Keeping the International Politics forum in good shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
Could I propose that we, we who are already showing a comittment to this forum, and those who might do so in the future: could reflect on just how we could keep this forum self moderated; under some aegis of productivity, accuracy, civility, effective contribution to a better world.
My hunch is that this is all best done through the ongoing quality of postings made. I would say that so far we have done very good.
We can however anticipate contentious issues and topics, and legitimate partisan input: and we can bring to mind what has diminished quality in other forums.
Even the threads to date, show rich contributions.
I wonder whether we can steps to have some sort of retrievable archive from what we post. I think that the marashalled data from such archive, is the best instrument of moderation: you can correct the unfounded in the partisan, simply in its presentation; you can hamstring the bigot, simply by flooding a thread with considered rebuttal from archive.
I'm not thinking of a serach engine type, formal archive: more of a division of labour; where those who regularly contribute, might take some overview archive responsibility, for an area in which they have expertise and interest. So pray4israel might take a central role in marshalling what we know about Israel: and might be presented with fresh challenge, in having to do this from both the Israeli and Palestinian point of view. Another contentious topic will be America's place in the world: and the UN another; and residual Communism another; and so on.
Just fleeting notions.
Any thoughts?

May 11, 2004
Fortress Kedar
✟21,153.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I would like to see the prayer and/or news threads moved for the most part. Not that they are all bad, but we need more discussion on actual politics I think. I will gladly help out with threads on meritocracies, theocracies, dictatorships, and the like. I can also handle any Antarctic politics.

Upvote 0

BobbieDog

Jul 12, 2004
✟2,373.00
Faith
Other Religion
My thing, that I can perhaps contribute in: is examining prejudice, that tendency to pre-judgement that is often grounded in ethnic identity; just what perspectives do you need in play, to start loosening up the tight knots in such prejudice.
Politics, at the end of the day, and sadly: has more to do with fear and animosity grounded in ethnic prejudice; than it has to do with anyhting else.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.