Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have had some sort of virus for a couple weeks now. I think I have hit the peak of it now. Yesterday I lost my voice while teaching. That was an adventure- trying to teach 27 first graders while being unable to speak above a whisper! I came home just feeling awful and my husband told me to go to bed because he could handle things. I knew it wasn't that simple, but I went to bed anyway.

A few minutes later, all 3 children were in my room taking off with things and climbing on me. Husband finally took them out and I fell asleep.

I woke up this morning still feeling terribly. I stumbled into the kitchen to grab a cup of coffee. There were dishes in the sink and on the table. I sat down with my coffee and couldn't stop coughing, so I finally agreed to take a sick day. My kids woke up screeching as usual, through the pounding in my head. I started working on sub plans, but all my school things are at work because I was fully prepped for today so I had to figure out all my school passwords. As I am writing my sub plans, my daughter climbed up next to me with her xylophone and started banging on the computer mouse. I decided to feed the kids breakfast and go back to sub plans, at which point my 4 year old emptied my pantry all over the kitchen floor. I then realized that the boys still needed their lunches packed for the day, so I finished my lesson plans and packed lunches... while my son had his cereal all over the table and floor. Then it was time to get dressed... I found a uniform shirt for my older son in the dryer and told my 4 yr old to get dressed. Once I found clothes for myself, I came out to find my 4 yr old still running around in his underwear. I couldn't find my glasses anywhere. Turned out my daughter had taken off with them, and they were in a pile of laundry.

We made it out the door and the boys are at school for the day. My daughter emptied my checkbook, and followed me to the bathroom, a which time she stood on the stool and sucked on the toothpaste. We stacked blocks for a while. I can't speak to her very much, but at least she thinks it's a game.

• Prayers
Reactions: DJWhalen

Bumble Bee

Disciplemaker
Nov 2, 2007
Held together by Jesus and coffee
✟700,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No, we definitely don't. Someone has to cook dinner and find all the pieces to the school uniform, and do bathtime. I also have to do some things for work, assuming my father-in-law gets my email to bring my school stuff to me this evening (we teach at the same school). I also have a couple of bills to pay.

Upvote 0