Texas
✟18,462.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
How often do you wear jewelry? How much do you wear, and how big is it?

Also, how expensive do you like to wear?

I don't wear jewelry very often, when I do it's usually a necklace that's kinda small. I never wear anything more than, like, 50 dollars... but I have aunts who wear 200 dollar necklaces every day and see that as normal. To me that seems a little extravagant? but I am the kind of person who looses things so I don't wear any jewelry that's expensive.

folklore

Sep 18, 2014
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I'm surprised that no one has responded to this yet!

I love jewelry. With the exceptions of stud earrings, though, I only wear it if I'm going out. It isn't practical on a farm. I usually wear stud earrings (large ones get caught in my hair), pendant necklaces, and the occasional bracelet. With the exception of the necklaces, they're usually small.

Being an unemployed student with a horse to feed, I try to avoid spending over $10 on any single piece. Most of what is out there just isn't my cup of tea, so I'll head for the nearest craft store and purchase chains, pendants, beads, and craft my own. Almost all of what I what I wear has either been handed down by family members, gifts, or made myself.

Reactions: graciesings
Upvote 0

Saricharity

Follower of Christ
Mar 24, 2014
Canada
✟75,597.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I love sparkly things and will wear jewelry quite often when I go out.
Normally I wear earrings, necklace and a ring from my Fiancé.
My necklace is a heart locket.
Earrings change depending on the outfit and how I feel.
My earrings are just cheapie things from Ardenes or Claire's.
My necklace is sterling silver and was a gift.
I'm not sure how much my ring cost but it is white gold and so pretty!!

image.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HannahElizaW

God Says It, THAT Settles It!
Feb 11, 2015
Oklahoma, USA
✟16,471.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
How often do you wear jewelry? How much do you wear, and how big is it?

Also, how expensive do you like to wear?

I don't wear jewelry very often, when I do it's usually a necklace that's kinda small. I never wear anything more than, like, 50 dollars... but I have aunts who wear 200 dollar necklaces every day and see that as normal. To me that seems a little extravagant? but I am the kind of person who looses things so I don't wear any jewelry that's expensive.
It's a rare sighting to see me much with jewelry..

Upvote 0
Sep 19, 2015
✟15,361.00
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
interesting you bring this up. Warning: I'm a seeker, and in no way do I intend to mislead you. You really need to do what you believe God wants you to do. But here it goes: growing up, I've never been allowed to wear jewelry! (my family is seventh day adventist). Not even small, cheap bracelets or necklaces. Personally, I don't want my ears pierced but it's cause I'm not used to it! It would be weird for me and I don't think I'd look good lol. My take on jewelry, is it's about your heart. If you feel in your heart that you are wearing jewelry for the wrong reasons, then either don't wear it, or wear less of it. ( really it's kind of like makeup in that sense. it's what you make of it. it can become a good thing or a very negative thing). The bible verse in 1st timothy that my parents use really has to be read in context. You see, back in Paul's day, they spent a lot of money on jewelry (for example, they'd put gold in their hair!), and alot of time braiding their hair. (even sda's braid hair all the time!) I don't believe the actual act of wearing jewelry is a sin, it's really why you are wearing it in the first place. Are you wearing it because you like it, or because you want other people to like it? Of course, we all want people to like how we look and that's completely natural. But like you were saying, all things in moderation. When I move out, personally, I'm going to wear a few bracelets with my favorite inspirational, recovery messages and causes I am passionate about. I may wear a pretty necklace or two, put like my profile pic, "I'd rather wear flowers in my hair, than diamonds around my neck." Just how it is for me :)

Upvote 0

Teegan

Daughter of the King
Jul 10, 2015
✟9,054.00
Country
Bahamas
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I love sparkly things and will wear jewelry quite often when I go out.
Normally I wear earrings, necklace and a ring from my Fiancé.
My necklace is a heart locket.
Earrings change depending on the outfit and how I feel.
My earrings are just cheapie things from Ardenes or Claire's.
My necklace is sterling silver and was a gift.
I'm not sure how much my ring cost but it is white gold and so pretty!!

View attachment 159357

[bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse]!!! It's beautiful, Saricharity.

Reactions: Saricharity
Upvote 0

Vayacondios

Nov 15, 2015
✟15,181.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I only wear jewelry on special occasions usually.
I always wear a small neck necklace. Small white beads with a fish and cross.
Other necklaces I save for occasions aren't too big. I have a cross my dad made for me. A necklace with six running horses. Mare and her foal. I have a ring like a belt buckle. Nothing too fancy. I don't have pierced ears, so no earrings.

Upvote 0