✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
ChristianMuse said:
I really enjoyed the last episode that focused on the man who found the dog. For those who missed it I'll be quiet about it... but I thought it to be the best one yet. These time flashbacks are an effective way of blending the story fresh. Well done. :)

One thing that I really like about this show is that it's told En medias reas. I might have misspelled it, but it's a Greek term meaning that the story begins in the middle and flashes back.

I could have sworn Locke was a weirdly philisophical paid assasin or something. The writers/directors of the show had me suckered up until his "Office Space" like boss walked up to harass him. At first I was disappointed at what a cuckold the storyline was making him out to be, but when he killed the boar, confronted the Monster and we found out he was a parapalegic, healed by the mysteries if the island I was won over... once again.

Since there is a heavy sci-fi/fantasy aspect to this show, I'm glad Locke's "miraculous" healing was covered soon. Given the strange nature of the Monster and the Polar Bear in Ep. 2, we should have expected this sort of thing. I think the knocked up Aussie girl is part of the miraculous nature of the island.

This is a very good - and more importantly in this age of SOS shows - creative show. If you're not watching, you're missing out.

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Billnew said:
I think they should have left the question of who the prisoner was
go for a while longer. At least until the U.S. Marshal woke up. Ecspecially not knowing who the marshal was.

To be hooked on a show with so many bad plots. It must say something about the charactures.
1: A plane that comes apart in mid-air leaves very few survivors. A plane in peices is falling,not flying.
2: A jet engine involved in a crash will not continue to run after the plane is in so many peices. And would not last long enough to suck people in. Fuel is in the wings, but control is in the cockpit miles away.
3: People involved in a crash would naturally look for there stuff or things they can use until rescued.
4: After a day they should move away from the dead bodys or bury them. Definately remove the bodys from your potential shelter, the plane wreckage.
5: I can't wait to see the battery that is powering the repeating distress call for 16years. Either that or they should follow the powerlines to civilization.
6: after a day they should be looking for food. Besides the raw fish no one wants,
no one seems to be worried about food.
Technical bad- the boys dog not only survived the crash but got out of it's travel
carrier. and was away from the people.

This show has great variety of charactures.

I loved number 5 buddy- hilarious!!!

I was painting my living room and had the show on in the background and just listening to it sucked me right in- I LOVE plane crash/survivor type stories. sicko, eh? So I stopped to watch and I was hooked too. I missed this week's episode and hope to catch it on the weekend.

Upvote 0

nstinson2004

Senior Veteran
Oct 16, 2004
Oklahoma
Visit site
✟17,860.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
I actually really like the series also. that was weird about the guy all of a sudden being able to walk after crashing, I didn't see it coming, although I had an idea.... also, I wonder what it means when he says he saw into the eye of the island? the monster is an extension of the island?

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Three things I noticed about Locke.

1. I have the first 4 episodes on tape. I rewatched pieces and portions of them yesterday and there are a few scenes featuring Locke's wheelchair. I don't want to become one of those show geeks who analyzes every single frame for some clue... but I will be going back and rewatching for them.

2. The cut on his face reminded me of the scars that the old German fencing fraternaties used to give each other. I assume that was part of the mindwarp that the writers were trying to give us. I'll try and remember to post a photo later tonight, but if not, do a Google for Otto Skornezy (or Skorzeny) and you'll see the scar I'm talking about.

3. His first name is John. John Locke was a 17th Century political philosopher to whom we Americans owe just about everything we know as "America" regarding the Constitution and the Declaration of Independance. Locke is clearly the most knowledgeable of the main characters. Jack and Sayeed have specialized knowledge, but Locke is a Renaissance man.

Upvote 0

Cozmo

Actively seek a living relationship with Him
Dec 22, 2003
Texas
✟23,902.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
nstinson2004 said:
last nights show was pretty good

I agree. This show actually keeps on getting better and better as each new episode is aired and is one of the few shows that I look forward to every week. That's a hard feat right there :)

God bless! :angel:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
CONCRETE_GIRL said:
Your lost?!?!? SHOOT! I dont even watch the show and I'm lost... I'm so lost that didn't even make sense... I dont even know why I'm replying to this thread... well .. ... ... uhhhh yah...

