Eu
✟21,862.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I've been through some awful situations. It's affected my mental health. In addition I had a child years ago and I think similar things happened to them too.

Last night, again, I lost my temper . I'm not sure God's Spirit is with me still.

When is it time to simply acknowledge that I can't be a believer?

disciple Clint

Mar 26, 2018
Pacific Northwest
✟208,189.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've been through some awful situations. It's affected my mental health. In addition I had a child years ago and I think similar things happened to them too.

Last night, again, I lost my temper . I'm not sure God's Spirit is with me still.

God's word tells us that we can turn to Him at any time and He will welcome us with love and forgiveness.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican

Take ❤️. Jesus knew that frustration too, while He lived here on Earth.
And whenever it happened, He would take some time apart from His disciples, and just talk to God, His Father.
Try that, and see if it will help you.
Hugs.:hug::crossrc:

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
again, I lost my temper . I'm not sure God's Spirit is with me still.

The first question is, Are you a Christian?
If you are then God's spirit is not going to leave a Christian because of a temper tantrum.

If you are not a Christian, you don't have Gods spirit.

please read John 3:16-18

and
1John1:9 if we confess our sins god is faithfull and just and willforgive us our sins and purify us from all unrightousness.

Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟743,557.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where? Please can you explain where.

The Bible tells us that all our sins are forgiven, from the time we were born to the time we die.

Heb 9:27-28 And as it is appointed for men to die once, but after this the judgment, so Christ was offered once to bear the sins of many.

Our job is to simply believe it, do our best to not sin, and God will be with us.

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟942,438.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The Holy Spirit does not leave the Christian beliver. It is the one who doubts and "quenches" His "Comforter" that leaves Him. The Holy Spirit is promised to those who are in Him. Repent from doubt and go back to your first love, Jesus Christ of Nazareth, so that you can continue your walk with Him in humility and love.
Blessings.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟430,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten son that whosoever believes on Him shall not perish but have everlasting life’.

believing means until the end of your life and it also means to love God. To love God we need to obey His word (the Bible). And the Bible says we need to repent and turn away from our sins verbally and in spirit. Are you ready to do this?

I have lost my temper with God, but I repent soon after because I can’t live w/o him. Only He has the words of eternal life. There is no life w/o Jesus. Make amends at your house. We can leave scars at home. Words hurt. Jesus will forgive you if you sincerely seek Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
Texas
✟82,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The first question is, Are you a Christian?
If you are then God's spirit is not going to leave a Christian because of a temper tantrum.

If you are not a Christian, you don't have Gods spirit.

please read John 3:16-18

and
1John1:9 if we confess our sins god is faithfull and just and willforgive us our sins and purify us from all unrightousness.

Many times people will gloss over John 3:14-15, but Jesus included the story of the serpent being lifted up in the wilderness for a reason. I encourage ClearPerspective to look at the scriptures in Numbers 21:5-9 & consider the message found there in relation to "believing in the only begotten Son of God."

Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Many times people will gloss over John 3:14-15, but Jesus included the story of the serpent being lifted up in the wilderness for a reason. I encourage ClearPerspective to look at the scriptures in Numbers 21:5-9 & consider the message found there in relation to "believing in the only begotten Son of God."

Just as they gloss over John3:18.

Upvote 0

Sir Joseph

Site Supporter
Nov 18, 2018
Southwest
✟96,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

ClearPerspective, your question counters your self identification as a skeptic. Not knowing whether you're a believer struggling with character issues or a non-believer seeking a confident faith, let me offer this response:

First, consider what your faith is based on. Is it real world evidence or your behavior? In the case for Christianity, it's truth rests upon scientific, archaeological, historical, prophetic, and manuscript authority evidence. That truth, by the way, exists regardless of whether you believe it or how you respond to it.

Unlike other religions in the world, a Christian is saved by faith in Christ alone. The character changes come afterwards as fruits of the Spirit, and this is a life long process of imperfection that most of us struggle with.

To answer your question directly, I'd say no person should ever accept being a non-believer in God. A mere look into the night sky clearly reveals his existence and glory, as does the world and complexity of life around us. And if he created the universe and all life as we know it, he must have had a reason - a purpose for our life and a desire to connect with his creation. The rational question then becomes what religion leads to the right relationship with God?

If you study God and the Bible from Christian apologetic sources, you'll find reasons for the faith that build a strong foundation for belief. With that, it only takes a receptive heart to accept the truth, invite the Holy Spirit into your heart, and be truly saved for all eternity. With that foundation, your Christian walk afterwards will progress, but don't let your performance or setbacks undermine what you've learned to be true and accepted in your heart.

I think, if you work on grounding your faith better, you'll find your heart and character changes follow naturally.

Upvote 0

ClearPerspective

Oct 3, 2022
Eu
✟21,862.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi Sir Joseph, thanks for your reply (and thank you too to everyone who has replied ).

At the moment I'm not understanding the necessity for a blood sacrifice for the remission of sins. Also, it's seems exhausting to try and prove everything in the Bible is true. Also, some things in the Bible just don't make any sense as they are without additional explanation.

Upvote 0

DialecticSkeptic

Reformed
Jul 21, 2022
Vancouver
✟45,992.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
I've been through some awful situations. It's affected my mental health. In addition, I had a child years ago and I think similar things happened to them, too.

