Texas
✟2,463.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been studying the seventy sevens in Daniel and have found a way of separating the times that hasn’t been discussed before. It’s funny how when something like this has been discussed so much that what people have said about it becomes as if it were written in the scripture itself. That leaves no room for discussion outside of the established norms. Ive read dozens of PHD dissertations, the early church fathers and modern eschatology teachers alike. There is something they all have missed. This view goes back to the reason the Masoretic Text put a Mark of separation between the periods of seven sevens and 62 sevens. That Mark is there to denote these are two separate periods of time. Not just separate but not to be added together. But that’s exactly what every single interpretation does. Most people won’t even say seven and 62. They just say 69. There is not only no basis in the text to do so, there is an indication not to. They don’t run consecutively. There is a place they run consecutively, sort of. It’s on the calendar of Jewish holidays. The day after Pesach starts the counting of the Omer. Seven weeks or seven sevens. When the 49th day is reached the count ends. The next day is Shavuot. Not part of the counting. That is the day we mark as the day when the commandments were given at Sinai. The day after Shavuot starts a 62 day count to Tisha Ba’av. That’s the day when the first AND second temples were destroyed. The seven sevens happened first in history and they are first on the calendar. Let’s take a look at the prophecy and see if we can apply that history tp this prophecy.

In verse 25 we see that the periods of time are from a decree to a coming. It tells us when to expect the coming if we can spot the decree.

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’

Now as to the division of the sevens, we see in the prophecy that there are also two people named in the verse with the two numbers of sevens. That would be the Anointed One and the ruler. Virtually all of the interpreters have these both as speaking of Jesus. They say both are titles and he is both of them.

But later in the prophecy it tells us what the outcome of the coming of “the ruler who will come” will be.

The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him

And we also see what the outcome of the coming of the Anointed One will be in verse 26.

26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

You can’t really deny that it tells us about two different people in the whole of the prophecy. That is unless you believe that Jesus will set up an abomination in the third temple and is telling us in Matthew 24 that he is going to set it up as a sign for those in Judea and Samaria to flee.

If you believe that the Abomination of Desolation is set up by the Antichrist, then this prophecy is definitely about two people. If the “He” that starts verse 27 is a normal reference to the antecedent “the ruler who will come” in verse 26, then we have that ruler identified as the Antichrist. If that is true, why would the ruler in verse 25 not be the same person. Both are said to come. And we have the outcome of the coming of “the ruler who will come”.

That begs the question “so how do you tell which time leads to which coming?” That’s very simple.

26 After the sixty-two ‘sevens,’ the Anointed One will be put to death and will have nothing.

Does it say that his death is on the last day of the 62 sevens? Not exactly. It says his death is after the end of the 62 sevens. Remember, the very first part of this prophecy is telling us that once a certain decree is issued, there will be a period of time that will end with a coming. A death and a coming are not the same thing. Indeed the prophecy uses both words separately. This is Jesus we are talking about as the Anointed One. It would be hard to argue that his death was his coming. Was he not God in the flesh from conception?

Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[d]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[e] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 20 But after he had considered this, an angelof the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[f] because he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[g] (which means “God with us”).

So God was with us from conception. Here is the story of the shepherds from Luke.
2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Saviorhas been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

The next step is also very simple. If both periods of time are from a decree to a coming, and the anointed one’s death is after the 62, then the coming of the “ruler who will come will” be seven sevens after a decree.

I believe what I have just showed you is the purest way of dissecting the verse. But I knew when I saw it that it would be a tough sell. At that time I just put my hands on my bible and looked up to God and asked him for a sign so that I would know if it was true. I said it would be difficult to convince people that what they were teaching was wrong. And I said I don’t want to bring a message to anyone that isn’t correct, especially something this important.

Immediately I was caught up and in darkness. Then I saw a city below me. It was NYC. A voice in my head said “Very soon there will be major terrorist attacks on NYC and Washington DC. Also in one smaller out of the way place that won’t amount to as much”. I asked what the attack would be. He said “it will not be nuclear, biological or chemical.” He said “it will be something you haven’t seen before.” I could see two glowing spots down between the buildings on one end of Manhattan the whole time he was speaking. Then, when he finished speaking I could see a different view. Much lower and in the daytime. I could see great clouds of smoke billowing between the buildings. I could see people running and the smoke o retaking them. I cringed in fear thinking that the smoke was hurting them, that the smoke was the weapon. He sensed what I was thinking for he said “the smoke isn’t hurting them.” Then I was back at my desk with my hands on my Bible. I was stunned to say the least. I told my wife all about it. I told my parents too. I am ashamed to admit that I was scared, even after all of that, to really tell what I saw. I hinted around about it hoping that would be enough with some coworkers. Only my wife got the full story. That day was Sept 6, 2001.

Ever since that day I have been working on figuring out how to apply this vision to the world events. It is way too long to post it here. Theseventysevensofdaniel.com has the rest of the story. God bless anyone who reads it. And even those that don’t.

