Lost - Episode 6:10 (3/30/10) - The Package

L

LovesToBless

I think the electro-magnetic implosion that affected Desmond is going to be significant somehow. He's the only one who did the parallel lives thing, until he found his Constant, and also had a new memory that was actually an old memory that he didn't remember until it happened when the island was flashing through time (Daniel visiting him in the hatch). I think what happened to him makes him special, maybe even is the reason why the rules don't apply to him.

Makes sense. Do you think it's also because of Daniel too? Since he did all the science stuff.

Upvote 0

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I think the electro-magnetic implosion that affected Desmond is going to be significant somehow. He's the only one who did the parallel lives thing, until he found his Constant, and also had a new memory that was actually an old memory that he didn't remember until it happened when the island was flashing through time (Daniel visiting him in the hatch). I think what happened to him makes him special, maybe even is the reason why the rules don't apply to him.

Lets not forget that Desmond, unlike any other character on the show - with the possible exception of a couple of the 'others' - also spent three years basically living on top of an immensely strong pocket of unknown energy with extremely strong magnetic properties, plus he was injecting himself with an unknown substance every nine days.

As to Faraday...I sort of halfway keep expecting him to turn up again, maybe in the Flash Sideways timeline, though I'm not sure how that could work out. (His then preagnant mother should have been killed along with everybody and everything else on the island when the nuke went off.) If he does turn up somehow, though...that could get interesting...

Thats another thing I wonder about: setting off that nuke not only destroyed the island, but it almost certainly destroyed Smokey as well, at least in the alternative time line. The implication here is that Smoky *can* be killed...and maybe by something other than a nuclear explosion.

Upvote 0