Left Behind RPG

FireRock

Call me a dreamer of the seemingly unattainable...
Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara looked over at where the slamming noise had come from, unfazed. She saw the man slide the book out from under the lady's hand and calmly talk to her.
The girl that Tara had commented to when she first walked in was with them as well now, too. "I know what happened." the girl said.
"Oh, this should be good," Tara smiled. She got up, forgetting about her garbage and nonchalantly walked over to where they were standing.
"Um, I heard you say that you know what happened," Tara said quietly, eager to push her on to this explaination, "So what do you say it is?" she asked innocently.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Blessed beyond the curse!
Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
DeltaJ said:
Jason slid the Bible out from under Mrs.Stone's hand. "Please show more respect for the Holy scripture", he said. "For being a Christian your sure not acting like one". Now you look like a level headed, so why don't you sit down so we can talk about it in a calm manner.

Samantha Stone stared at Jason, pure fury coming from her eyes. "Who do you think you are??? I AM this church! How dare you say I'm not a Christian!!! I was saved and baptized right here in this church before you were born!! I know more about what that book says than you do!" Samantha's words spat out of her mouth in a raging torrent.
"MOTHER! STOP IT! Everyone has a right to speak, even if you don't agree with them! You may know the words in this Book but I think you lost the meaning behind them a long time ago! I WANT to hear what this fellow has to say... Please just go sit down Mother..." Melody stood up and stared at her Mother nose to nose. Samantha stared in impotent anger. Finally she slapped her daughter and stormed out of the fellowship hall. Melody sat down fighting the tears of anger and betrayal she felt. Trying to ignore the embarrassment and the stinging of her cheek. "Please Jason, I want to hear what you have to say," Melody said softly. She looked up at Ellie and smiled. "You too. I want to hear what everyone thinks. It appears I've been operating under some false assumptions...." Melody's sad eyes returned to Jason.

Upvote 0

christian cutie danni

Time is of the esscence
Mar 16, 2004
A hick town in a hick state, Oregon
✟11,153.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
((never mind I'll figure somethin' out.)) A tall black girl, no older than 18, was runing from the police. She saw them shooting at her. "My God." She panted, still running. Jorden slipped into an ally way. She spotted a chain link fence ahead of her. Scrambling up it, she clibed onto the roof of the buiding. The police men ran into the ally way, skidding to a stop. Jo looked down. "If the see me, they'll shoot me dead." She thought silently. Sh scooched back away from the edge of the building. Laying down, she decided to wait untill they left to go to the church. It wasn't good to have an entire police force on your tail. Especially for a murder that you didnt commit.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

biomedical engineer-to-be and LOTR fanatic
Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie looked around her, trying to get the courage to speak what she knew was the truth. "I know what happened." she repeated. "What happened was the Rapture. Jesus came back for those who were true Christians. I just can't believe that I missed it." She was speaking quietly, but she gradually began to speak louder, where everyone would be able to hear her. "I grew up here, in this church. I knew the truth. I had heard it for as long as I could remember. I just never acted on it. It took the Rapture to get my attention..." she broke off before she finished her thought, and looked around at everybody again, hoping that she had made sense. I hope that they don't think that I'm a fool. I know that the Rapture had happened. Now, all I can do is wait and study...

Upvote 0

DeltaJ

Defend The Constitution
Aug 9, 2004
Chicago, IL
✟15,661.00
Faith
Catholic
cyberwing said:
Samantha Stone stared at Jason, pure fury coming from her eyes. "Who do you think you are??? I AM this church! How dare you say I'm not a Christian!!! I was saved and baptized right here in this church before you were born!! I know more about what that book says than you do!" Samantha's words spat out of her mouth in a raging torrent.
"MOTHER! STOP IT! Everyone has a right to speak, even if you don't agree with them! You may know the words in this Book but I think you lost the meaning behind them a long time ago! I WANT to hear what this fellow has to say... Please just go sit down Mother..." Melody stood up and stared at her Mother nose to nose. Samantha stared in impotent anger. Finally she slapped her daughter and stormed out of the fellowship hall. Melody sat down fighting the tears of anger and betrayal she felt. Trying to ignore the embarrassment and the stinging of her cheek. "Please Jason, I want to hear what you have to say," Melody said softly. She looked up at Ellie and smiled. "You too. I want to hear what everyone thinks. It appears I've been operating under some false assumptions...." Melody's sad eyes returned to Jason.
"I'm sorry about your Mom, didn't get what I was saying at all, Oh well.
But I can tell you want I think, but I think the Bible where I learned what I believe can tell you better. So why don't read the Book of Revelation and Daniel It can explain a lot better than I can". Jason open the Bible to The 1st chapter of Revelation and slid the book towards Melody. "Go on read it, I don't think we've got anything else to do".

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara's eyes widen a little when Melody's mother slapped her and walked away. She didn't really expect that type of reaction from a so-called christian. She shrugged it off though and litened to what everyone had to say.
Tara stifled a snicker as they began talking about Jesus and the Rapture. "I knew they were going to say that!" she told herself. She couldn't believe how well she had these religious puppies pegged. She simply smiled at herself, although she did respect Ellie's courage to finally speak when she felt it nessecary.
When Jason slid the Bible over to Melody, Tara leaned over to see as well. "This might be worth studying if I'm going to stay here with these people for any length of time." she thought, then looked around to see if another one of those Bibles were nearby.