Oseas

Jun 23, 2017
Joinville
✟117,366.00
Country
Brazil
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I’ve been studying the seventy sevens in Daniel and have found a way of separating the times that hasn’t been discussed before. It’s funny how when something like this has been discussed so much that what people have said about it becomes as if it were written in the scripture itself. That leaves no room for discussion outside of the established norms. Ive read dozens of PHD dissertations, the early church fathers and modern eschatology teachers alike. There is something they all have missed. This view goes back to the reason the Masoretic Text put a Mark of separation between the periods of seven sevens and 62 sevens. That Mark is there to denote these are two separate periods of time. Not just separate but not to be added together. But that’s exactly what every single interpretation does. Most people won’t even say seven and 62. They just say 69. There is not only no basis in the text to do so, there is an indication not to. They don’t run consecutively. There is a place they run consecutively, sort of. It’s on the calendar of Jewish holidays. The day after Pesach starts the counting of the Omer. Seven weeks or seven sevens. When the 49th day is reached the count ends. The next day is Shavuot. Not part of the counting. That is the day we mark as the day when the commandments were given at Sinai. The day after Shavuot starts a 62 day count to Tisha Ba’av. That’s the day when the first AND second temples were destroyed. The seven sevens happened first in history and they are first on the calendar. Let’s take a look at the prophecy and see if we can apply that history tp this prophecy.

In verse 25 we see that the periods of time are from a decree to a coming. It tells us when to expect the coming if we can spot the decree.

25 “Know and understand this: From the time the word goes out to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Anointed One, the ruler, comes, there will be seven ‘sevens,’ and sixty-two ‘sevens.’

Now as to the division of the sevens, we see in the prophecy that there are also two people named in the verse with the two numbers of sevens. That would be the Anointed One and the ruler. Virtually all of the interpreters have these both as speaking of Jesus. They say both are titles and he is both of them.

But later in the prophecy it tells us what the outcome of the coming of “the ruler who will come” will be.

The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: War will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed. 27 He will confirm a covenant with many for one ‘seven.’ In the middle of the ‘seven’ he will put an end to sacrifice and offering. And at the temple he will set up an abomination that causes desolation, until the end that is decreed is poured out on him

And we also see what the outcome of the coming of the Anointed One will be in verse 26.

You can’t really deny that it tells us about two different people in the whole of the prophecy. That is unless you believe that Jesus will set up an abomination in the third temple and is telling us in Matthew 24 that he is going to set it up as a sign for those in Judea and Samaria to flee.

If you believe that the Abomination of Desolation is set up by the Antichrist, then this prophecy is definitely about two people. If the “He” that starts verse 27 is a normal reference to the antecedent “the ruler who will come” in verse 26, then we have that ruler identified as the Antichrist. If that is true, why would the ruler in verse 25 not be the same person. Both are said to come. And we have the outcome of the coming of “the ruler who will come”.

That begs the question “so how do you tell which time leads to which coming?” That’s very simple.

Does it say that his death is on the last day of the 62 sevens? Not exactly. It says his death is after the end of the 62 sevens. Remember, the very first part of this prophecy is telling us that once a certain decree is issued, there will be a period of time that will end with a coming. A death and a coming are not the same thing. Indeed the prophecy uses both words separately. This is Jesus we are talking about as the Anointed One. It would be hard to argue that his death was his coming. Was he not God in the flesh from conception?

Matthew 1:18 This is how the birth of Jesus the Messiah came about[d]: His mother Mary was pledged to be married to Joseph, but before they came together, she was found to be pregnant through the Holy Spirit. 19 Because Joseph her husband was faithful to the law, and yet[e] did not want to expose her to public disgrace, he had in mind to divorce her quietly. 20 But after he had considered this, an angelof the Lord appeared to him in a dream and said, “Joseph son of David, do not be afraid to take Mary home as your wife, because what is conceived in her is from the Holy Spirit. 21 She will give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus,[f] because he will save his people from their sins.” 22 All this took place to fulfill what the Lord had said through the prophet: 23 “The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel”[g] (which means “God with us”).

So God was with us from conception. Here is the story of the shepherds from Luke.
2:8 And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. 9 An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Saviorhas been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”

The next step is also very simple. If both periods of time are from a decree to a coming, and the anointed one’s death is after the 62, then the coming of the “ruler who will come will” be seven sevens after a decree.

I believe what I have just showed you is the purest way of dissecting the verse. But I knew when I saw it that it would be a tough sell. At that time I just put my hands on my bible and looked up to God and asked him for a sign so that I would know if it was true. I said it would be difficult to convince people that what they were teaching was wrong. And I said I don’t want to bring a message to anyone that isn’t correct, especially something this important.

Immediately I was caught up and in darkness. Then I saw a city below me. It was NYC. A voice in my head said “Very soon there will be major terrorist attacks on NYC and Washington DC. Also in one smaller out of the way place that won’t amount to as much”. I asked what the attack would be. He said “it will not be nuclear, biological or chemical.” He said “it will be something you haven’t seen before.” I could see two glowing spots down between the buildings on one end of Manhattan the whole time he was speaking. Then, when he finished speaking I could see a different view. Much lower and in the daytime. I could see great clouds of smoke billowing between the buildings. I could see people running and the smoke o retaking them. I cringed in fear thinking that the smoke was hurting them, that the smoke was the weapon. He sensed what I was thinking for he said “the smoke isn’t hurting them.” Then I was back at my desk with my hands on my Bible. I was stunned to say the least. I told my wife all about it. I told my parents too. I am ashamed to admit that I was scared, even after all of that, to really tell what I saw. I hinted around about it hoping that would be enough with some coworkers. Only my wife got the full story. That day was Sept 6, 2001.

Ever since that day I have been working on figuring out how to apply this vision to the world events. It is way too long to post it here. Theseventysevensofdaniel.com has the rest of the story. God bless anyone who reads it. And even those that don’t.

Upvote 0