Lost - Episode 6:10 (3/30/10) - The Package

L

LovesToBless

I stay away totally from spoiler and other forums about Lost...so please only answer me with theories, not things you know are being covered by an upcoming show, as I'd like to post some of my current unanswered questions.

- Daniel? His mom? the girl he "hurt" with the experiments? Do we find out about them?

- Ben's "magic box"...(the way he brought Locke's father to the island) what's that all about?

- Desmond and Pen?

- Juliet can't just be gone

I'm sure there's more, but those come to mind first. Thanks for insights..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Thinker

Senior Veteran
Mar 26, 2002
Alaska
Visit site
✟7,155.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Ok...

Looks like Smokey needs to have *all* of the candidates either dead or on his side to escape the island. More and more Smokey reminds me of the demons (and some Deities) out of legend: they were pretty much 'total' entities; so magicians and others seeking to control them would try to either learn the demons true name, or failing that, obtain a tiny part of the demon. With either one of those, the demon would be under the control of the magician - but the demon would never give up trying to regain control of the missing part. (You see a bit of this, in edited form, in Moses encounter with Yahweh in the burning bush episode - Moses asks the name of who he is dealing with - classic response for a magician - and Yahweh actually responds with a kind of dodge).

It also looks like if Smokey ever gets off this island, this entire timeline seizes to exist - at least that is how I read things. Given his powers and the way he operates...Smokey would become a major malevolent force in the new timeline, corrupting and destroying huge numbers of people. Remember, Jacob claimed that Smokey saw humans as inherintly corrupted, and worthy of destruction.

And the 'special package' turns out to be Desmond. Because...the rules don't apply to Desmond.

And meanwhile Widmores hot new techy flunky, at least, is interested in the islands special energy sources.

Nuking the one under the Swann Station was enough to split the timeline. Wonder what could be done with one of the others?...

I begin to see a glimmer of an idea how they could wrap all this up. Really amazing if they could pull it off...

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I stay away totally from spoiler and other forums about Lost...so please only answer me with theories, not things you know are being covered by an upcoming show, as I'd like to post some of my current unanswered questions.

- Daniel? His mom? the girl he "hurt" with the experiments? Do we find out about them?

- Ben's "magic box"...(the way he brought Locke's father to the island) what's that all about?

- Desmond and Pen?

- Juliet can't just be gone

I'm sure there's more, but those come to mind first. Thanks for insights..
I don't think there was anything magic about Ben's box. He just told Locke that to keep him guessing.

Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Ok...

Looks like Smokey needs to have *all* of the candidates either dead or on his side to escape the island. More and more Smokey reminds me of the demons (and some Deities) out of legend: they were pretty much 'total' entities; so magicians and others seeking to control them would try to either learn the demons true name, or failing that, obtain a tiny part of the demon. With either one of those, the demon would be under the control of the magician - but the demon would never give up trying to regain control of the missing part. (You see a bit of this, in edited form, in Moses encounter with Yahweh in the burning bush episode - Moses asks the name of who he is dealing with - classic response for a magician - and Yahweh actually responds with a kind of dodge).

It also looks like if Smokey ever gets off this island, this entire timeline seizes to exist - at least that is how I read things. Given his powers and the way he operates...Smokey would become a major malevolent force in the new timeline, corrupting and destroying huge numbers of people. Remember, Jacob claimed that Smokey saw humans as inherintly corrupted, and worthy of destruction.

And the 'special package' turns out to be Desmond. Because...the rules don't apply to Desmond.

And meanwhile Widmores hot new techy flunky, at least, is interested in the islands special energy sources.

Nuking the one under the Swann Station was enough to split the timeline. Wonder what could be done with one of the others?...

I begin to see a glimmer of an idea how they could wrap all this up. Really amazing if they could pull it off...

I'm wondering if Desmond is such a big deal also because he's Daniel's constant.

And...for what it's worth, I don't think Yahweh dodged Moses at all.

Interesting that Ellie said the 6 all had to go back...and take Locke's dead body with them...and now Smokey is talking in a similar way. Where is she anyway? Is she on the side of good or not?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
L

LovesToBless

About Sun...I found it interesting in the flash sideways that she and Jin weren't married. I also wonder if she really didn't know English at all, or if she was faking it? I know she'd learned English to help her escape her abusive marriage.

And now...in the current time-line, she can't speak English, but can understand and write it. I really liked the scene with her and Jack.

So...if "Richard knows what to do" and they don't do what Richard says...then what?

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
About Sun...I found it interesting in the flash sideways that she and Jin weren't married. I also wonder if she really didn't know English at all, or if she was faking it? I know she'd learned English to help her escape her abusive marriage.
Definately a good twist. I would think that she had learned english in that she still planned to run away. But I wouldn't call her marrige abusive.

And now...in the current time-line, she can't speak English, but can understand and write it. I really liked the scene with her and Jack.

So...if "Richard knows what to do" and they don't do what Richard says...then what?
Did you notice that Jack extended his hand the same way Locke did?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L

LovesToBless

Definately a good twist. I would think that she had learned english in that she still planned to run away. But I wouldn't call her marrige abusive.

Did you notice that Jack extended his hand the same way Locke did?

YES!!! I did notice that!!! And...she did NOT take Locke's hand...and neither did Kate when he put out his hand to her a couple weeks ago.

Upvote 0