Upvote 0
S

Shocka

We thought we had her surrounded my partner and I had two of the walls of the building secure and two other officers were on the opposite sides. "Okay Dave, On the count of three go up to the roof and grab her." I told my partner "One, two, three..." i expected to hear some kind of noise seeing as how he had to kick the door in. " Dave " i said, sounding worried...

No response

"Dave!" i said with a little more tone this time.

No response

I turned to corner to see where Dave might have gone... only to see his uniform laying on the steps, the same for the other two officers on the case....

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara was startled by Jason words. "How'd he know what I was looking for?" she wondered, going over and taking one of the church's Bibles from a small stack.
"These people are still creepy." she decided, walking over to an empty pew away from everyone else and flipping over to Revelations.
"Studying only makes people better and more aware," Tara said to herself, "That's what I need to do now, studying up on this whole Rapture, Jesus, religious thing."

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody's eyes grew large as she read and several times she stopped to look up at Jason her mouth agape in pure awe. After finishing about the sixth chapter she stopped and shook her head. "Why? Why did they teach us this was a myth? It's all right here....Why?" Melody had the look of one betrayed. The hurt in her eyes was evident.

Upvote 0

Ellesar

Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
After Jason handed Melody the Bible, and told her to begin to read Revelations, Ellie backed away, and sat down against the nearest wall, so that she would be able to hear everything.

"Why? Why did they teach us this was a myth? It's all right here....Why?"

Doesn't everybody ask that question? Ellie thought. She was content to listen to everybody else, but when she wanted to, she would add her opinion.

Upvote 0

Elohir

Sep 16, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
((Can I join? I hope so, here's a link to my character's Bio: http://www.christianforums.com/t828494 ))

Suddenly the door to the fellowship hall clanged shut a little louder than the entering person would've liked it to. The gigantic muscular man winced as it shut behind him, he looked to see the people scattered over the place, their bibles open, at least most of them, and their reading. "I'm actually surprised to find people still here." He confessed as he came a little closer. "I guess we're all here for the same reasons huh?" He asked as he came forward to one of them. "Hi there, my name's James."

Upvote 0

Ellesar

Jul 2, 2004
Rinoth with the dragons
Visit site
✟47,119.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ellie looked up when the door banged shut, and gave a small welcoming smile to the man that entered. As he came closer, she heard him say "I'm actually surprised to find people still here. I guess we're all here for the same reasons huh?" She looked up and saw the man approaching. She didn't know who he was addressing, so she stood up and said, "Hi James, I'm Ellie."

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara glanced up at who had just come into the church. No one she knew, so she shrugged and went back to her studying.
She had found a pen and an offering envelope to write on. "Real sure they're going to miss this thing now," she snickered, looking at the writing on the envelope.
"James," Tara reminded herself, "Yet another name I'm going to need to remember is I'm going to stay here at all."
She then went back to reading the Bible and feverishly taking notes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Elohir

Sep 16, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
✟691.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
James nodded. "It's nice to meet you Ellie." James had become a christian just after the rapture, once he realized that his sister had been right, and what had just occured was Jesus coming back for his people. ((Unlike in the other thread he's in.)) He had come here to see if he could find any other new believers, mainly so that he wasn't alone. He was glad to find people here, and reading and studying all they could. Reading really wasn't his thing, he actually couldn't read that well, he had never paid much attention to school or anything, and had dropped out when he was sixteen. A few months before he checked into rehab. "So what's going on here?" He asked with a brow slightly raised.

Upvote 0

cyberwing

Aug 26, 2003
Heart of Dixie
Visit site
✟37,476.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Melody looked up at James surprised to see him. She had been so immersed in the first chapters, re-reading and realizing they had witnessed the pages beneath her fingers coming to pass, she totally missed the noise of the door.
"Oh... hello. Come on in. There's food in the kitchen, pizza should still be warm and there are soda's too. Please forgive my poor hospitality. My name is Melody Stone. Come in and join us." She turned to Jason and asked him pointedly.
"Okay, so you think the 'catching away' has taken place.... so do I from what I'm reading here, but what are we to do?? We have missed it... will God ever be able to forgive us? Oh, we better listen to the radio... the news is coming on!" Melody gasped as she noticed the time on the wall clock.

Upvote 0

FireRock

Aug 23, 2004
Kansas City, Missouri
✟20,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Tara listened closely to Melody's questions and Jason's answers, all while continuing to take notes on everything. This was actually peaking her interest more than she thought it would.
"Too bad it's all a bunch of stories and beliefs and theories," she said to herself, making a note to research what forgiveness meant in Biblical terms, "I will admit that it's pretty well put together, though."
Tara loved the fact that she was ambidextrious. She shook out her right hand and started writing with her left hand, glancing up every now and then, both to see what was being said and to make sure no one was staring over her shoulder. She didn't want to get kicked out of here just because she didn't buy into all this stuff, although she was sure that if it was up to Ms. So-Called Christian, she'd get kicked out before she could put her pen down.
She sighed and yet smiled at the same old hypocrisy that always happened. "Loopholes in being a christian" is what someone had told her once, but she knew it was all fake no matter how one looked at it.

Upvote 0