that require a nuclear weapon? Iran said that if Israel bombs Iran's nuclear plants (they're so far under ground that they probably wouldn't suffer any damage) ; that Iran will bomb Israel's nuclear plants, rendering their land uninhabitable for generations to come.
Certainly not good. They are painting themselves into corners where there is no possible "face-saving" way to get out.

• Agree
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Information will be in limited supply should the grid go down.

I recently purchased one of these:

I got it for like 80 bucks, with tax, on ebay.

I've been clearly listening to shortwave transmissions from around the world; and this morning I was listening to a HAM operator from over 600 miles away, clear as day. I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

I can charge it on a USB cable; and it is reported that the battery will last for days of use.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

I've been clearly listening to shortwave transmissions from around the world; and this morning I was listening to a HAM operator from over 600 miles away, clear as day. I'm very satisfied with this purchase.

I can charge it on a USB cable; and it is reported that the battery will last for days of use.
I have been planning to get a for-real SW radio. My son has one with a pretty good antenna.
I should have moved on the compulsion when I had the chance...

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Certainly not good. They are painting themselves into corners where there is no possible "face-saving" way to get out.
WWIII has begun. I don't believe that there is any way out of that at this point. The billionaires in the US are building bunkers for themselves en masse. My only question at this point is how intense will the suffering become for everyone in the world.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I have been planning to get a for-real SW radio. My son has one with a pretty good antenna.
I should have moved on the compulsion when I had the chance...
Real? This radio comes highly touted by many licensed HAM operators. The difference between this receiver and a "real" one, is the capability to XMIT.

I don't need to XMIT to hear what is going on around me; but it would be nice to ask questions. That would require power in a grid down situation...quite a luxury. It could potentially give away my geolocation; and inform the entire world where to come to marvel at my copious source of electricity.

Spies listen to numbers stations for information codes; but they don't XMIT back.

Is it too late to buy one?

You can get your license on the back end. If things completely fall apart; you won't need a license.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,249,192.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

You can get your license on the back end. If things completely fall apart; you won't need a license.
There is a Panasonic RF-2200 that is a fine vintage SW and broadband receiver. Doesn’t send but it does have a beat oscillation unit to pick up HAM signals too.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
There is a Panasonic RF-2200 that is a fine vintage SW and broadband receiver. Doesn’t send but it does have a beat oscillation unit to pick up HAM signals too.
The one I purchased has BFO with options for AM, LSB, and USB. It also has a built in decoder.

• Informative
Reactions: SavedByGrace3
Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Real? This radio comes highly touted by many licensed HAM operators. The difference between this receiver and a "real" one, is the capability to XMIT.

I don't need to XMIT to hear what is going on around me; but it would be nice to ask questions. That would require power in a grid down situation...quite a luxury. It could potentially give away my geolocation; and inform the entire world where to come to marvel at my copious source of electricity.

Spies listen to numbers stations for information codes; but they don't XMIT back.

Yeah... At this point I just want to listen to the chatter.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Drinking water will be a top priority in a grid down situation. Years ago I purchased a Waterwise 1600 still. My tap water is not potable; but it is from the aquifer. It tastes horrible. I distilled my tap water for starters. It still tasted horrible after two runs through the Waterwise. I love the design and workmanship; but I ruled that out for meeting my water needs. Recently I purchased a ProOne Traveler water filter. I started with my tap water test. It worked great! No taste whatsoever. ProOne is NSF/ANSI-42 certified; and my filters are good for up to about 1000 gallons. Between the Waterwise and the ProOne, I feel confident that I can live on my scummy pond water. I'll distill it before I filter it, as not to clog up my filters so much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Looks similar...
www.amazon.com/dp/B0B63GYCQ3

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,406.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The one I purchased has BFO with options for AM, LSB, and USB. It also has a built in decoder.
I want one with a rechargeable battery via a USB port. I have a USB solar charger, which I think will do the job.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
Israel attacked an Iranian consulate in Syria, killing two Iranian Generals, and five officers. Iran warned of retaliation.
True to their word, Iran responded before this weekend was over. They struck an Israeli airport. Many nations had warned their citizens to get out of Israel before this strike.

This comes on Bikkurim (First Fruits) according to the Zadokite calendar.

• Wow
Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I want one with a rechargeable battery via a USB port. I have a USB solar charger, which I think will do the job.
I did a tremendous amount of research before I purchased this radio. I got the latest revision (there are several) the ATS25AMP

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,109,363.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
That's the MAX. It's an earlier revision. Again I researched heavily before making my purchase. I'm convinced that the AMP, the newest revision, is worth every penny of the few dollars more that you'll pay for the AMP.

Fred in the Shed, on Youtube, explains some of the differences between the AMP, the MAX and X1:

[Edit] I had to take down the video. I forgot that at one point, in his surprise, he used some inappropriate language. P.S. He's also mistaken about the X1 being the first model.

BTW, I got a book with mine, but not the fancy case.

I think that I would have rather had the case. It wasn't very difficult to figure out how to use it. I didn't read the book.

Last edited:
Upvote 0