Last night, again, I lost my temper. I'm not sure God's Spirit is with me still.

I guess my first question would be, "Has the Spirit ever been with you?" I see that you're a skeptic but are you a Christian? (I ask this because I'm also a skeptic, but a Christian one.)

Never. For as long as you draw breath, you can be a believer.

God's word tells us that we can turn to Him at any time and He will welcome us with love and forgiveness.
Where? Please, can you explain where?

Yes, in 1 John 2:1-2 is the following promise to all believers: "My little children, I am writing these things to you so that you may not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous One, and he himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for our sins but also for the whole world."

At the moment, I'm not understanding the necessity for a blood sacrifice for the remission of sins.

You don't have to understand in order to trust, and the latter is what God commands. (For example, I don't understand how networked computers draw money from my bank account and apply it to my utilities bill, but I trust them to do it anyway. And I actually could understand if I wanted to, but I can trust without it.) Place your trust Christ alone for your salvation first, and then spend however long it takes to understand why his blood sacrifice was necessary for the remission of sins. And it will probably take a while; it took me almost ten years. But my trust was in Christ alone the entire time.

Also, it's seems exhausting to try and prove everything in the Bible is true.

It's exhausting because it's impossible.

But why would you even try? You don't do that to anything else—do you? You accept the heliocentric model of the solar system, right? Did you have to prove everything in that model is true first? No.

There is nothing in our lives that we comprehensively prove true. We accept things as true on a sufficient basis and move on, and "sufficient" does not mean everything. I mean, it would be exhausting (for you) to try and prove even how old you are.

Also, some things in the Bible just don't make any sense as they are without additional explanation.

There are a lot of things in science, too, that just don't make any sense as they're without additional explanation (e.g., dark energy). So, what conclusion should we draw from this?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm not understanding the necessity for a blood sacrifice for the remission of sins. A
Sacrifices offered in worship to God have always involved the death of an animal. From God killing an animal to make coveings for Adam and Eve, through the Jewish worship regulations in Leviticus etc an animal was killed and offered on an alter to God.
Lev 17:1 For the life of a creature is in the blood, and I have given it to you to make atonement for yourselves on the altar; it is the blood that makes atonement for one’s life.[c]

These animal sacrifices pointed to Jesus's sacrifice of himself.
A man cannot atone for other peoples sins, but God, in the form of the man Jesus can and did atone for all our sins through his death and we have confirmation of this by his resurection from the dead.

May I suggest that you check out the christianityexplored web site for a church in your area that runs this course and contact them.

The course allows one to discuss, ask questions about Christianity without making commitments to join a church.

Upvote 0

ldonjohn

Sep 20, 2013
Texas
✟82,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
ClearPerspective,

A born-again believer has believed the Gospel message, or has trusted in the finished work of Jesus on the cross as all that God requires for the forgiveness of his/her sinful condition. God's word says that the new believer has become a new creature, and has entered into a relationship with God as God's child. Galatians 3:26, "For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus." (KJV)
If you have believed the gospel & are born again, then you are a child of God. Think about the relationship between a child and his/her parent. You are the child of your father & mother. Is there anything you can do that can change that relationship? If you lose your temper and curse your mother are you then no longer the child of your mother? If you should declare that you are not your mother's child does the woman who gave birth to you cease to be your mother? The answer to these questions is "of course not." You will always be the child of your mother. If we do something like the things I just described you would still have the mother/child relationship, but you would probably lose fellowship with your mother.
If we continue in sin, we lose fellowship with God, but we do not lose the relationship. If we continue to sin there will be consequences. Hebrews 12:6, "For whom the Lord loveth he chasteness, and scourges every son whom He receives." (KJV) Might look at Verse 8 also.

Regards,
John

Reactions: Sir Joseph
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟737,188.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

The Psalmist writes, "Where shall I go from your Spirit? Or where shall I flee from your presence? If I ascend to heaven, you are there! If I make my bed in Sheol, you are there! If I take the wings of the morning and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea, even there your hand shall lead me, and your right hand shall hold me." (Psalms 139:7-10).

When David prays, "Take not Your Holy Spirit from me" (Psalms 51:11) the implication isn't that if we mess up the Holy Spirit suddenly abandons us. Rather, David, speaking from a heart of repentance prays to remain in faith. The right implication is that God will not abandon him but remain steadfast with him.

And I can assure you King David did things far worse than you've ever done.

Cling to Christ in faith, that is where your salvation is found. Cling to Christ when the night is at its darkest, for at the foot of His cross is eternal life, forgiveness of your sins, and the hope to carry on. Your sins are forgiven, God has not abandoned you. He shall neither leave you nor forsake you.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Tolworth John

Site Supporter
Mar 10, 2017
Tolworth
✟392,179.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How do I ground my faith better (just the beginning steps)?

Two ways.
In your knowledge of the facts and in your practice of your faith.

Christianity is not a man made believe, so learn about it.

Christianity is a practical faith, meant to be lived, so live it.
Be regular in your attendance at chur h, get involved at church.
Pray about your church, your town, your country and the world.

Want to know how to live, follow the ten commandments.

Upvote 0