Midwest
✟82,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I agree. I guess I am just trying to convince my self that it is okay.

I'm a woman and I love discussing the Bible.But women in the pulpit annoy me. Some male pastors annoy me, not because they are male though.

Upvote 0

brodav9@thicket

Feb 2, 2022
Sylacauga, Alabama
✟26,336.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus didn't die on the cross as a sinner and also literally take our sin onto himself. He was our substitute and took our punishment only. He was most holy and was called the Holy one of Israel. Why would he go to Hades and fight being he created the devil and Hades . The keys were a figure of speech to say he was a God of all authority. He commanded the pigs to jump off the cliff not wrestle with them. Matt. 8:31 That is all I can say here.

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟750,190.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
also can't a woman preach the gospel on the streets? The being a keeper at home refers to wives and mothers but what about if youa re single and have no children and have plenty of time to preach?
This afternoon, my wife and I met 3 people from China. We were in the car park of a state park where wildlife abounds. They asked us where they could see kangaroos.

The husband was quite closed off. His wife shone with Jesus. I spoke to the husband while my wife spoke his wife. There was nothing forced about it. We shared something of our faith. It was not easy as my Chinese is non existent and their English not good. We parted on good terms and exchanged phone numbers. There is no such thing as coincidence. God wanted us to meet, especially the Christian woman.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Jesus didn't die on the cross as a sinner and also literally take our sin onto himself. He was our substitute and took our punishment only. He was most holy and was called the Holy one of Israel. Why would he go to Hades and fight being he created the devil and Hades . The keys were a figure of speech to say he was a God of all authority. He commanded the pigs to jump off the cliff not wrestle with them. Matt. 8:31 That is all I can say here.

The Harrowing of Hell doctrine of the early church, still maintained by the Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, Assyrians, and in the West I believe by some traditional Catholics, Anglicans and Lutherans, my friends @chevyontheriver @Shane R and @MarkRohfrietsch would know, is that our Lord, when in Hell, preached to those souls interred there and allowed those who followed Him to escape, for example, the holy Patriarchs of Israel. This is one reason why the Paschal Homily of St. Chrysostom describes Hell as despoiled, because due to the salvific work of Christ in His Incarnation, Baptism, Transfiguration, Crucifixion, Resurrection and Ascension, in which all men were lifted up, and in which all Christians can participate through Baptism, Communion and other sacramental mysteries, we are no longer inexorably destined to wind up in the realm of the dead, but can be saved and preserved in Heavenly grace, and on the dread day of judgement be counted among the righteous and enter into the World to Come, rather than being consigned to the Lake of Fire, which would be our fate without the salvation made possible by Christ our true God.

Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟492,451.00
Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm a woman and I love discussing the Bible.But women in the pulpit annoy me. Some male pastors annoy me, not because they are male though.

I know many women who feel this way, and some have even switched churches over it, yet traditional churches which have only male clergy are still falsely accused of sexism.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Acts chapter 1, women can teach the bible. Both sons and daughters. Thiers much ignorance that women can't teach. Deborah in Judge's chapter 4 and 5 was Teacher and prophetess.
Anna of Luke chapter 1 was prophetess and teacher.
Near future, God is going to use both sons and daughters to accomplish His will and bible prophecy, Acts chapter 1, and mark chapter 13.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Acts chapter 1, women can teach the bible. Both sons and daughters. Thiers much ignorance that women can't teach. Deborah in Judge's chapter 4 and 5 was Teacher and prophetess.
Near future, God is going to use both sons and daughters to accomplish His will and bible prophecy, Acts chapter 1, and mark chapter 13.
In the NT, women are forbidden to teach men in the assembly.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I don't have a problem being in a Bible study conducted by a woman. I am in a Union church where our visiting preachers are men and women. One particular female visiting preacher is very Christ centred and she shares her love for the Lord and is loved by our people. In fact, the person who is our senior elder in the absence of a minister, is a woman and she does a great job of overseeing the church.

I don't believe that Paul's reference in 1 Corinthians 14 about women being silent in church is about women Bible teachers. It is more about wives disrupting the flow of services by loudly asking questions about what is being taught and prophesied. Paul's instruction to Timothy is about women dominating men. But in our church where there is a distinct shortage of men, then it is the faithful women who have stepped up to keep the church running.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I don't have a problem being in a Bible study conducted by a woman. I am in a Union church where our visiting preachers are men and women. One particular female visiting preacher is very Christ centred and she shares her love for the Lord and is loved by our people. In fact, the person who is our senior elder in the absence of a minister, is a woman and she does a great job of overseeing the church.

