Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
I've tried a number of times to renew my support but for some reason Paypal binds me up when I log in. I'm thinking it's their second layer security that was added some time ago.
I'll work on it some more.

May have to give them a phone call.

Upvote 0

DawnStar

Pragmatist
Nov 27, 2014
✟37,814.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Private
Not sure I understand why, but that's the only reason I haven't donated.
That is why I will not donate. They are trying to be slick by adding more annoying ads in the hope that people will pay them money to get rid of them. That is my opinion anyway. Not very Christian of them is it?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That is why I will not donate. They are trying to be slick by adding more annoying ads in the hope that people will pay them money to get rid of them. That is my opinion anyway. Not very Christian of them is it?

Wrong or right, I agree. Also, wrong or right, I can tell you for certain, I would have donated already if it weren't for that...just a fact. Not saying I won't donate at some point, and maybe the adds bring in more money over all, but unless the stats state otherwise, if it was me, I would certainly have to wonder if that was more of a hindrance than anything else.

Anyway, not my show so..whatever.

Upvote 0

Grafted In

Site Supporter
Apr 15, 2012
Upper midwest
✟71,461.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My brother told me that his church went from passing the bowl to a slot in the side of a wall so givers could donate in private, when no one else was around.
A very small church but that simple change increased the church's cash flow by more than half.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟404,662.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is it just me or are all the popups, requests to remove add blockers and just general pushing for funding stopping anyone from donating?

Not sure I understand why, but that's the only reason I haven't donated.

That brings up the question if I should donate, does one have the option to not take the "supporter" sign that shows up under our avatar? Not sure why that bothers me either, just weird like that I guess.
Did you know you can use an ad blocker to block the popup about the ad blocker?

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My brother told me that his church went from passing the bowl to a slot in the side of a wall so givers could donate in private, when no one else was around.
A very small church but that simple change increased the church's cash flow by more than half.

That's interesting.

I guess the bowl can tend to upset people to a point of not giving. A couple of possibilities would be they don't want to make their giving public, they feel like they are being embarrassed into giving because all are watching as the plate goes around.

Some congregations are very principled people... maybe something a church doesn't need to be messing with.

Upvote 0

mnorian

Oldbie--Eternal Optimist
In Memory Of
Mar 9, 2013
✟980,332.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

The ads are not made by CF. They are made up by web based net-marketing companies that use information gathered from Internet cookies, social media, and more.

These companies use an ad server capable of generating a unique profile of various data that contains everything it knows about you: how old you are, your relationship status, what websites you browse, where you're located, etc. These are gathered from ever site you go to on the web, using cookies.

So if an ad you see here on CF is annoying; blame all the other sites you go to; and the giant web marketing companies who have pretty much a monopoly on what ads are out there on the web. Here is a good article explaining in depth how net-marketing works:

http://www.fastcodesign.com/3026774/infographic-of-the-day/how-internet-ads-work

Reactions: Brent W
Upvote 0

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

We actually remove ads the more you participate on the site. So not sure what you mean by this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brent W

Tech Admin
Mar 6, 2015
Alabama
Visit site
✟146,503.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
For the last few weeks we have run discounts on Lifetime Upgrades. Just an alert that this will soon be coming to the end. We try to randomly throw out discount days and discount weeks to offer a chance for those with limited financial means an opportunity to upgrade their account permanently for a one time fee.

Upvote 0

WisdomandLove

Oct 30, 2016
Trinidad
✟7,725.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Tech Admin

Thank you for your offer to upgrade to Site Supervisor. As you know, I've but a few hours ago joined this site and 'am just reviewing the various aspects to ascertain where and how it fits in with the overall Christian outlook.

I will decide later. In the interim....Shalom!

Upvote 0