Unfortunately this show is hard to come in on after the first few episodes and catch up. In the old days this would be a problem, but in the era of the Internet, you can easily catch up. Just hit a fan site or site dedicated to discussions of the show. Televisionwithoutpity.com has very detailed and comprehensive episode summaries that will allow you to catch up.

TV Guide gave a kudo to Lost for giving Terry O'Quinn a wonderfully complex character and I want to echo that. Locke is my favorite. His involvment in Charlie's exposition episode last week was great.

Sun's "mafia princess" episode was great too. I knew with the "lessons" reference that she spoke Enlgish, but when she spoke to Michael - I was floored.

This show just keeps getting better and better.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Mary of Bethany said:
I can't wait for this week's episode - we'll find out a lot more about Sawyer. I have a feeling he's not as bad and heartless as he appears to be.

This whole series is about people not turning out as they appear to be. Locke walks, Sun speaks English.. my next guess is that Hurley was actually a model as a teenager or that Claire is just fat, not pregnant. At least that's how crazy the plot twists have been thus far.

I'd also point out that Television Without Pity, while not openly offensive, does have some adult language, so keep that in mind if you chose to check them out for episode summaries. I read the entire season last night (which I also have taped) and they do catch the major points so that one could have missed the first 4-6 episodes, tune in this Wednesday, and have some semblance of what's going on.

Just keep one thing in mind if you do so... get the details of episode 2 to understand why Sayid and Kate are so interested in getting the radio/transponder stuff working.

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I missed episodes 2 & 3, and even though I read the episode summaries at ABC's site, I still don't know all the little subtleties and clues that you get when you see the show.

I guess I'll have to wait for re-runs, at this point.

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Mary of Bethany said:
I missed episodes 2 & 3, and even though I read the episode summaries at ABC's site, I still don't know all the little subtleties and clues that you get when you see the show.

I guess I'll have to wait for re-runs, at this point.

I have each episode taped so far... and I'm still planning on buying the DVD set when they finally make and release it. I've been making fun of Buffy and Alias fans for years, but I guess it's my turn to be a fanboy of a quirky interesting drama.

I'd suggest checking some fan sites for deeper examinations of expisode 2 and 3 to glean some more details, but I won't even hit any discussion boards beyond this one since I'm so afraid of spoilers. :eek: I'll wait until the season is over and read back over them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,851.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
dustt10 said:
Well, Sayid is now officially the coolest character on the island.

I was thinking the same thing myself. Sawyer's back story was a bit convoluted and seemed half told (very good story though). But while Sawyer's willingness to be tortured when he didn't have the medicine was confusing (Christ compex?), Sayid's admission that he'd done horrible things in the Iraqi army, and then his leaving the wreck site to try and turn his back further on his past (the theme of the show) made him doubly cool in my book.

Regarding Shannon's asthma - it made her too sympathetic. Since she's supposed to be this superficial uber (female dog) I wasn't expecting such a superficial sympathy ploy. Her character would have been better served by being mid-wife to Claire during birthing IMO. But we did get a chance for Sun to be hero (you go girls!) by dispatching Michael to get the eucalyptus.

But back to Sayid. Naveen Adrews was an inspired casting choice. He's very compelling as Sayid and one of the most interesting characters. Terry O'Quinn (Locke) and the guy who plays Sawyer are more intense in "being" their characters, but Sayid won me over with his Iteration count, and continues to do so.

I don't really want to mention Matthew Fox and how wooden he is though...

Upvote 0

Mary of Bethany

Only one thing is needful.
Site Supporter
Jul 8, 2004
✟341,456.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Exactly. He wants to be punished, and is punishing himself by making himself hated. Did you notice at the end, he started to burn the letter, then didn't. I'm not sure how to take that. Was he trying to forgive & forget his past, and just can't do it yet?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
ChristianMuse said:
Sawyer was simply punishing the part of himself that became the thing he hated... the con who ruined his parents lives and his. Someone somewhere said you become the thing you hate. He was allowing others to punish him for being the same.

:)

I'd say it's close to sucidial, but he can't do it himself. He wants someone else to do it.

The plot twists are very good though. I have only been able to call the Doc's story so far.

Upvote 0