I don't believe that Paul's reference in 1 Corinthians 14 about women being silent in church is about women Bible teachers. It is more about wives disrupting the flow of services by loudly asking questions about what is being taught and prophesied. Paul's instruction to Timothy is about women dominating men. But in our church where there is a distinct shortage of men, then it is the faithful women who have stepped up to keep the church running.
"I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man." (1 Tim 2:12)

That refers to pastors over the assembly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
In the NT, women are forbidden to teach men in the assembly.
Key words are "in the assembly." There are female professors in colleges and wives share information with their husbands.

• Agree
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
"I do not permit a woman to teach or have authority over a man." (1 Tim 2:12)

That refers to pastors over the assembly.
What our female visitors do is to give their reflection rather than any Bible teaching, and they don't assume any position of authority.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What our female visitors do is to give their reflection rather than any Bible teaching, and they don't assume any position of authority.
The NT does not allow women to teach men in the assembly in any form.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The NT does not allow women to teach men in the assembly in any form.
Sharing with a group what Jesus means to her is not teaching, neither is encouraging the group to have a stronger faith in Christ.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟283,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Sharing with a group what Jesus means to her is not teaching, neither is encouraging the group to have a stronger faith in Christ.
She can do it apart from the assembly.

Why the need to fudge the line? Are you wiser than the word of God?

You don't see the problem of what that leads to?

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

What is a Union church? Is there such a church in the United States?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
She can do it apart from the assembly.

Why the need to fudge the line? Are you wiser than the word of God?

You don't see the problem of what that leads to?
This discussion is not about me. Actually I have given my opinion and I am not going to change it, so that's the end of it.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟842,369.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
What is a Union church? Is there such a church in the United States?
It is a merger between a Methodist and Presbyterian church. It usually happens in a district when a Methodist and Presbyterian church are not viable individually, so in order to have a district church that has a congregation big enough to support a minister, they merge. They may appoint a Methodist minister for a period of time, and once that is over, they would appoint a Presbyterian one. In my church we don't have a minister, so we have a roster of visiting preachers both Methodist and Presbyterian. Both Methodist and Presbyterian churches accept female preachers - if they didn't, considering the availability of men in that role, many Methodist and Presbyterian churches would fall on their sides through a lack of available ministry.

At my last church which was Presbyterian, we had a female minister, but we made it quite clear that she worked under the mentorship of the board of elders who were male. This meant that she did not usurp authority over the male "ruling " elders in the church.

I am not permitted to debate on this forum. All I can do is to describe what is happening in the church I am at, and my former church, and these female who have contributed their reflections and encouragement have been a blessing to our people. It is interesting that most of the male preachers have been liberal and not preached Christ at all, with one telling us that Adam and Eve were not real people and the Bible is mainly allegory. I know who I would rather have preaching to me - a female who preaches Christ, rather than a male who preaches another Gospel and another Christ.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟82,537.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
It is a merger between a Methodist and Presbyterian church. It usually happens in a district when a Methodist and Presbyterian church are not viable individually, so in order to have a district church that has a congregation big enough to support a minister, they merge. They may appoint a Methodist minister for a period of time, and once that is over, they would appoint a Presbyterian one. In my church we don't have a minister, so we have a roster of visiting preachers both Methodist and Presbyterian. Both Methodist and Presbyterian churches accept female preachers - if they didn't, considering the availability of men in that role, many Methodist and Presbyterian churches would fall on their sides through a lack of available ministry.

At my last church which was Presbyterian, we had a female minister, but we made it quite clear that she worked under the mentorship of the board of elders who were male. This meant that she did not usurp authority over the male "ruling " elders in the church.

I am not permitted to debate on this forum. All I can do is to describe what is happening in the church I am at, and my former church, and these female who have contributed their reflections and encouragement have been a blessing to our people. It is interesting that most of the male preachers have been liberal and not preached Christ at all, with one telling us that Adam and Eve were not real people and the Bible is mainly allegory. I know who I would rather have preaching to me - a female who preaches Christ, rather than a male who preaches another Gospel and another Christ.
I have never engaged in a debate about female pastors nor do I want to. I just like to be informed. Thank you for explaining.

Upvote 0