• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Lost my daughter to an overdose

faith177

growing
Aug 18, 2003
BC
Visit site
✟382,544.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
March 19th I lost my daughter to an overdose, she was seventeen years old. Just wondering if there were others here who have lost a child and how you are managing. I thought I was doing okay but it seems to be getting harder, I am more tired and irritable with others lately. I sometimes don't want to get out of bed and do anything or talk to anyone.

Justasimplea

May 4, 2017
San fernandi
✟16,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I cannot imagine what you are going through. But recently my little sister lost to her best friend to suicide. She is very irritable and gets annoyed very easily. She has days where she cannot understand how other can just live life without feeling grief. But I think greif is a long road. I am very sorry for what went on I might not know what to say to you nor my sister but I am her to listen... ❤️❤️❤️

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am sorry for your loss. <3 I haven't lost a child and can't imagine how you feel. I lost my partner 17 months ago (he was younger than me, he was 26) but it means I have watched his mother recently. Also his dad died two years before and I watched his gran grieving. My dad lost my brother 4th April.

They each grieved differently and don't have the Lord to help them. Each journey I have watched has been individual and different but after a while they seemed to stop always having sad eyes and were able to find enjoyment through their pain. Now it's something they carry in their hearts but function well.

I am so sorry that you are going through this. I pray that you can feel God's love and support soon through this. <3

Upvote 0

RC1970

post tenebras lux
Jul 7, 2015
✟80,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
March 19th I lost my daughter to an overdose, she was seventeen years old. Just wondering if there were others here who have lost a child and how you are managing. I thought I was doing okay but it seems to be getting harder, I am more tired and irritable with others lately. I sometimes don't want to get out of bed and do anything or talk to anyone.
Grief is usually healed very slowly and only by talking it out. Ask your Church Pastor if they have a program to help with this like a Stephen Ministry. Pray often.

Upvote 0

Pilgrim

Praying without ceasing
Mar 26, 2017
between the pages of the Bible.
Visit site
✟200,501.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
faith177, you are in my prayers. God loves you.

Upvote 0