Washington
✟222,419.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Joseph Smith did not destroy the printing press, and those who did were not brought to trial. Therefore the title of this thread is wrong.
Did I say that he personally did? No? Then you should direct your comment to the OP.

Did he give the order to? Yes. Did he act lawfully? No.

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Did I say that he personally did? No? Then you should direct your comment to the OP.

Did he give the order to? Yes. Did he act lawfully? No.
Yes he did give the order but only after the city council declared the Expositor a public nuisance.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Yes he did give the order but only after the city council declared the Expositor a public nuisance.

Been through that. Only faithful followers of JS had any wish to destroy a printing press that was speaking out against JS! Nobody else would care!!

Upvote 0

He is the way

Apr 17, 2018
Murray
✟113,072.00
Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Married
Been through that. Only faithful followers of JS had any wish to destroy a printing press that was speaking out against JS! Nobody else would care!!
Not all members of the city council were LDS. I know that Sylvester Emmons was not LDS. I am not sure about councilor Hunter or Johnson.

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Not all members of the city council were LDS. I know that Sylvester Emmons was not LDS. I am not sure about councilor Hunter or Johnson.

Yes, so you've said. Again, only those sympathetic to JS had any reason to want a press printing things critical to him, destroyed. You have all admitted that "everyone" was trying to get rid of the LDS---no reason than to expect them to destroy what they clearly wanted.

Upvote 0